Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Rules/Code of Conduct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2022 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

A good sign for me is reading a posters profile with some of the worst offenders reluctant to put their names on it.

what like yours lol....
Been away for the week Sal so couldn't check but i'm pretty sure my name used to be there and where i'm from may have been omitted as we don't want it over run with tourists Wink but for the record it's Nigel Williams and Ammanford.Thumbs Up
Nobody will ever find me. LOL
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2022 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

A good sign for me is reading a posters profile with some of the worst offenders reluctant to put their names on it.

what like yours lol....
Been away for the week Sal so couldn't check but i'm pretty sure my name used to be there and where i'm from may have been omitted as we don't want it over run with tourists Wink but for the record it's Nigel Williams and Ammanford.Thumbs Up

How many have looked?

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2022 at 9:27pm

what like yours lol....

I know Nige lol.. I was only pulling your leg buddy...

Now there's this guy called sa14.. he's a nightmare and nobody knows who he is lol..... bit like that lofty evans guy......

Most people don't actually know my name and just call me Sal lol...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2022 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

what like yours lol....
Further top credentials are that a lot of people on the forum have met him and who can forget the Hotel Nat West in Northampton, even if you’ve not met him?
It was the Yorkshire bank which bore a striking resemblance to travel lodge next door with the sun in your eyes EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2022 at 10:04pm

what like yours lol....

I know Nige lol.. I was only pulling your leg buddy...

Now there's this guy called sa14.. he's a nightmare and nobody knows who he is lol..... bit like that lofty evans guy......

Most people don't actually know my name and just call me Sal lol...
I know that SalLOLThumbs Up
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2022 at 3:42am
Well it won't be long before the season comes around, and we will have our range of differing views as a usual...which is understandable, acceptable and healthy.
What is not acceptable, (represented by a minority), is gross negativity, based not on facts or clear evidence.
To be honest, I have been around too long to bother with that, or get embroiled in heated debates..
Always best try to concentrate on the positives , but of course , if things need to be said that are clearly wrong , obviously call it out, and I'm not afraid of doing that ! 
I joined the forum to interact positively with other scarlets fans, and there are many on here who are a joy to read... well informed ,rational ,sensible arguments, which often give me a greater insight to what's going on. Long may that continue.

One other thing I do enjoy on the forum , is when someone introduces a huge slice of humour, which cuts through everything..LOL  !!
Lets be honest , we have been through some tough times recently, and there more bad news on the horizon this autumn, as the cost of living crisis deepens, leaving a lot of people in Llanelli struggling...so a bit of humour to put the smile on ones face goes a long way.
Its not a bad aim if we we were a whole lot nicer to each other, because life is too short !
I stood yer on tanner bank
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2022 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Well it won't be long before the season comes around, and we will have our range of differing views as a usual...which is understandable, acceptable and healthy.
What is not acceptable, (represented by a minority), is gross negativity, based not on facts or clear evidence.
To be honest, I have been around too long to bother with that, or get embroiled in heated debates..
Always best try to concentrate on the positives , but of course , if things need to be said that are clearly wrong , obviously call it out, and I'm not afraid of doing that ! 
I joined the forum to interact positively with other scarlets fans, and there are many on here who are a joy to read... well informed ,rational ,sensible arguments, which often give me a greater insight to what's going on. Long may that continue.

One other thing I do enjoy on the forum , is when someone introduces a huge slice of humour, which cuts through everything..LOL  !!
Lets be honest , we have been through some tough times recently, and there more bad news on the horizon this autumn, as the cost of living crisis deepens, leaving a lot of people in Llanelli struggling...so a bit of humour to put the smile on ones face goes a long way.
Its not a bad aim if we we were a whole lot nicer to each other, because life is too short !

It’s that sense of humour aspect you mentioned I miss, it’s hardly seen on here at all. It’s all too serious now. I think the main difference is the majority knew each other before. I wouldn’t know anyone on here now. 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2022 at 10:12am
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

what like yours lol....

How many have looked?

Cheeky Embarrassed
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2022 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I think the forum goes round in different incarnations. I remember the very early days where it was more like a chat room. Don’t think I ever saw any arguments. The best were when Lofty, Smelly, OAM, Salmidach, Baz etc were in their prime. Lots of chat, disagreements but disagreements not taking to heart. Drunken Fridays nights post match were my highlights. Have a look in the forum gold section for some crackers. Who knew a thread could form about scotch eggs. 

Good comment... the likes of Smelly were great fun and posts after a few too many beers were not taken to heart.

I agree with another comment someone made to the effect that negativity without good reason isn't helpful... I like to think that (nearly) all who post on SF have the good of the Scarlets at heart, even if we may disagree on the directions to take.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2022 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I think the forum goes round in different incarnations. I remember the very early days where it was more like a chat room. Don’t think I ever saw any arguments. The best were when Lofty, Smelly, OAM, Salmidach, Baz etc were in their prime. Lots of chat, disagreements but disagreements not taking to heart. Drunken Fridays nights post match were my highlights. Have a look in the forum gold section for some crackers. Who knew a thread could form about scotch eggs. 

Good comment... the likes of Smelly were great fun and posts after a few too many beers were not taken to heart.

I agree with another comment someone made to the effect that negativity without good reason isn't helpful... I like to think that (nearly) all who post on SF have the good of the Scarlets at heart, even if we may disagree on the directions to take.

100%. I whinge but not because I hate them. I’m ying to the Yang. 😂😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic