Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Harri Doel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 10:04pm

ALSO very well coached ... Llanelli RFC three wins in two season and still desperate for a quality lock ... Very, very sad times . 
Sponsored Links

OwainLlanedi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OwainLlanedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 10:05pm
It was a failure to lose him in the first place - a typical failure of our rugby management team - good we’ve struck it lucky to have him back in the fold. I thought he was a clear cut above in tonight’s match. 
"Er gwaetha pob Dic Siôn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 10:13pm
Llanelli didn't have a back 3 player anywhere near him tonight and I doubt whether Steff Evans comes close for the Scarlets either, however without a pack that's capable of doing the basics and going forward with quick ball he's unlikely to thrive.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 10:26pm
Harri Doel was electric, caused trouble with and without the ball. We do badly need genuine, rapid pace.
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Harri Doel was electric, caused trouble with and without the ball. We do badly need genuine, rapid pace.

Agree Tony. He needs to be in scarlets frame, sooner than later.  very Quick
Regarding the game, a glance at the sides would tell u Llandovery have experience throughout.
In contrast Llanelli side was generally full of academy players. It says both clubs, different priorities.
The problem at Llanelli, and it has been for several seasons, the balance is wrong. You need far more experienced quality players to help the youngsters grow.

The whole thing is badly managed 
I stood yer on tanner bank
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 2:53am
If Scarlets want to make Llanelli RFC a place for academy players to get time that’s fine, if it sacrifices results but builds towards bigger things, then that can be their prerogative. Cardiff RFC for me is the model we should emulate. Some kids, some experience.

The drovers looked a good unit, well coached and very tight. Warren and Doel caused all sorts of trouble out wide. Chased every kick. We let Harri slip through once, and have been given a second chance, hope we take it!
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 11:03am
Chasing kicks and placing the kicks where they can be reached by our chasers, to put pressure on the opposition, is another skill that seems to have been neglected by the Scarlets/LLanelli but not, apparently, the teams that we play against!!
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 11:16am
No point in getting excited about Doel, Dwayne will never pick him, he doesn’t give youth a chance. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at the Ospreys. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 11:22am
Surely that should be a question for the next Q & A event. "It's great to see Harri Doel returning to West Wales albeit with Llandovery, do you plan on getting him involved with the regional set up."
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 11:22am
Apart from Costelow, Rogers, O'Connor, Roberts, Carwyn (when he's been fit), Rees, Price, Shenton in league games and Giannini, Salmon, Eddie, Harri Williams, Archie, Morgan Jones and Mathias here and there.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

No point in getting excited about Doel, Dwayne will never pick him, he doesn’t give youth a chance. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at the Ospreys. 
No offence but this is nonsense. He’s selected Conbeer, Roberts, Costelow, Steff Thomas, Mathias, Jac Price, Carwyn T and others. Dwayne is big on giving young local players an opportunity. He wants the club to be built on that.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

If Scarlets want to make Llanelli RFC a place for academy players to get time that’s fine, if it sacrifices results but builds towards bigger things, then that can be their prerogative. Cardiff RFC for me is the model we should emulate. Some kids, some experience.

The drovers looked a good unit, well coached and very tight. Warren and Doel caused all sorts of trouble out wide. Chased every kick. We let Harri slip through once, and have been given a second chance, hope we take it!

summed up perfectly! thanks
I stood yer on tanner bank
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

No offence but this is nonsense. He’s selected Conbeer, Roberts, Costelow, Steff Thomas, Mathias, Jac Price, Carwyn T and others. Dwayne is big on giving young local players an opportunity. He wants the club to be built on that.
It’s not nonsense this season he has picked ageing side all season despite form Conbeer been given one half at his preferred position, And most if not all of the players you mention were in squad before Dwayne came in. He has had to pick some of them because of injuries but I guarantee if all were fit you would see an ageing first team picked by Dwayne form or no form. 
He’s having easy ride because he local boy. I want him to succeed more than anyone but I’m not that impressed so far. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 3:12pm

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

It’s not nonsense this season he has picked ageing side all season despite form Conbeer been given one half at his preferred position, And most if not all of the players you mention were in squad before Dwayne came in. He has had to pick some of them because of injuries but I guarantee if all were fit you would see an ageing first team picked by Dwayne form or no form. 
He’s having easy ride because he local boy. I want him to succeed more than anyone but I’m not that impressed so far. 
Conbeer is a wing and every game he’s played this season has been on the wing. I’m sorry but Dwayne is all for giving young players an opportunity. That’s what he wants the club to be built on. Fair enough if you want to criticise his tactics and lack of experience but saying he ignores youth is not a valid criticism because it isn’t true

Edited by scarletnut - 11 November 2022 at 3:13pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Boisbach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boisbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Top team with large budget reputed to be about £200k. Got senior ex Rfc players Ioan Hughes ( Staffs brother) at 10 and seasoned Jack Maynard as well at 15  plus Adam Warren and Aaron Warren and Hari Doel now .. plus plus … Their pack looks seasoned and mature as well. A strong settled team. We were well beaten tbh but we are still doing a lot better than in the past which is good but the top teams like Merthyr Aberavon Cardiff and Drovers are a league and I suspect player budget apart from the Rfc . Carwyn on poor ball wasn’t great but he did his 55 minutes. 

Agree, plus you can add RGC to the large budget clubs alongside Cardiff, Llandovery, Merthyr and Aberavon.  
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 5:22pm
Is that what llandovery spending on a squad two hundred grand 

Nor surprised at Cardiff,Merthyr, Newport, Aberavon, RGC  as they have backers behind them 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic