Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales team against NZ.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

http://https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63533409

Wales v New Zealand: Bystander, 80, hurt in stadium fight

An 80-year-old bystander has been injured after an alleged altercation between two other men at Cardiff's Principality Stadium.

It happened in the stands of the stadium during Saturday's Wales v New Zealand match, which the visitors won by 55 points to 23.

The man was taken to hospital for treatment. His condition is not known.

Two men, aged 20 and 32, have been arrested for assault and remain in custody, South Wales Police has said.

Eye-witness Wales fan Tim Gould, who was sitting nearby, described how the man "flew over the rows".

"Someone in the crowd identified himself as a doctor and came over to check him out," he said.

Spectators had to move so police, stadium stewards and members of St John Ambulance could help the injured man, said Mr Gould, who was at the game with his friend and their two 14-year-old sons.

"He was talking so I'm hoping he's OK," he said.

Police have appealed for witnesses.

Shameful stuff. 

Disgraceful what happened in the stadium  
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Without a framework in place for the development of these youngsters, we can expect Andrew Gazzi to be in the bench next week...btw he's the 61 year old who plays for gorseinon
if he was on our books he would be a promising 61 year old.Wink
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Originally posted by gaffer gaffer wrote:

Spirited effort by the team. However, this is a bang average All Blacks team (by their standards) and it was all much too easy. Lack of depth and general poor coaching (breakdowns were hopeless as was game management) lead to an inevitable defeat. Welsh rugby is in decline and it isn’t clear that there is any hope for the future.

Everytime Wales scored a penalty or try...they scored straight away....you just knew they would...their hardness and physical intensity is different stuff....I don't think I or you Sir will see a Welsh side defeat NZ...just a feeling...and if Savea is bang average and Aaron Smith....I would take average anytime.

You know what I mean - they have great players but, currently,  are also relatively ordinary in some positions (wing, centre, second row). Whereas in the last 20 years some NZ teams had no 'ordinary' internationals in the matchday 23 and beyond.
What's going on?
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 5:55pm

An 80-year-old bystander has been injured after an alleged altercation between two other men at Cardiff's Principality Stadium.

It happened in the stands of the stadium during Saturday's Wales v New Zealand match, which the visitors won by 55 points to 23.

Two men, aged 20 and 32, have been arrested for assault and remain in custody, South Wales Police has said.

Eye-witness Wales fan Tim Gould, who was sitting nearby, described how the man "flew over the rows".

"Someone in the crowd identified himself as a doctor and came over to check him out," he said.

Spectators had to move so police, stadium stewards and members of St John Ambulance could help the injured man, said Mr Gould, who was at the game with his friend and their two 14-year-old sons.

Shameful stuff. 

Disgraceful really.
I have been saying for ages that selling alcohol at the stadium, with a later KO, 
meaning some will be drinking all day.
People's behaviour totally changes when alcohol is involved.
Nothing changes and WRU will do nothing about it, All, that matters is... £ !

I would like to see live international sport, but resent paying ridiculous prices
What puts me off though, is not that, but unacceptable behaviour of those who have been drinking
I would NEVER attend the stadium, unless I could sit in the non-alcohol area, behind the posts.
Previously, it was at the Cardiff arms park end.
i have been there a few times, and its fine, with families etc and people like me who want to take alcohol out of the equation for the match. Tickets were a bit cheaper too.

Sincerely hope this gentleman is OK, best wishes to him and his family.
I am sure I speak for all on SF and scarlets.
I stood yer on tanner bank
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 6:04pm
In fairness it was a 315 kick off so not that late. In a crowd of 77,00 your always going to get some idiots sadly. I like a pint when im at the games tbh 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Shameful stuff. 

Disgraceful really.
I have been saying for ages that selling alcohol at the stadium, with a later KO, 

I would like to see live international sport, but resent paying ridiculous prices
What puts me off though, is not that, but unacceptable behaviour of those who have been drinking
I would NEVER attend the stadium, unless I could sit in the non-alcohol area, behind the posts.
i have been there a few times, and its fine, with families etc and people like me who want to take alcohol out of the equation for the match. Tickets were a bit cheaper too.

cricket has brought in several alcohol free stands, which clearly needs to be done at cardiff 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Wasn't it Einstein who said that insanity is repeating doing things and expecting a different result? Someone should tell Pivac. Every series be it Autumn or 6 nations he does the same thing - shoehorn into his team players who have little or no rugby recently & complain when beaten that they were up against a battle hardened team. 

His chosen team had Halfpenny, Owens, Gareth Thomas & Tipuric that fell into that category. Halfers didn't make it to KO, Ken tried hard but in vain, Thomas was stuffed & Tipuric had probably his worst game for Wales. Has Pivac learnt - well no is the answer if you listen to his post match quote saying that Cuthbert will be ready for the Argentina game - the same Cuthbert who last played in July/August!!!!!!!

When is he going to realise that saying the step up from region/clubs who are performing woefully to Internationals is huge but yet he expects some of his players to magically get ready by breathing the air at the Vale is beyond me. Comparisons made between how we coped with South Africa's physicality and NZ yesterday are missing one very simple explanation - SA's physicality is delivered at a pace with which we are comfortable; NZ are on a different planet pace wise to most teams apart from Ireland & France. 

We were second best in all areas of the game. The back row experiment was a disaster; scrum was taken to the cleaners, carrying apart from a brave effort from Ken was non existent.Defensively we were all over the place. The first Aaron Smith try was embarrassing. Any light at the end of this dark tunnel - well lets clutch at a few straws - Tomos Williams tried hard, defended better than usual and got stuck in but was behind a beaten pack & Smith was all over him; many on here have praised Tompkins who did have his usual busy game but I am sorry where is the end result - he constantly threw passes behind people - his pass for Dyer's try was the exception. He is defensively a weakness in the 10/12 channel. Rio Dyer looks an International player. Thats about it.

Finally we have debated recently the requirement for pace at 15 - a glaring example was shown with Anscombe's charge down - pretty simple really if that had been Barrett - Beauden or Jordi it was try time. Selection for the Argentina game will be interesting - Francis subbed with Beard at half time suggests a knock; Halfpenny has done his hamstring so could be out of the series so we could see Johnny Mac called up.

For me the starting back row should be 6 Tschiunza, 7, Jac Morgan 8 Faletau. Who he gets to prop I have no idea. Can't see many changes behind - who is there. Bench I would bring in Blacker to replace Hardy who is going backwards at an alarming rate. 

Finally what a player that Ardie Savea is - he carries like a bull with a frame similar to Tipurics. His engine is enormous and he took on the Welsh forwards at every turn gaining metres post contact. Superb player. 

Don't agree on Tomkins, but as usual GPR is pretty much spot on.
Selecting players, with limited gametime is a gamble, and were miles off the pace, other than that.
As I said in previous post, Ken was the exception, and he will get better with more game time.
The problem we have though, and I am not excusing some bizarre selections by Pivac, is the absolute
chronic shortage of quality front 5 forwards. 
This is illustrated about our woes here at Scarlets, when a short time ago we had a (fully fit samson Lee, ken, Wyn Jones/rob Evans (at his best) and behind them Jake Ball.
now Wyn is continually injured, Samson finished I fear due to injury, Rob, a shadow of his former self, and Jake playing abroad.
Of those who played yesterday, Thomas looked unfit and not ready, Smith out of his depth, Dylan Lewis scrummaging has never been great, and AWJ, looks a pale imitation of the man he was. Beard is a limited player, leaving Rowlands and Ken to shoulder a huge proportion of work.
The is frightening thing, is that there is not much back-up.
Rhys Carre is a big physical guy, but Pivac seems to have reservations about his fitness.
I have never been a fan of Carre, due to his scrummaging, but he can do no worse than those yesterday. Another out of favour is Moriaty. He can be a pen machine, BUT always shows a lot of dog, and we needed that yesterday, and Lydiate certainly would have tackled.

We are clutching at straws here. There are fundamental flaws in Welsh rugby, due to what's happening at top level week in week out. You cannot expect people just to turn up, as GPR has mentioned above, and all of a sudden, be "different players "on the international stage. Below this, there are also serious issue that WRU needs to address at grass roots level, otherwise, we will keep sliding backwards. 

Argentina, an improving side under Cheika, beat England today at Twickers.
As shock...? No not at all, and they will bear Wales handsomely next week too.
Georgia is the only win we may get this Autumn and the 6N looks daunting ATM.
Things can change and hopefully with more time together, and injured players return, we will improve. But it is papering over the cracks!

I stood yer on tanner bank
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 6:47pm
Reffel is a really good player but wow was he rubbish yday
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 7:42pm

Shameful stuff. 

Disgraceful really.

Luckily it’s an isolated incident. I feel safer at a rugby game than a football game. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 7:51pm
Pivac is sadly reknown for bizarre selections, priestland at 10 is really a sad selection, nice fella, but its time for the new blood...its not just his age .hes not even first choice at cardiff....evans and sheedy are the form 10s and the scarlets 10

tipuric on blindside was a strange choice too, tomos was totally schooled, the pack out thought, outfought, the abs were more physical, more organized, more composed...our boys looked sad, jaded, robotic, do they even enjoy playing?

Id have had jmac at 15 
Beyond that theres not a great deal of depth in many positions....
Pivac simply doesnt have the credentials of gats and edwards....If we lose against argentina, aussie and georgia, it may be time for a clearout...But its way deeper than pivac

The real question is what the hell has gone wrong with the regional/academy talent belt?
If 2010/11 crop was a golden era of talent, this decade is looking like a lost generation

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Shameful stuff. 

Disgraceful really.

Luckily it’s an isolated incident. I feel safer at a rugby game than a football game. 

Theres been a few incidents in recent times in the principality , football has stopped selling booze during games....The endless march back and forth to bars and toilets has ruined the experience of many fans in cardiff
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 7:56pm
A win last Saturday would have hidden over a whole host of issues....I would bet that 90% of the crowd Saturday would have had any idea of the issues in wish rugby
Maybe only small crowds turning up for international matches and the Loss of income will force a change...
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 8:00pm

A win last Saturday would have hidden over a whole host of issues....I would bet that 90% of the crowd Saturday would have had any idea of the issues in wish rugby
Maybe only small crowds turning up for international matches and the Loss of income will force a change...

Sadly the only change will be less funding of the Regions.
Keep the faith
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I agree, however I personally think Rugby is slowly but steadily (at least at the Principality) moving towards football. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Sadly the only change will be less funding of the Regions.

maybe the wru dont actually want regional success. Imagine the terror in their hearts if we saw regional profits, big crowds and silverware? Far better keep us small and struggling and subservient to their handouts (most of which actually belong to us in the first place lol)
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2022 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

Absolute rubbish from Wales.

The cheek of the WRU to charge 70 odd quid a for a ticket to watch that against a team we haven't beaten for 70 years 

The true fans have spoken as the majority there today were either corporate types or just there for the Instagram likes. The atmosphere was dead.

The whole system is rotten from top to bottom, and there's still far too much arrogance within the Welsh game to put it right.

What the hell some of these development officers do god only knows.

The nepotism, the tribal jealousy, the blazer wearing committee men, its all toxic and it shows.

I'm sick to the teeth hearing the all blacks say they love coming to Cardiff to play, they should be dreading it ffs 

Here's to another century of failure 

Steady on jezza old boy, its only been 69 years, the wru are in the middle of a 100 year development plan, by the end of it that , they MAY actually fund pro rugby properly , but dont hold your breath...
Great to have your home truths back on board old chap Clap
sir duckling tuft
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic