Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Womens world cup final

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Womens world cup final
    Posted: 12 November 2022 at 1:34pm
What a great match great occasion
England battled to the end with 14 players on the pitch, the all black ferns played some typically brilliant all blacks rugby and some great tries
It underlines again that new zealand has the best structure systems in place in all forms of rugby
such an occasion is great for womens rugby and rugby in general. The crowds and tv revenues will hopefully grow which will help womens pro rugby become self financing

sir duckling tuft
Sponsored Links

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 3:37pm
I watched both games , brilliant occasion ..but my only complaint is that they didn't swap jerseys at the end Wink
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

I watched both games , brilliant occasion ..but my only complaint is that they didn't swap jerseys at the end Wink
A casual reader, who felt so inclined, might take offence at this sexist comment.

The seasoned reader of the reborn fragrant one, or disciple of Kim Wrong’un, the eminent NK leg spinner, would understand and be prepared to testify that it’s his pursuit of puns that can obscure his equal opportunities credo.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 8:02pm
You could have just said that I'm a nipple manBig smile
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 9:51pm
Agree with Sir Duckling...it was a Great occasion.
As Wales have have had a ,hammering  recently  from both NZ  & Eng, was intrested to see how they matched up.
Some of my daughters Worcester teammates were lining up here, and even though I was praying the Ferns free-flowing style would prevail over the "up the jumper" style of red roses..was sad to see Lydia Thompson sent off.
She is a lovely girl, very modest,  and a terrific talent.
It was a red card clearly,,but the desperation of getting across at speed led to prevent a try led to that challenge.  Hope is OK, but it certainly  affected the outcome  of the game.

There was more error in this game, and NZ would have been disappointed with their exits following  a restart.There was also strange decision not to challenge  line-outs , until bizarrely at the end
Eng ,for their part made more unforced errors that in any gameI have see,
This however was a World final, and that's what pressure does.
This final, and the intensity with which it was played, just showcased the whole of the women's game, which is coming on leaps and bounds. Even in this tough economic climate,more unions will see the benefits of putting money into  the women's game ..SO WE ALL AS A RUGBY FAMILY , CAN EMBRACE EVERYONE,and move forward positively  to spead the appeal of our wonderful  game!

Finally, just looking at both teams out there today,  I thought of all the parents and families  of those players looking on proudly.
The hardwork,  ,the sacrifices, which until recently,  were unrewarded, other than the absolute  privilege of playing for your counrty and pulling on the jersey.
My flipped back to a local rugby club, junior section game on a Sunday  morning., where all the future stars are made.
I was the coach of one of these teams, and my daughter was playing.
She's now an international,  and its difficult  not to  be emotional, particularly,  as she was written off yesterday the last coach.

As a teacher I bent over backwards  to give everyone the maximum opportunity,  and frequent  was rewarded.

Those girls celebrating  today certainly  rewarded us..so can I say to all the girls (both teams) a huge THANK YOU, not just for the entertainment, but for putting women's rugby on  the  map.

I stood yer on tanner bank
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 4:27am
Really enjoyed the tournament.

Post match interviews saying things along the lines of ‘ we hope that puts women's rugby on the map’ can stop now surely.

It’s here and the game is much better for it.

Edited by Wil Chips - 13 November 2022 at 4:27am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Really enjoyed the tournament.

Post match interviews saying things along the lines of ‘ we hope that puts women's rugby on the map’ can stop now surely.

It’s here and the game is much better for it.

Well said Pimp. A breath of fresh air and wonderful attacking intent shown by NZ. You are right Wil they are on the map big time. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic