Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We're so poor at marketing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2022 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Agreed, our biggest earner in ticket sales & both sides are without our front line internationals. I would like to think that those who didn’t play a minute will be available. 

This is something I don’t get. Don’t people go to see the team play? There’s players popular with people and ex internationals playing. Do Leinster supporters ever see their internationals?😂
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2022 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Agreed, our biggest earner in ticket sales & both sides are without our front line internationals. I would like to think that those who didn’t play a minute will be available. 

This is something I don’t get. Don’t people go to see the team play? There’s players popular with people and ex internationals playing. Do Leinster supporters ever see their internationals?😂
Just because you don’t get it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have an impact.
People on here are mainly hard core fans and definitely go to see the team. 
But the hard core rarely gives us more than 7k fans. I don’t know what brings the casuals in, but the presence of Team Wales players might have an impact.

Also, look at the Ospreys home crowds lately. They can barely get 5k at home. 

I’ll be delighted if we can crack 10k, but also surprised. 

The club needs to do way more than a few tweets if they want to pack the place.
The cheaper tickets and early bird deals are to be applauded though.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2022 at 12:36pm
Hope they can give a load of free tickets out to clubs / local communities / schools , pack the 3 stands out for the first game of the season hopefully in some sunshine. 

Get them hooked to be severely upset when every other game is in the cold and rain LOL
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2022 at 2:51pm

Do you still live walking distance SA ?perhaps if shoes go up in price Embarrassed personally we are in tenby every weekend and enjoy that more.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2022 at 3:09pm
Send for the mad monk and his signal  in the sky idea
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2022 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Just because you don’t get it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have an impact.
People on here are mainly hard core fans and definitely go to see the team. 
But the hard core rarely gives us more than 7k fans. I don’t know what brings the casuals in, but the presence of Team Wales players might have an impact.

Also, look at the Ospreys home crowds lately. They can barely get 5k at home. 

I’ll be delighted if we can crack 10k, but also surprised. 

The club needs to do way more than a few tweets if they want to pack the place.
The cheaper tickets and early bird deals are to be applauded though.

I think we'll be closer to 5k than 10k. 

Heard we'd sold 3200 season tickets. It's going to be a difficult road ahead. Can only hope we survive the next few years and see where the pro landscape is in Wales in 24 months or so.

Edited by hartson11 - 19 August 2022 at 3:38pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2022 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Do you still live walking distance SA ?perhaps if shoes go up in price Embarrassed personally we are in tenby every weekend and enjoy that more.

😂off to Tenby for a week next week. One thing that does bring crowds is winning. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 12:03am
What about very roughly 150.000 in Swansea area and what say roughly 100,000 in Scarlets catchment area and we can’t get 14.000 to fill the stadium for the major game Something is badly wrong if it’s not that sort of crowd even more so after 2 years of general  crowd lockdown 

Edited by reesytheexile - 21 August 2022 at 12:44am
pillory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 8:32am
Because Ospreys is game #1, the fixture loses any sort of in-season marketing advantage Scarlets would otherwise have had:

Eg.
- TV and media promotion (noting the fixture date, providing build-up).
- In-stadium promotion.
- Success from any winning streak / tangible chance at winning silverware.
- Perception this fixture would otherwise be festive.

They'll virtually have to move the bums to seats themselves. It will be a test of how well they are able to leverage their CRM, social media etc.

Aug 19 newsletter hits the right bases:
- Ticking clock on price reduction
- Atmosphere
- Supporters' village
- Meet the players
- Fifita
- New kit

Edited by pillory - 21 August 2022 at 8:34am
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 10:23am
Originally posted by pillory pillory wrote:

Because Ospreys is game #1, the fixture loses any sort of in-season marketing advantage Scarlets would otherwise have had:

Eg.
- In-stadium promotion.

They'll virtually have to move the bums to seats themselves. It will be a test of how well they are able to leverage their CRM, social media etc.

- Atmosphere
- Supporters' village
- Meet the players
- Fifita
- New kit
. Good points 👍
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 2:30pm
I don't think as a country we've bounced back from Covid yet.  We've just come back from a holiday in Brittany, a holiday that was planned for 2020 but for obvious reasons had to be postponed.  Just an observation but there is only one Ferry per day running from Plymouth to Roscoff at the moment as opposed to two per day before Covid - and even these Ferries are not anywhere near as full as they used to be.  The beaches were half empty as well. 

I think the enthusiasm for things has been dampened down in everyone and in all walks of life - it's going to take a monumental shift to get things moving properly again.

PS - I don't think working from home is helping either - we've become very lethargic as a nation (a generalisation there I know)

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 21 August 2022 at 2:33pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

I don't think as a country we've bounced back from Covid yet.  We've just come back from a holiday in Brittany, a holiday that was planned for 2020 but for obvious reasons had to be postponed.  Just an observation but there is only one Ferry per day running from Plymouth to Roscoff at the moment as opposed to two per day before Covid - and even these Ferries are not anywhere near as full as they used to be.  The beaches were half empty as well. 

I think the enthusiasm for things has been dampened down in everyone and in all walks of life - it's going to take a monumental shift to get things moving properly again.

PS - I don't think working from home is helping either - we've become very lethargic as a nation (a generalisation there I know)
Hope you had a good time and the weather was good. Did you have any storms to avoid while there?
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by pillory pillory wrote:

Eg.
- In-stadium promotion.

- Atmosphere
- Supporters' village
- Meet the players
- Fifita
- New kit

Don’t agree with that sorry. Ospreys SHOULD be a sell out or near sellout whenever it’s played or whoever the team are. Unfortunately it isn’t. The irony of people who complained at no crowds during covid. 
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 4:18pm

Disagree on the working from home - as an example, since starting working from home I go to more events than ever, including rugby, as it's great to get out of the house at the weekend.
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Hope you had a good time and the weather was good. Did you have any storms to avoid while there?
It was the best holiday weather ever to be fair and no thunderstorms. Brittany can be hit or miss but this years it could have been the Cote Azure.  

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 21 August 2022 at 4:35pm
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

Disagree on the working from home - as an example, since starting working from home I go to more events than ever, including rugby, as it's great to get out of the house at the weekend.
Sounds like working from home has energised you. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic