Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

English cricket

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2022 at 12:24pm
England may have found their own leggy if so they could really be something special
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2022 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

England may have found their own leggy if so they could really be something special

This lad could be very exciting. 8 wickets in your first test at 18 is not  bad start. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2022 at 3:32pm
I've heard the he's on his way to Rwanda in the near future , according to Braveerman
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2022 at 9:04am
So thats 9 from 10 under Bazball. I take my hat off to the leadership team for changing England's fortunes dramatically. 

I remain unconvinced that the approach will  work against the best teams in the World such as Australia home or away or India in India. I will reserve final judgement until I see the ashes series next year. McCallum has shown once again the importance attached to selection calls. 

His faith in Duckett, Brooks & Ahmed was totally vindicated. This is the area that i expect Gatland to get his rewards when he takes over. His record of getting selections correct sets him apart from most International coaches certainly Pivac. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2023 at 9:01am
Some good news for England in their preparations for the all important Ashes series this summer. Jofra Archer back bowling at 90+ MPH & taking 6 wickets in England's one day victory against South Africa. A small step I admit as bowling 8 overs at full throttle in 3 or 4 spells ain't no 5 day test loading but good first steps at least. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2023 at 9:11am
Aye he looked like he was easing himself back into things in the first ODI before being rested in the 2nd. Will be interesting to see how England use him in the build up to the Ashes.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2023 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Aye he looked like he was easing himself back into things in the first ODI before being rested in the 2nd. Will be interesting to see how England use him in the build up to the Ashes.

Very carefully I would guess. He is a match winner when fully fit. None of us like the ball whizzing around our chins even the Aussies. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2023 at 10:06am
A fit Archer is lethal stone looked sharp to. I rate this brook as a bat if  bairstow and stokes plays england win the 50 over world cup just too many runs in that team
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2023 at 7:32am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

A fit Archer is lethal stone looked sharp to. I rate this brook as a bat if  bairstow and stokes plays england win the 50 over world cup just too many runs in that team

Brooks led the England charge in a 2 day warm up game against a NZ eleven. They scored 465 in 67 overs, Brooks got 97 I think with 9 sixes - 5 of them in one over. Unbelievable. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 9:08am
Australia warming up nicely for the Ashes - bowled out for 91 on the way to an Innings defeat in the 1st test in India. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 9:29am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Australia warming up nicely for the Ashes - bowled out for 91 on the way to an Innings defeat in the 1st test in India. 
Did you read about the dodgy pitch preparation where the watering was everywhere but where left arm spinners would pitch? Michael Vaughan was probably the most outspoken of the pundit quotes I read. The Aussies pundits were quite good at highlighting the (seeming) malpractice in a diplomatic manner akin to a declaration bowler delivery to a big hitter.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Did you read about the dodgy pitch preparation where the watering was everywhere but where left arm spinners would pitch? Michael Vaughan was probably the most outspoken of the pundit quotes I read. The Aussies pundits were quite good at highlighting the (seeming) malpractice in a diplomatic manner akin to a declaration bowler delivery to a big hitter.

Yes nothing that unusual when playing in India. when you've got World Class spinners makes a lot of sense. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 10:08am
Hone advantage in cricket is now way too much of a thing. For me you should have neutral ground staff to ensure all wickets of a even standard. India are nigh on impossible beat in india at the moment, tests over inside 3 days doesn’t make for a good watch though

Edited by RR1972 - 11 February 2023 at 10:10am
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 10:15am

Yes nothing that unusual when playing in India. when you've got World Class spinners makes a lot of sense. 
I get the preparation of the whole pitch to suit your attack, however, to be so specific as this instance was takes it too far imo. AUstralia have stacks of left-handed batters and it was in this area that the targeting was carried out. India had one left-handed (scored a century iirc), while Aussies had about 6.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 12:10pm

I get the preparation of the whole pitch to suit your attack, however, to be so specific as this instance was takes it too far imo. AUstralia have stacks of left-handed batters and it was in this area that the targeting was carried out. India had one left-handed (scored a century iirc), while Aussies had about 6.

Ashwin is a top bowler & takes wickets on all surfaces. With the ball spinning sideways he's a lefties nightmare. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 7:42am
I think we may be seeing the emergence of the greatest batsman England have ever produced. Harry Brook today 184 not out with 24 fours & 5 sixes. I appreciate that it is early days in his career but what a start he has made. The Aussies will be casting a few glances at this England team at the moment. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic