Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Teams for final test.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teams for final test.
    Posted: 11 July 2022 at 7:34am
As far as Wales are concerned I would imagine they will only make enforced changes - Adams for Cuthbert, Wainwright for Lewis, possibly Anscombe for Biggar if Biggar doesn't make it fitness wise. Potential for Harri & Rhys to come onto the bench. That would not be my selection but I don't see Pivac changing now. I would select Johnny Williams to start with Watkin & Cawdor on the bench. 

Now the Boks selection is another thing all together. From the 15 who started last Saturday I would guess that only Etzebeth, Pollard & possibly Pieter-Steph will make the 23 so yes another 20 changes. The Boks will be wounded and hounded by their press and supporters all week - to say they will come out fighting is an understatement. They will probably name their team on Tuesday again so Pivac & his team will now whats coming if they don't already!!!!

What a chance for Pivac to show some imagination. He can't really lose as most observers were expecting a 3-0 hammering. The Boks will be expecting us to play the same way - tight, defend well, 10 man rugby. Surprise them with Johnny & North punching it through the middle and getting the ball wide to our back 3 who are capable of scoring tries for sure. That gameplan will surprise the Boks and give them more to think about. If we go for an arm wrestle I do not see us winning. 
Sponsored Links

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2022 at 11:51am
I still think what I thought last week before the Boks selected their second side and that is that we have to make some changes to the selection and the pattern of play. However, if we are going to persist with the same pattern, then Johnny on the crash ball would seem a better bet than Tompkins at 12. Move Tompkins to 13 instead of George who has not been a heavy contributor. Otherwise selection will be according to fitness.

I would have changed one of the flankers last week to introduce a bit of ball carrying but both managed to carry on saturday so perhaps not. And in any case Tipuric isnt there so none of the fkankers on tour would offer a dramatic difference in skill set.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2022 at 12:06pm
I'd bring Jonny in the centre, both Tomkins & North were pinged a couple of times for being offside & I think Jonny brings a bit more direct running.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2022 at 5:22pm
Cuthbert out for Wales 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 11:27am
I’ve been reading the wales online article on this. Who the hell runs this piece of poo. The spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes are shocking. 

Edited by SA14 - 14 July 2022 at 11:27am
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 11:32am

Wales team: Liam Williams; Louis Rees-Zammit, George North, Nick Tompkins, Josh Adams; Dan Biggar, Kieran Hardy; Gareth Thomas, Ryan Elias, Dillon Lewis, Will Rowlands, Adam Beard, Dan Lydiate, Tommy Reffell, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Dewi Lake, Wyn Jones, Sam Wainwright, Alun Wyn Jones, Josh Navidi, Tomos Williams, Gareth Anscombe, Owen Watkin

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 11:33am
I mean in terms of us starting the season well, we can look at it that Patchell, J.Williams, O'Connor & Davies haven't played so they should be able to join the squad fairly early doors.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 12:00pm
It's a major surprise Lewis is fit. A change on the day?
Kentexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 12:37pm
Reckon Lewis will drop  out after the warm up on Saturday 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Kentexile Kentexile wrote:

Reckon Lewis will drop  out after the warm up on Saturday 

I was thinking the same about Biggar to be honest.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2022 at 4:19pm
Shakey start. Havent had the ball yet. 
Cofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2022 at 4:19pm
Patchell in on the bench, Ansombe injury. And now Falatau out ...
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2022 at 4:24pm
Already tell this test is being reffed to death.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2022 at 4:31pm
Incredible response 
Superscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2022 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

As far as Wales are concerned I would imagine they will only make enforced changes - Adams for Cuthbert, Wainwright for Lewis, possibly Anscombe for Biggar if Biggar doesn't make it fitness wise. Potential for Harri & Rhys to come onto the bench. That would not be my selection but I don't see Pivac changing now. I would select Johnny Williams to start with Watkin & Cawdor on the bench. 

Now the Boks selection is another thing all together. From the 15 who started last Saturday I would guess that only Etzebeth, Pollard & possibly Pieter-Steph will make the 23 so yes another 20 changes. The Boks will be wounded and hounded by their press and supporters all week - to say they will come out fighting is an understatement. They will probably name their team on Tuesday again so Pivac & his team will now whats coming if they don't already!!!!

What a chance for Pivac to show some imagination. He can't really lose as most observers were expecting a 3-0 hammering. The Boks will be expecting us to play the same way - tight, defend well, 10 man rugby. Surprise them with Johnny & North punching it through the middle and getting the ball wide to our back 3 who are capable of scoring tries for sure. That gameplan will surprise the Boks and give them more to think about. If we go for an arm wrestle I do not see us winning. 
Disappointed Gareth Davies didn't feature. Hardy struggled

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2022 at 1:10am
I had a feeling that Hardy would be replaced at or just after half time, but to be honest I thought that wales lost structure when Tom Williams came on, he just doesn’t have a tactical brain for international rugby, often taking the wrong options.
The backrow suffered without Falatae being at 8, Navidi isn’t an international 8 and it affected the balance of the backrow.  Reffell was outstanding again, why Pivac didn’t selected him for the 6 nations and run the risk of England capping him beggars belief.
Wainwright again coped really well against probably the most physical front row in international rugby.
George North finally looked comfortable at centre, which must be his position moving forward.
On the whole I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how competitive the series has been - considering the performances of the regions against those of the SA franchises.  I thought that Victor Matfield’s were very true when he said that the welsh players should be performing at similar levels for their regions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic