Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kwasi Kwarteng

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 4:00pm
well if you want to get rid of first past the post then vote labour!
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

This policy is suicide for Labour but given that the Tories are propped up by Labour being useless Labours suicide would probably also collapse the Tories.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 5:56pm
I don’t have time to push back on many of the og poster’s claims but the basic arguments for what’s just happening is that the market is overreacting to the fact that Truss and Kwarteng are doing exactly what they said they’d do. 

Some contrarian points I’ve read in the last few days:

Trickle Down Economics is a leftist lie - forum favourite Daniel Hannan 

Truss’ Economic Plan isn’t the disaster everyone says it is - Bloomberg 

What exactly was the news that markets reacted to on Monday - Kwasi Kwarteng growth plan 

All have interesting points that would prevent the groupthink. 

I am not and was not a supporter of Truss, I think she’s a liability but fundamentally these two won a mandate from their party members to do exactly what they did and the markets are spooked by the fact they followed through.

People will get giddy when you say the pound dropped to 1.03 to the dollar but say nothing when it rebounds to 1.08. Markets aren’t rational all the time!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

This policy is suicide for Labour but given that the Tories are propped up by Labour being useless Labours suicide would probably also collapse the Tories.
Comments like the Labour MP calling the chancellor an ‘artificial black’ are rather stupid . She meant of course, that he isn’t a typical black guy as he was privileged being privately educated and went to Eton and stupidly went on to say that he “didn’t sound black”  but white etc … She is factually correct of course re his atypical privilege but you can’t say it ( albeit in a quiet corner where someone recorded her).  She needs to qualify her words urgently without grovelling as she has caused an avoidable distraction for the outraged Conservatives by her niavity .  Starmer won’t be happy 

Edited by reesytheexile - 27 September 2022 at 9:16pm
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

went on to say that he “didn’t sound black”  but white etc … She is factually correct of course re his a typical privilege

Interestingly, I did read in a book ages ago showed we are statistically much more prejudiced against people with different accents to us than different ethnicity.

If you think about hunter gatherers and tribal people, they mostly never met people from other ethnicities but they would have come into contact with people of similar creed but different accents and that would’ve usually been bad news.

(For the avoidance of doubt the comments are standard racism, calling someone a coconut or a bounty is just as tedious as using the n word in my book)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 6:24pm
The  hard left are more sterotypucal racist than many on the right. The idea all bame people live in council estates and soeak ln street slang is offensive and racist

Edited by RR1972 - 27 September 2022 at 6:31pm
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 6:31pm
Trcikle down economics is literally the core pricple of the labour led wa and piling investment into cardiff hoping the benefits spread to rest of wales. Not sure why more people didnt protest then tbh
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 7:56pm
Whoever was chancellor would get slated on here so no point dwelling on an individual. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2022 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Whoever was chancellor would get slated on here so no point dwelling on an individual. 
If he was playing for the scarlets nobody on here would say a thing Angry you are as predictable as my morning motion .
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2022 at 3:10am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Don't think I've ever commented on any Chancellor on here...I guess SA you will undoubtedly correct me if I'm wrong.....but this guy is simply effing insane.
And the Truss witch jeez there's something incredibly odd about her which makes her more dangerous than the other bitch Thatcher 

Edited by lofty evans - 28 September 2022 at 3:11am
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2022 at 7:39am

I don’t have time to push back on many of the og poster’s claims but the basic arguments for what’s just happening is that the market is overreacting to the fact that Truss and Kwarteng are doing exactly what they said they’d do. 

What exactly was the news that markets reacted to on Monday - Kwasi Kwarteng growth plan 

I am not and was not a supporter of Truss, I think she’s a liability but fundamentally these two won a mandate from their party members to do exactly what they did and the markets are spooked by the fact they followed through.

People will get giddy when you say the pound dropped to 1.03 to the dollar but say nothing when it rebounds to 1.08. Markets aren’t rational all the time!

Dyniol you are correct in stating that Truss/Kwarteng carried out what they had previously said they would. This gave Soros & other speculators the planning room for their shorting our currency. The fact that they actually did proceed with those policies I think have taken the banking sector somewhat by surprise as perhaps they thought the statements were designed to appeal to a very small % of the UK population who were actually entitled to vote them into power.

The forthright criticism from the IMF yesterday ( unheard of towards a G7 country) rather sums up the incredulity in the money markets & banking system. It really doesn't need an economic genius to work out that borrowing £200billion at 6-7% interest is not as prudent as borrowing at 1-2%. I look forward to seeing if this massive risk is supported by a sustained huge growth in our economy. I have a feeling though that a massive u turn may happen sooner rather than later. In tghe meantime decent, honest families across our country are going to be pushed further and further into debt with cost of living, energy debt & unsustainable mortgage payments. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2022 at 10:19am

From 
@DanielJHannan
: No, the pound isn’t crashing over a trifling batch of tax cuts. It’s because the markets are terrified of 
@Keir_Starmer.

But of course! It's like a scooby do moment where Kwerteng reveals his true identify as.... Sir Keir Starmer. LOL
Brainfart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2022 at 10:23am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

The  hard left are more sterotypucal racist than many on the right. The idea all bame people live in council estates and soeak ln street slang is offensive and racist

Isnt that the truth. Mind you, in terms of behaviour, the far left and far right are pretty much the same people, see the Horseshoe Theory...
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2022 at 4:57pm
Truss and Kwarteng have some serious questions to answer... one of you says that the money men didn't expect these policies to be announced (or maybe not so soon), which is probably true of most of them.

But what about those close to the dynamic duo? Did they know in advance? Did they short the pound, and if so when and how much did they bet? If anyone inside government told their cronies what exactly was being planned, and when, then it becomes very serious indeed.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2022 at 5:04pm
On the plus side, the pitchfork industry is booming. Is that what they meant by encouraging growth?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2022 at 7:27pm
Where have they both gone? They seem to be awol at mo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic