Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team versus Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team versus Australia
    Posted: 20 November 2022 at 9:15am
With English based players returning to their clubs selection will be narrowed somewhat. I expect something along the lines of :-

15. Halfers 14. Adams 13. North 12. Watkin 11. Dyer 10. Anscombe 9. Tomos
1. Gareth Thomas 2. Ken 3. Francis 4. Beard 5. AWJ 6. Morgan 7. Tipuric 8. Faletau

16. Elias 17. Smith 18. Lewis 19. Carter 20. McLoud 21. Hardy 22. Priestland 23. Hawkins
Sponsored Links

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 9:34am
Really inspiring.  Shows where we are as a developing team.Dead
Keep the faith
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 9:37am
Might as well experiment. Cant do much worse than yesterday

15 Halfpenny
14 Adams
13 Watkins
12 Hawkins
11 Dyer
10 Costellow
9 Hardy
1 Smith
2 Elias
3 Francis
4 Carter
5 AWJ
6 Mcloed
7 Morgan
8 Faletau

16 Ken
17 thomas
18 oconner
19 anyone but Beard
20 Tipuric (only because theres no-one else left in the squad)
21 Blacker
22 Anscombe
23 North
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 11:10am
Is anyone else losing interest in Welsh rugby in general? That’s regional rugby and the national team? It doesn’t help that the union is run by clowns who still think it’s the amateur days. Phillips/Pivac have to be up there as the worst appointments in our history. Thankfully I have to attend a surprise birthday party next Saturday and won’t have to watch the match.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

Is anyone else losing interest in Welsh rugby in general? That’s regional rugby and the national team? It doesn’t help that the union is run by clowns who still think it’s the amateur days. Phillips/Pivac have to be up there as the worst appointments in our history. Thankfully I have to attend a surprise birthday party next Saturday and won’t have to watch the match.
Totally lost interest and if wales football has a good world cup we will lose a generation of fans because of what they see as an united front from players management and the governing body something that is a million miles away in rugby 
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 2:15pm
Is Halfpenny going to be fit next to week

Yes I think people  are losing interest in  Welsh rugby started when WRU bought in regions lot of people walked away including benefactors 

Only have to look at crowds for the four regions to see support is going down

I am a scarlet supporter and makes me sad our regions playing in front of Half empty stadiums when years ago going down to stradey watching Llanelli playing likes of pontypool Swansea neath in front of packed grounds 

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 5:26pm
Half empty? We wish.
Kentexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 7:20pm
There are some rose tinted spectacles I rememberer plenty of games against Swansea in the 70s 80s and 90 s both at Stradey and St Helens when I doubt we would have hit 3000.
And when English teams came calling pre leagues then except for Bath Bristol Gloucester and sometimes Leicester you could count visiting supporters in mid double figures.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Might as well experiment. Cant do much worse than yesterday

15 Halfpenny
14 Adams
13 Watkins
12 Hawkins
11 Dyer
10 Costellow
9 Hardy
1 Smith
2 Elias
3 Francis
4 Carter
5 AWJ
6 Mcloed
7 Morgan
8 Faletau

16 Ken
17 thomas
18 oconner
19 anyone but Beard
20 Tipuric (only because theres no-one else left in the squad)
21 Blacker
22 Anscombe
23 North
tupric wil play he is our only line out option at mo
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Is Halfpenny going to be fit next to week

Yes I think people  are losing interest in  Welsh rugby started when WRU bought in regions lot of people walked away including benefactors 

Only have to look at crowds for the four regions to see support is going down

I am a scarlet supporter and makes me sad our regions playing in front of Half empty stadiums when years ago going down to stradey watching Llanelli playing likes of pontypool Swansea neath in front of packed grounds 

I would like to just point out that in the so called good old days, we didn't sell out the ground every home game... Yes there were some big crowds but there were plenty of below 500 supporter games...
The regions would call in crowds of 8 or 9 thousand if the sides were successful... People have loads of different options as to what to do with their spare time and continually following failure is not one of them... If We want big crowds we need the wru to back us fully and work with the regions and not against them.
We have a much better stadium than stradey ever was, we play in a much better league with world class opposition, but none of that matters of if we don't start winning.... These are the facts and the last thing we need to do is wishing for yester year as if it was better, we need to be sorting out the next 50 years
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 7:42pm
That’s correct, fans will turn up and support sides who are successful and play a nice brand of rugby.  Look at our gates in the 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 seasons, a lot of matches at home where we saw 7000 plus, including a few sell out crowds as well.
The way we are playing at the moment we are struggling to encourage season ticket holders to turn up and watch us.
The Ospreys during the galacticos era also had good crowds.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 8:02pm
Rugby has gone rubbish so people are watching football because they're in the World Cup. To be honest I'd rather watch a rubbish Wales rugby team than a minute of that boring rubbish. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 8:31pm
Can't argue with you sa 

Edited by SA14 - 21 November 2022 at 1:55pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 7:35am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Rugby has gone rubbish so people are watching football because they're in the World Cup. To be honest I'd rather watch a rubbish Wales rugby team than a minute of that boring rubbish. 

I share that view but we both may be missing the main point - for the future of rugby we need to inspire supporters to pay their money in larger numbers and even more importantly we need to inspire the next generation of players. Football, at the moment, is showing that they are way ahead of the WRU in forward thinking about their sport. Just look at Robert Page announcing his squad at his local working men's club in the Rhondda Valley - pure gold.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 9:57am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I share that view but we both may be missing the main point - for the future of rugby we need to inspire supporters to pay their money in larger numbers and even more importantly we need to inspire the next generation of players. Football, at the moment, is showing that they are way ahead of the WRU in forward thinking about their sport. Just look at Robert Page announcing his squad at his local working men's club in the Rhondda Valley - pure gold.

That forward thinking comes from taking the bould decision to appoint a CEO from outside of the organisation and then supporting and backing his decision to the hilt.
That will never happy in welsh rugby due to the archaic nature of the game and the way it’s governed.
Lincscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lincscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 10:48am
There's no point trying to predict a team, we all know Pivac will just bring out a dartboard on wednesday to select the team and add his lottery numbers to make up the bench.

I was bemused by a lot of his selections for the initial squad, but at this point nothing surprises me.  Expect Thomas Young to be called this week as cover for 15.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic