Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan jones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryan jones
    Posted: 18 July 2022 at 4:46pm
I read on the gutter paper that andy powell(tim nice but dim) is in a spat with anscombe's wife regarding ryan jones's diagnosis of early onset dementia i will let you all read it and make your own judgments but if ryan is suing the WRU for the diagnosis why isn't he suing the ospreys and celtic warriors for the games he played for them and how long is it before rugby union and league is a thing of the past?
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 7:19pm
The union are the governing  body in wales so all the players cone under their duty of care (i think)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

The union are the governing  body in wales so all the players cone under their duty of care (i think)
Thanks RR .
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Thanks RR .

I thought the employer is responsible for the health and safety of  their  employees.  Ryan would have been under the care of the Regions when playing for them and WRU when representing Wales. Imo
Keep the faith
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 9:46pm
As nice as Ryan Jones is in the public domain and as awful as the situation is. Suing the WRU is wrong in my opinion. They’ve looked after him well, long after retiring from playing. Obviously had no issues taking their money.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 10:23pm
Can a player sue for any injury?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 10:24pm
So you are saying that he isn't  entitled  to compensation for being injured at work?  I believe under the law he is entitled to pursue a claim as are every employee who suffers injury whilst doing their job. 
Keep the faith
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Thanks RR .

I thought the employer is responsible for the health and safety of  their  employees.  Ryan would have been under the care of the Regions when playing for them and WRU when representing Wales. Imo
it’s the same as pophan not sueung us the claims all seen to be against the wru as i guess they govern the game and player welfare in wales? I maybe wrong though. Any legal eagles on here care to confirm?

Edited by RR1972 - 18 July 2022 at 11:31pm
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 7:34am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

So you are saying that he isn't  entitled  to compensation for being injured at work?  I believe under the law he is entitled to pursue a claim as are every employee who suffers injury whilst doing their job. 

Was he injured at work? Has he sued the WRU for physical injuries that he sustained while playing?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 7:40am
The WRU have the deepest pockets. Celtic Warriors don’t exist and Ospreys aren’t that flush so the WRU is the obvious target, especially in a class action.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 8:43am
What ever happens with these law suits, its clear that changes are needed. Its no coinsidence that the players showing these early signs of dementia and other injuries coinside with the introduction of subsitutions as part of the game. Injury subs should be reintroduced with certain stiplularions such as l, if you come off injured you miss x amounts of days training and matchdays. This with make players fitter and also the days of your 20st juggornauts will dissapear and fittness will repkace bulk. Through this impact will be reduced. Also any head co tact must be dealt with. Just look at Porter on Sat. Straight red all day long. Refs need to be held accountable too
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

The WRU have the deepest pockets. Celtic Warriors don’t exist and Ospreys aren’t that flush so the WRU is the obvious target, especially in a class action.

I would think that the Regions and the WRU would have Employee Liability Insurance in place, the same as all employers in the country.
Any claims will be handled by their insurers.  
That's OK for now but in the future the insurance premiums will become unaffordable and the game would either have to change beyond recognition or cease to exist.
Keep the faith
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 10:32am
I think that there is an element of truth in that we’ve seen a lot more head injuries in the game since the game allowed players to be substituted for tactical reasons.
Going back only a decade or two, you never had a 23 match day squad, a complete front row replacement (at the 60 minute mark), a couple of bruising back rowers or centres ready to come onto the field in the later stages of the match just to scatter the opposition.
The game has become all about having the biggest players and the biggest squads and grinding down the opposition (battering them into submission).
Perhaps (as has been alluded to in this thread) we need to consider a return to small match day squads (that would also reduce the cost of the squad) and to a return to substitutions for injuries only.
With regards to Ryan, the diagnosis for him isn’t great, a consultant has stated that his case is one of the worst he’s come across.  I wish him luck, he’s been a great servant to welsh rugby and rugby needs to support players after they finish playing.
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 10:45am
Regardless of the legal ramifications,   this is a personal tragedy for Ryan and his family. I think of all the things I've done since I was 41 and he is looking into the abyss, no wonder he is afraid. Poor bloke.
Joshua24:15
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Regardless of the legal ramifications,   this is a personal tragedy for Ryan and his family. I think of all the things I've done since I was 41 and he is looking into the abyss, no wonder he is afraid. Poor bloke.

Completely agree, I too would be terrified 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Completely agree, I too would be terrified 

I'll be honest, I don't play to a high level (if any level at all) but I have had a couple of concussions & I do have started to think about the long term effects.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic