Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

50th Anniversary Dinner of 9-3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 50th Anniversary Dinner of 9-3
    Posted: 04 November 2022 at 12:29pm

Like to  thank  everyone for the organisation of the fantastic event last night!!! Clap

Absolutely fantastic tribute!!! and a truly memorable night!!! πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡·πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡·πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡·
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2022 at 1:51pm
Well done to all concered glad everyone enjoyedClapClap
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2022 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Like to  thank  everyone for the organisation of the fantastic event last night!!! Clap

Absolutely fantastic tribute!!! and a truly memorable night!!! πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡·πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡·πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡·

Amazing stuff Mary. Wonderful!
I stood yer on tanner bank
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 5:44pm
Watching Wales ship 50 pts today...for me highlights yet again that Scarlet side who were stamped on studded and punched by endless NZ thuggery and stuff...just shows that 15 were something else ...truly the achievement is timeless and perhaps for me deserved ....it takes something special to beat a NZ 15.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 6:10pm
The saddest bit is that it will never happen again.... Yes we should be celebrating what was achieved bit on the other hand is that is just a memory for the old foggies.... The youngsters have nothing to identify with other than failure.. So sad
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

The saddest bit is that it will never happen again.... Yes we should be celebrating what was achieved bit on the other hand is that is just a memory for the old foggies.... The youngsters have nothing to identify with other than failure.. So sad
Too true, although how about a 60th anniversary do?

I guess the β€œwon’t happen again” thing is because touring sides are in and out without any club fixtures on the programme, except where the dosh persuades.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Never say never to another smaller event but Delme for example,is already over 80 and the others are well into their their 70’s and any fans  under say 60 today will have no idea about the game. It’s time to create a new history  under professional rugby for the younger generation by winning titles like Leinster. It could be a long wait .

Edited by reesytheexile - 05 November 2022 at 6:44pm
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 6:45pm
Great sentiment but determination only goes so far , with so many  factions going against you 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Pimp Does Mark have an alto ego as β€œMary ?” πŸ˜‚ (sorry .. I realise it’s just a typo but it tickled my fancy as Benny Hill might have said πŸ˜‰)
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 6:49pm
Iesu Ermm
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Pimp Does Mark have an alto ego as β€œMary ?” πŸ˜‚ (sorry .. I realise it’s just a typo but it tickled my fancy as Benny Hill might have said πŸ˜‰)
How many times did you check your autocorrect for fancy to be as you’d typed?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

How many times did you check your autocorrect for fancy to be as you’d typed?
ha ha .. yes it’s a challenge sometimes πŸ˜‚
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 8:45pm

All my fault......
Faltering eyesight, together with hearing, and things I won't mention on here!!!
When I speak to MARK next I will ask him if he has a litle lamb !
I stood yer on tanner bank
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 8:48pm

All my fault......
Faltering eyesight, together with hearing, and things I won't mention on here!!!
When I speak to MARK next I will ask him if he has a litle lamb !
Most fitting!

Humour and humility go well hand in hand. ClapClapClap
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 9:09pm
Iesu Disapprove
Superscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 9:51pm
Apart from Ken, our Scarlets contingent were left wanting today! Our current players are not a patch on the players past Cry. Hardy doesn't deserve to be an international yet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic