FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stormont

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stormont
    Posted: 29 October 2022 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

shouldnt they have to turn up for work in order to get paid?

Johnson holiday in Jamica, while the house is sitting in Westminster!
How does he get away with it?
Can you imagine most of the British workforce trying that stunt.

One of my former colleagues was caught on camera once in Lansdowne rd, during a Ireland v Wales game. He had feigned illness on Friday(flu) and travelled to Dublin.
The boss wanted to see him, Monday morning!!! LOL 

I stood yer on tanner bank
Sponsored Links

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 4:09pm
The tory government didn't this summer
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 3:51pm
shouldnt they have to turn up for work in order to get paid?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 2:48pm
It’s a combination of the Tory party and the DUP which is the problem.
However on the plus side for the people of NI, the economy of NI is currently in a better position than that of the UK, but having another stalemate in the NI assembly will eventually take its toll on the economy.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 11:52am
The DUP are the problem,  always have been always will be
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 10:44am
Yes, I found the feedback from the people interesting too, record numbers of people applying for dual nationality status through fear of the mess of the NI protocol and what the Tory party were likely to do with it.
It’s clear that the Tory party is completely Westminster centric and generally are is only concerned with the south / south east (where historically most of their MPs were elected), at the detriment of the electorate in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 7:29am
Be kind Wink
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

I think RR is right, the unionists get weaker every year, and will lose a lot of the members of stormont assembly at the upcoming election.
 I was in Belfast last year, nearly everyone I spoke to stated that the Tory party and DUP were not to be trusted.  They also informed me that NI citizens were applying for dual nationality (with the ROI) as they were that worried about the mess that was the NI protocol and the government’s insistence on threatening to rip it up.

Thats a very interesting post Legend.
I was in Belfast, in 2018, and realised the complexity of the problem then.
We are not fully aware in the UK.

DUP are a real bunch of +++++ Confused
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 10:41pm
I think RR is right, the unionists get weaker every year, and will lose a lot of the members of stormont assembly at the upcoming election.
 I was in Belfast last year, nearly everyone I spoke to stated that the Tory party and DUP were not to be trusted.  They also informed me that NI citizens were applying for dual nationality (with the ROI) as they were that worried about the mess that was the NI protocol and the government’s insistence on threatening to rip it up.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 6:49pm
I'm still cant figure out what gender Arlene Foster is / was Wink
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 12:55pm
The dup are more than a political party they are a bulwark for the unionist way of life. I’m a practicising catholic and a republican so my views are opposed to theirs but i get why they act like they do, we can’t judge their actions by those of political partys as we know them. However as each year passes they become less and less relevant

Edited by RR1972 - 28 October 2022 at 12:59pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 10:48am
Watched a couple of interesting programmes about it in Ireland on Tv when at Galway and the other parties are begging the DUP to go back to deal with all the other issues facing the economy which need decisions. Health/ Education/ Benefits etc In effect everything but the border trade issue. Bloody Oliver Cromwell has a lot to answer for implanting these bigots in the country and their feudal views about being British! Of course it’s nothing to do with that but rather the fear of being part of a united Catholic dominated Ireland. 

I hope the moderate DUP voters don’t support them. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 10:41am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Best performing ecconomy in the uk ....benefit of staying in the only market worth having 

Nice one Oracle. Big smile

Good points raised raised by Rochester, and  as usual,
a  " gem" from Oracle!
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Best performing ecconomy in the uk ....benefit of staying in the only market worth having 

Nice one Oracle. Big smile
Keep the faith
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 9:26am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 8:43am
Is it just me that thinks what is happening in Northern Ireland does absolutely nothing for the idea of devolved government??? If the DUP want to refuse to be involved in governing then why the hell don't those who are prepared to work just do it. Whatever constitutional clauses which permit the DUP to hold the people of Northern Ireland to ransom in this way should be repealed and a date set for the appointment of a speaker and cabinet. If Donaldson & his mob don't want to be involved then so be it.

Perhaps the DUP voters will show what they think of their politicians the next time there is an election but in the meantime you have to question why a devolved government is really needed when they have been missing from action more than working over the past few years. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic