Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets side to face the Ospreys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 9:22am
GPR got to disagree late tackle =yellow card as it was so late Jonny took two steps after kicking ball. Ref said there was contact with head therefore that should be red card intent doesn’t come into it. Tuperic is not a dirty player but that was late dangerous and caused head injury. 
If the game is serious about protecting players that should be ref all day. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

GPR got to disagree late tackle =yellow card as it was so late Jonny took two steps after kicking ball. Ref said there was contact with head therefore that should be red card intent doesn’t come into it. Tuperic is not a dirty player but that was late dangerous and caused head injury. 

Why I hear what you are saying & quite clearly intent plays no part in the decision making process. For me the ref got it wrong. There clearly was force to Johnny's head, it was late but critically I thought initial contact was with the chest and was followed by contact to the head so for me yellow card & penalty. If Tipuric's was a red so was Costelows for me. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 9:35am

Initial point of contact was the chest, this is a mitigating circumstance in the same way that if a defender makes contact with an attackers head who is running in a non upright position, it usually results in a yellow. 
Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 9:47am
Just been watching the incident again. Initial contact is shoulder to chest, followed by head to head contact. It wasn’t a case of the arm sliding up onto the head after making contact with the chest.

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Initial point of contact was the chest, this is a mitigating circumstance in the same way that if a defender makes contact with an attackers head who is running in a non upright position, it usually results in a yellow. 
I agree but the contact was as a result of the ridiculously late tackle which made it reckless and caused the head to head contact. Should therefore be red in my view. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 10:31am

I agree but the contact was as a result of the ridiculously late tackle which made it reckless and caused the head to head contact. Should therefore be red in my view. 

Do you think Sam should have got a red?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 10:32am
Looking back at the game, I was really pleased to see us step up in defence - under that pressure last season we could have crumbled & lost the match before half time.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 10:36am

No because though he lifted Tuperic up he wa already on the ground so did not drop him on his head as his head was already on the floor. Yellow was harsh I thought 
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 5:47pm
Just looking at the stats from the game we had 122 tackles with 91% accuracy I’d say that’s an improvement on last year (ospreys had 180 tackles with 90% accuracy)

We missed 12 tackles compared to ospreys 21 

What killed us was the turnovers with Ospreys winning 9 

Baldwin 3
Lake 2
Tipuric 2
North 1
Garyn Phillips 1

and us winning 3 

Macleod 2
Lousi 1

We will need to improve hugely this week against Ulster as they started all guns firing against Connacht winning 36-10 interesting stats here for Ulster 8 clean breaks with 20 defenders beaten meaning our tackling will have be spot on. Scarlets V Ulster should be good as both teams enjoy attacking
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 7:04pm

No because though he lifted Tuperic up he wa already on the ground so did not drop him on his head as his head was already on the floor. Yellow was harsh I thought 

Law 9.81 A player must not lift an opponent off the ground and drop or drive that player so that their head and/or upper body make contact with the ground.
So if the head and or shoulder are not lifted off the ground, then they cant be dropped or driven into the ground. On that basis, how was it even a yellow card offence?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

Law 9.81 A player must not lift an opponent off the ground and drop or drive that player so that their head and/or upper body make contact with the ground.
So if the head and or shoulder are not lifted off the ground, then they cant be dropped or driven into the ground. On that basis, how was it even a yellow card offence?
Agreed. Thought that at the time.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 7:39pm
The blue headed gull is a protected species
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 8:23pm
Especially the Gull....ible ..... believe that and you will believe anythingLOL
pillory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2022 at 6:08pm
From Dewi Lake Online: "(Scott) Baldwin impressed Booth with an effort which included three turnovers and some brave tackling in Llanellihttps://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/tonights-rugby-news-welsh-rugby-25080812

Apart from that handoff in the face while getting skinned by Johnny Williams, I suppose.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2022 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by pillory pillory wrote:

From Dewi Lake Online: "(Scott) Baldwin impressed Booth with an effort which included three turnovers and some brave tackling in Llanellihttps://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/tonights-rugby-news-welsh-rugby-25080812

Apart from that handoff in the face while getting skinned by Johnny Williams, I suppose.

Lake a future captain!?! -a hooker who couldn't hit the beach if he jumped off a cliff.But Booth the bluffer had him converted from back row so he has to succeed innit?
Cannot but think about Jac Morgan-Bluffer Booth will have him graft forever for Orders to big up  the Blue-headed gull....he'll never get the recognition he deserves at that shower.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2022 at 7:03pm
Mark orders is a very poor joke of a person...a kind of failed YTS 'special person' with no clear skill or empathy for his profession
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic