Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Biggar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dan Biggar
    Posted: 27 October 2022 at 7:03pm
Does his immediate signing mean the Northampton are on the same path as wasps and Worcester 

Edited by Fscarlet - 28 October 2022 at 1:10pm
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2022 at 8:20pm
Off to toulon with immediate effect. Something odd about this as he only said recently he loves it at saints. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2022 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Off to toulon with immediate effect. Something odd about this as he only said recently he loves it at saints. 
Isn't because he is taking them over salary cap Steve?
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2022 at 9:20pm
Not sure nige but English teams really cutting back. Good for Dan and family to spend some time in South of France 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2022 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

It was announced a while back that he would be leaving at the end of the season. They can’t afford to keep him because of the salary cap 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2022 at 9:53pm
Odd time to sign him tbh, he is injured then has 6 nations then  a world cup hell barely play next 12 minths
Airdaa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airdaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 12:06am
Rr1972 all the more the reason to offload him from Saints  mthly salary bill. He is potentially missing for 50% of the rest of the season. Also seems to be a tendency not to the encourage the recruitment of foreign players in the PRL.
Money is tight, falling gates at the moment and could get worse as cost of living continues to rise.
Whilst Northampton are a well established and run club I don’t think they have people throwing silly money at them like say Bath and Bristol.
Also Biggar suffers from the same problems on the field as Sexton he takes the hump with Referees etc so is a bit of a liability.
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 12:54am
If he goes to France, i wonder where that would leave him as Wales capt.
Tips of course is capt for autumn, but for 6N, with Biggar available, an issue?

He would be available for most games except those outside the international window.
Much depends on how Anscombe goes.
We wait and see 
I stood yer on tanner bank
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 6:29am
The Saints signed a 10 a couple of weeks ago from wasps I think so I guess this is to do with the salary cap. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 7:37am
Yes and Toulon will be happy to pay a bit toward early release. They love a kicking 10.
Mate down there thinks this ( so not my view).

Great for Biggar too.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 8:18am
I'd be amazed if he doesn't go to Japan next season.
tigerburnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2022 at 9:53pm
With the drop in wages, he won't be the last going to France or Japan, they are the only ones going to be paying big wages.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic