Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Ospreys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2022 at 7:08pm
Jones, Elias and Sebastian front row.

The thought of Fifita, Lousi, Thomson and Kalamafoni must be quite scary for opposition, 4 seriously good ball players. 

With a bit of luck we get to see the same Macleod that earned himself a call up to the Welsh squad, prior to the call up he was getting MOM every other game. Will definitely match up over the ball if we get to see that Macleod.

Gareth Davies over Hardy possibly? Cawdor still a class act and has that nettle for this type of game.

Costelow starts for me, Great all round player. Patchell let us down last season, think he has to earn the starting berth.

Scott Williams and Jonathan Davies centre pairing for me, had a full pre season together.

Back 3 of Rogers, McNicholl and Conbeer would be nice to see.

Sponsored Links

Brainfart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2022 at 9:23pm
Hope to see Nicolas feature in the centre, he impressed me last season. 
Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2022 at 10:10pm
Rogers(fb), McNicholl, Conbeer 
S Williams, J Davies
G Davies, Patchell
Blade, Lezana, Kalamafoni
T Price, Fifita
S Thomas, Hughes, Sebastian 

T Davies, W Jones, O’Connor, Lousi, Macleod, Blacker, Costelow, J Williams 

Assuming Elias and Hardy aren’t ready this week, both on bench if their available.
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2022 at 10:16pm
Saw Samson today with the players and he looked quite lean ( compared to the past) and very fit , so disappointed that he won’t be available until January- long old injury mind especially for a prop. 

Edited by reesytheexile - 13 September 2022 at 11:16pm
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2022 at 10:46pm
He’s never been same since his first achilles shame really, he looked like he could be world class and a cornerstone for us and for wales
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2022 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Jones, Elias and Sebastian front row.

The thought of Fifita, Lousi, Thomson and Kalamafoni must be quite scary for opposition, 4 seriously good ball players. 

With a bit of luck we get to see the same Macleod that earned himself a call up to the Welsh squad, prior to the call up he was getting MOM every other game. Will definitely match up over the ball if we get to see that Macleod.

Gareth Davies over Hardy possibly? Cawdor still a class act and has that nettle for this type of game.

Costelow starts for me, Great all round player. Patchell let us down last season, think he has to earn the starting berth.

Scott Williams and Jonathan Davies centre pairing for me, had a full pre season together.

Back 3 of Rogers, McNicholl and Conbeer would be nice to see.

good team that persinally id have j williams over foxy but rest i agree with
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2022 at 7:53am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

He’s never been same since his first achilles shame really, he looked like he could be world class and a cornerstone for us and for wales
Fully agree, he hasn’t been the same player.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2022 at 8:39am
This is a tricky game first up. Much will depend on the eventual line ups. My old sparring partner Why has thrown me into total confusion by predicting an Ospreys win. If Gareth Williams has been able to work a miracle and fix our porous defence then we can win & we can win well. However if we carry baggage defensively from last season we are going to struggle. 

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2022 at 9:19am
I hope we have worked hard on our defence over the summer I really do, last season we were one of the highest points scorers in the league but at the same time we were one of the sides which conceded the most points.

As you say GPR, this really isn't the easiest start for us & could be a very high scoring match but we were fairly decent at defending mauls last season & that's an area the Ospreys excel in. I think we will win this but we will need to be alert & stop giving away silly penalties. I think Josh should start at 7 so we can have a threat over the ball as they have so many players who are good at that. 

If we win this one, then I can see us picking up 4 or 5 wins out of our first 5 games & that would really put us in good standing for the season.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2022 at 9:33am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

This is a tricky game first up. Much will depend on the eventual line ups. My old sparring partner Why has thrown me into total confusion by predicting an Ospreys win. If Gareth Williams has been able to work a miracle and fix our porous defence then we can win & we can win well. However if we carry baggage defensively from last season we are going to struggle. 

I once bet on a two horse race and came third so take no notice of my predictions 😉 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2022 at 11:13am
For what it's worth, Skybet have us as 1/2 favourites & the Ospreys at 7/4 with the draw at 14/1.
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2022 at 11:58am
I can no longer afford the luxury of going to a game, after being a supporter for over 65 years.
Give Blood, Play Rugby
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2022 at 12:12pm
We need to win this huge first home game of the season  in any shape or form! Got to win home games and especially Welsh games . That loss v Dragons last season haunted me for months. Like all of us on here we don’t know what sort of team will turn up. I know Ken is getting on but I still see him as our talisman and we shall miss him. 
franciskieran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciskieran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2022 at 1:51pm
Just bought a ticket for this game, coming from Wiltshire to watch Scarlets at home 1st time for over 4 years due to lockdowns, etc... it is closer for me to go to our away matches at Newport and Cardiff so did that last season and pre-Covid, looking forward to it SmileSmile
It looks like the ends of pitch are not open yet for this match, but online there were plenty of seats available at ends of side stands...
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2022 at 3:39pm
Just had an e mail from Ticket office about our refund of cancelled game’s . Told them to keep as donation . They said a good number of fans are doing the same which is good to hear. 

Edited by reesytheexile - 14 September 2022 at 3:40pm
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2022 at 4:28pm

Referee: Adam Jones (WRU, 22nd league game)

AR 1:  Simon Rees (WRU)  AR 2: Wayne Davies (WRU)

TMO: Sean Brickell (WRU)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic