Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We're so poor at marketing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

We just don't help ourselves really....

Just had a text from the Scarlets:

"Scarlets v Ospreys Tickets are on sale now!
17/10/2022 | 17:15 KO

Link to book"

So amateurish. 
Poor really, and could cost the club money in terms of missed ticket sales.

But who gets these text messages anyway? I used to get texts but not any more.  I get texts from the Blues and Ospreys mind which winds me up a treat. I even got a phone call from the Ospreys last year to ask if my company would sponsor them. 
I’ve had a text, email, plus I’ve seen the club advertising the fixture on social media. 

They probably only retain phone numbers for a certain period of time. I’ve seen criticism of the Ospreys over the past few weeks relating to them trying to advertise season tickets to a lapsed customer who passed away a number of years ago.
Good point about only retaining phone numbers for a certain period of time.  You would think they would keep regular ticket purchasers on their  lists though.

I like the Captain's idea of forum members offering help. Wouldn't be a bad idea for the club to set up a focus group or something where the club could test their marketing material.  I'm sure they would get good and constructive feedback.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

I accept it may not be the best, but why don’t you (everyone who is complaining) off some of their time to help out with marketing. 

Then we can complain about you
why stop there? Why not let a few  of us have the odd game? If we are poor the forum can give us some stickWinkWink
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 8:16pm

Link to book"

So amateurish. 

I think thats a great proposal, delay the game until both sides can field all their top players.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

Link to book"

So amateurish. 

I think thats a great proposal, delay the game until both sides can field all their top players.
ClapClapClapClap

Brilliant response ClapClapClapClapClap
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

I accept it may not be the best, but why don’t you (everyone who is complaining) off some of their time to help out with marketing. 

Then we can complain about you
why stop there? Why not let a few  of us have the odd game? If we are poor the forum can give us some stickWinkWink
You’re in good form tonight. 

Anything to share on the Wine and Other drinks thread?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 10:27pm
Yes posring nowWink
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 9:52am
It's quite a sorry state of affairs really. Tickets have been on sale for the Ospreys game for well over a week, and I've barely seen any promotion or marketing for it, and this is supposedly our biggest payday of the season at the gate. As a result, early ticket sales look very slow. A month to salvage it, but I've seen more promotion from unofficial scarlet twitter pages like the Supporters Group and Sosban Rugby than I have from the club itself. 

Edited by hartson11 - 17 August 2022 at 9:58am
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 9:59am
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

It's quite a sorry state of affairs really. Tickets have been on sale for the Ospreys game for well over a week, and I've barely seen any promotion or marketing for it, and this is supposedly our biggest payday of the season at the gate. As a result, early ticket sales look very slow. A month to salvage it, but I've seen more promotion from unofficial scarlet twitter pages like the Supporters Group and Sosban Rugby than I have from the club itself. 
the october game is sold out WinkLOLLOLLOL
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 4:54pm

“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

Some of us dinosaurs don't do twitter or noseybook Embarrassed
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 6:25pm

That was tweeted after my post. Maybe they're listening Smile

Edited by hartson11 - 17 August 2022 at 6:31pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 9:16pm
If the Ospreys game doesn’t get a massive crowd any argument that kick off times are the reason for poor crowds is dispelled immediately. 
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 10:18am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

If the Ospreys game doesn’t get a massive crowd any argument that kick off times are the reason for poor crowds is dispelled immediately. 

I tend to agree. I think kick off times, whilst important, is not the be all and end all - It would simply appear sadly that professional rugby just isn't a draw at the gate anymore. A combination of apathy, poor performance, covid and poor governance has set it back years.

It's not just the Scarlets, it's the same for Wales. The number of tickets available for the Argentina, Australia and Georgia games is staggering. Doesn't appear that more than 15-18k has been sold for Argentina. Even the All Blacks game has plenty of availability. 

Other than somehow being successful all of a sudden on the pitch at pro club level, I'm not too sure how we arrest the slide either.

Edited by hartson11 - 18 August 2022 at 10:22am
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 10:23am

That was tweeted after my post. Maybe they're listening Smile
quick tweet something about signing a few all blacksWink
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Not quite that simple. I expect that both sides missing some internationals, and the fact that some people have drifted out of the habit during covid, will make it harder for all sides to sell tickets.

Plus the fact that everyone is expecting to be a lot worse off this winter due to energy prices.

So we can’t compare this game to anything pre-Covid really.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 6:29pm
Agreed, our biggest earner in ticket sales & both sides are without our front line internationals. I would like to think that those who didn’t play a minute will be available. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic