Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prince of Wales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prince of Wales
    Posted: 15 November 2022 at 11:28am
Interesting that today the Prince of Wales took time out to present the Engerland players with well wishes in Birmingham , when objectively he should have been in Cardiff doing this to the Welsh football side ..

I know he has had the title thrust apon him , obviously to his distain but wouldn't it be better for all parties if the title was removed and he cut ties with the Welsh Rugby union also ...

The title historically was of control and a veiled insult , but I do believe that in the current world the guy should just be left to be English and not pretend to be something he's not happy and comfortable in being
Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2022 at 8:08pm
He is president of the FA, not the FAW
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2022 at 8:47pm
So what, he's also the Prince of Wales, not engerland... We have a Prince thrust apon us and now the guy is going to support our biggest rivals in a head to head match....I wonder if any Arab princess supported the opposition I'm sure they're head would be on a plate.... Its on the world stage and I know what the rest of the world will say.... Embarrassing for all.... He should just relinquish the role, because we don't need a Prince and the original usage of it was for control and insult to a beaten nation...
It's about time people some up and realised the world is changing, and this outlook is one of the reasons why young people are supporting football and not rugby

Rugby had to get is house in order in so many ways... Politics is now a major part why young people support or ignore entities
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2022 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

So what, he's also the Prince of Wales, not engerland... We have a Prince thrust apon us and now the guy is going to support our biggest rivals in a head to head match....I wonder if any Arab princess supported the opposition I'm sure they're head would be on a plate.... Its on the world stage and I know what the rest of the world will say.... Embarrassing for all.... He should just relinquish the role, because we don't need a Prince and the original usage of it was for control and insult to a beaten nation...
It's about time people some up and realised the world is changing, and this outlook is one of the reasons why young people are supporting football and not rugby

Rugby had to get is house in order in so many ways... Politics is now a major part why young people support or ignore entities
Agree 👍 ( even though you are bravely - some may say recklessly-putting your personal ambitions of a Knighthood at risk as I suspect “Wills” reads this forum 😁)
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 12:45am
I'm happy with my thumb's up from my NK human diety... That's our ammanford friend to sleep, like whiskey on a babies dummyWink
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 5:11am
I understand he's brought up an England football fan, but as Prince of WALES, the very least he should do is actively support both home nations and present the welsh jerseys too. Its kind of pathetic he cant muster the motivation..Even the investiture is off, Im pretty sure he knows it would get a very luke warm reception. If his heart isnt in it, then hand the title to someone with more passion for Wales. Id rather get some of the remaining boys of 58 involved,  maybe dafydd iawn and michael sheen  too

Edited by Sir Duckling Tuft - 17 November 2022 at 5:13am
sir duckling tuft
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 7:08am

I'm happy with my thumb's up from my NK human diety... That's our ammanford friend to sleep, like whiskey on a babies dummyWink

Your Ok there Mike I was gone hours ago. Lark me not owl.LOL
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 8:39am
He is engkish course he will support england, chill out people. Get a legend of welsh football to give our jerseys or bettet still speed’s widow or kids

Edited by RR1972 - 17 November 2022 at 8:41am
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 9:55am
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

He is president of the FA, not the FAW

All the royals are presidents of FA. Their titles and role are arbitrary and symbolic. I.e. meaningless.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

I understand he's brought up an England football fan, but as Prince of WALES, the very least he should do is actively support both home nations

If you Google his name and wales football you’ll see this is what he said he’s doing lol

I wonder if any Arab princess supported the opposition I'm sure they're head would be on a plate....

I think a cold lager and a 2mins of fact checking on Google would be a suitable alternative to calling for his head 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 11:17am
I didn't call for his head, I said that Arab princes who changed allegiance were be headed out they ran away... No beer needed my friend just facts.. Nice attempt at a twist 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 12:52pm

I didn't call for his head, I said that Arab princes who changed allegiance were be headed out they ran away... No beer needed my friend just facts.. Nice attempt at a twist 

TouchĂ© . You certainly “headed off “ that point 😁
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 2:34pm
Ha Wink
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 7:00pm

If the NK controllers read this, they might be enforcing a long absence on this forum for our very dear Oracle.

Implying that he’s fat probably wouldn’t be best received. Big smile
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 11:58pm
The official line here is ..he's not fat ..he's big boned Cool
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2022 at 9:01am
I really think william should appreciate the fact he is the Prince of wales and showing some support to his adopted country for their first world cup in 64 years is hardly a big cross to bear. If he cant even don a scarf and hand out a few red football kits, then really what use is he?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic