Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

URC Fixtures 2022/23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 1:23pm
And across the bridge,  the Premiership will launch their season with a sold out double header at HQ.  Puts our league in the shade. Dead
Keep the faith
Sponsored Links

Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

And across the bridge,  the Premiership will launch their season with a sold out double header at HQ.  Puts our league in the shade. Dead
I’m not sure there’d be much appetite for a Judgement Day to kick off the league amongst our supporters, especially if it was one of our ‘home’ fixtures. 
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I’m not sure there’d be much appetite for a Judgement Day to kick off the league amongst our supporters, especially if it was one of our ‘home’ fixtures. 

I personally dislike the whole 'Judgement Day' idea. Derby matches should be played locally in the stadium of the home side, in my opinion. Judgement Day was, for many, nothing more than an opportunity for a booze-up. Half the fans are only interested in seeing one game and sit and chat through it. Zero atmosphere in the stadium. I've done it a couple of times and for me it was just a poor day out on both occasions.

It’s a money spinner. That’s the only reason for it. 

Edited by SA14 - 29 July 2022 at 4:58pm
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 4:14pm
I was simply pointing out that the Premiership will start with a bang whilst the URC will start with a whimper.
Keep the faith
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I think people actually believe the Scarlets are the only team with poor scheduling. Poor kick off times, worse refs, worse injuries etc 

I'd be keen to see you answer Seagultaf's question:
"Can you imagine the Irish agreeing to their biggest derby game between Leinster and Munster to be played on the first weekend of the season with both teams missing most of their international players?"

It could happen. 
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 6:30pm

Which Prem games are being played in Twickenham to start the season?

In terms of quality and availability - Think people are underestimating the non-English talent that the Prem has lost this off-season and just how few games English internationals will play next season (less than 50%).

The problem is not the URC, or the Prem, it’s the global calendar imo. Simply too much international rugby being played.

Edited by hartson11 - 29 July 2022 at 6:34pm
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 7:12pm

Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

I think people actually believe the Scarlets are the only team with poor scheduling. Poor kick off times, worse refs, worse injuries etc 

I'd be keen to see you answer Seagultaf's question:
"Can you imagine the Irish agreeing to their biggest derby game between Leinster and Munster to be played on the first weekend of the season with both teams missing most of their international players?"

It could happen. 
Should I diarise this before or after hell freezes over?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 7:43pm

I was simply pointing out that the Premiership will start with a bang whilst the URC will start with a whimper.

How is a derby at home to the Ospreys a whimper.

Can’t speak for the Ospreys but we should see hell of a strong squad.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 8:25pm
We will smash the Ospreys at PYS*. We’re far less affected by Welsh call ups than they are.

*Yes I am drinking, in a hot climate, with my son

Edited by Wasp - 29 July 2022 at 8:26pm
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

We will smash the Ospreys at PYS*. We’re far less affected by Welsh call ups than they are.

*Yes I am drinking, in a hot climate, with my son
You’ll need to narrow that location down Wink
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

In terms of quality and availability - Think people are underestimating the non-English talent that the Prem has lost this off-season and just how few games English internationals will play next season (less than 50%).

The problem is not the URC, or the Prem, it’s the global calendar imo. Simply too much international rugby being played.

Apologies, I was totally wrong to post the above comment without checking my facts.  It appears the Premiership  will not be starting the season with a Twickenham double header, in fact I don't  believe they will have one at all during the coming season.
I'm  just going off to eat a slice of humble pie.Angry

Keep the faith
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 8:39pm

Apologies, I was totally wrong to post the above comment without checking my facts.  It appears the Premiership  will not be starting the season with a Twickenham double header, in fact I don't  believe they will have one at all during the coming season.

No worries, GP. These things happen.

Most of those tickets were freebies or next to nothing, weren’t they? Still a good atmosphere for TV etc.
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 9:24pm
In the minority on here but I enjoy a day out for Judgement day, really good atmosphere and a good day out. For the casual supporter it’s a no brainer at the prices they charge for it. If it’s a close season there’ll be something on it too, Welsh shield, top 8 etc.
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 9:53pm

No need to apologise, I was genuinely curious that I may have missed the double header announcement.

As an aside, initially I was gutted with the timing of the Scarlets SA trip given we'll be without international players in all likelihood, but thinking about it, off the pitch may be a good thing for us. Trip coincides with the FIFA World Cup, which during our cold and wet winter nights, and it being on free to air TV may have kept a significant number off the gate had we had home games.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2022 at 7:20am
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

In the minority on here but I enjoy a day out for Judgement day, really good atmosphere and a good day out. For the casual supporter it’s a no brainer at the prices they charge for it. If it’s a close season there’ll be something on it too, Welsh shield, top 8 etc.
I want to know which part of the stadium you’re in as that has certainly never been my experience! The one easy change the WRU could do to better the atmosphere is give an allocation to each club in a specific part of the stadium. The fans of each club would then be sitting together, able to create an atmosphere while those who are just there for a day out could sit away from actual fans.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2022 at 9:06am

No need to apologise, I was genuinely curious that I may have missed the double header announcement.

As an aside, initially I was gutted with the timing of the Scarlets SA trip given we'll be without international players in all likelihood, but thinking about it, off the pitch may be a good thing for us. Trip coincides with the FIFA World Cup, which during our cold and wet winter nights, and it being on free to air TV may have kept a significant number off the gate had we had home games.
Good shout 

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic