Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welsh labour?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welsh labour?
    Posted: 03 February 2023 at 4:57pm
What the heck have they done for wales since the inception of the WAG?
They used to be a legendary party , redistributing wealth from the rich to the poor, creating the NHS etc 
Now what do they do? What are the results of their policies? What have they achieved in 25 years? How do they get away with it without scrutiny?

Drugs rife
job centres shut
Lowest GDP per head in UK
Town centres fallen to pieces, excessive car parking fees. Yet free parking in out of town shopping zones where land is often gifted free to these massive retailers who then wipe out all the small shops. Why do they allow this?
Rising council taxes
Endless problems at GP practices
No help for the industries
NHS wales the worst its ever been, longest ever waiting lists
Not even an A and E in Llanelli
Roads an absolute disgrace, potholes everywhere, speed bumps too big in many cases and every 30 yards in many roads damaging cars and ironically the stop starting creates greater emissions 
No support to sme's as rates rise and footfall collapses
Our national sport the teams are bankrupt
The lowest GDP per head in the whole of the UK
Rapidly rising council license fees for business
Few and fewer refuge collections
Police stations closed
ONLY 1 airport run by the govt where prices are so high as the WAG dont have a clue how to run an airport, no one uses it any goes to bristol or heathrow instead
Old people neglected in care homes
Endless public wasted money
Public land sold cheap
No proper road between north and south wales

But we do have endless cycle paths, road works 

Yipeee

Before anyone distracts to oh the tories are worse. We all know that. My point is what the heck has the labour party done for wales

They love gimmicks and identity politics and things that appear helpful on the surface but in reality their policies since the WAG opened have made our society worse..It really shouldnt be this hard to run such a small country efficiently

We either need a new party for the masses or plaed to seriously get their act together and fight to help the silent working majority

Edited by Sir Duckling Tuft - 03 February 2023 at 5:01pm
sir duckling tuft
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 5:40pm
Heaven knows I think Welsh Labour could do better but nearly every sentence there could have been lifted word for word from a Wales Online comments section or Andrew RT Davies Twitter thread. There's a definite feel to the narrative being spun there and I don't think it's unbiased. Of course our opinions aren't unbiased and I don't expect that they should be, but that there is a particularly common refrain on social media - a kind of "received wisdom" if you like. By which I mean people who have good reason to be dissatisfied with the state of things see the speck but miss the honking great big elephant in the room. Welsh Labour simply are not in sufficient possession of political power to be guilty of what they are accused. Follow the breadcrumbs ... they lead to Westminster.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 5:41pm
Well pointed out , often forgotten 
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Heaven knows I think Welsh Labour could do better but nearly every sentence there could have been lifted word for word from a Wales Online comments section or Andrew RT Davies Twitter thread. There's a definite feel to the narrative being spun there and I don't think it's unbiased. Of course our opinions aren't unbiased and I don't expect that they should be, but that there is a particularly common refrain on social media - a kind of "received wisdom" if you like. By which I mean people who have good reason to be dissatisfied with the state of things see the speck but miss the honking great big elephant in the room. Welsh Labour simply are not in sufficient possession of political power to be guilty of what they are accused. Follow the breadcrumbs ... they lead to Westminster.

Of course the tories in westminster are primarily to blame for the mess the UK and wales is in
I wouldnt vote for them if it was the end of the world

But my question is what has welsh labour done to make our lives better?

Attack the messenger ignore the message, classic deflection. Daily mail to blame too? 

sir duckling tuft
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

They used to be a legendary party , redistributing wealth from the rich to the poor, creating the NHS etc 
Now what do they do? What are the results of their policies? What have they achieved in 25 years? How do they get away with it without scrutiny?

Drugs rife
job centres shut
Town centres fallen to pieces, excessive car parking fees. Yet free parking in out of town shopping zones where land is often gifted free to these massive retailers who then wipe out all the small shops. Why do they allow this?
Rising council taxes
Roads an absolute disgrace, potholes everywhere, speed bumps too big in many cases and every 30 yards in many roads damaging cars and ironically the stop starting creates greater emissions 
Police stations closed
ONLY 1 airport run by the govt where prices are so high as the WAG dont have a clue how to run an airport, no one uses it any goes to bristol or heathrow instead
Public land sold cheap

Yipeee

Before anyone distracts to oh the tories are worse. We all know that. My point is what the heck has the labour party done for wales

They love gimmicks and identity politics and things that appear helpful on the surface but in reality their policies since the WAG opened have made our society worse..It really shouldnt be this hard to run such a small country efficiently

We either need a new party for the masses or plaed to seriously get their act together and fight to help the silent working majority

You failed to mention that we benefit from the HS2  project.(according to Westminster)  which the WAG have accepted and given up the fight on. Ouch

Edited by greypower1 - 03 February 2023 at 6:03pm
Keep the faith
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 6:19pm

Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Of course the tories in westminster are primarily to blame for the mess the UK and wales is in
I wouldnt vote for them if it was the end of the world

But my question is what has welsh labour done to make our lives better?

Attack the messenger ignore the message, classic deflection. Daily mail to blame too? 

Yeah, keep regurgitating that narrative. I'm just your woke enemy Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 6:27pm
Milli View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Milli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 6:37pm
I am old enough to realise Wales has gone to the dogs ever since the Tory Party came to power. We didnt have to wait three weeks to see a GP, we didnt have refuge bags being collected once a fortnight, Police stations being closed down, youth clubs shut, community centres closed down i could go on and on.  At the end of the day its Tory Austerity that has destroyed the fabric of society, not only in Wales, but across the UK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 7:19pm
Im glad to stoke up some debate tbh Im quite aware they destroyed wales the industries the communities, flooded the mines we could be here forever ...Nw this lot in westminster are finsihing the job

It does however infuriate me too that welsh labour somehow get a free pass from their failings. There is no doubt people are intimidated in wales to not criticize labour and simply get shouted down as tories

sir duckling tuft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2023 at 5:34pm
I see that erw las a main road connecting llwynhendy to bynea is now being shut permanently ? This will create absolute chaos in llwynhendy
sir duckling tuft
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2023 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Milli Milli wrote:

I am old enough to realise Wales has gone to the dogs ever since the Tory Party came to power. We didnt have to wait three weeks to see a GP, we didnt have refuge bags being collected once a fortnight, Police stations being closed down, youth clubs shut, community centres closed down i could go on and on.  At the end of the day its Tory Austerity that has destroyed the fabric of society, not only in Wales, but across the UK
torys are useless however welsh labour been in power here for years helped make wales worse not better, drakeford one of the worst culprits
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2023 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Milli Milli wrote:

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2023 at 1:09am

Drugs rife
job centres shut
Rising council taxes
Police stations closed
Public land sold cheap

Yipeee

sir duckling is justified to have a rant, although I have given up ranting , as I am now used to losing.
The fabric of our society has changed, it is true..all WAG fault..lets examine .
Drugs Rife - (its the same all over uk, if not the world)
Job centres shut-(open in Llanelli)
Lowest GDP inn UK- (just look at social deprivation caused by national government policy)
Town centres-( out of town shopping ie Trostre the brainchild of local government..sadly )
Rising council tax( Carmarthenshire rise very small)
Problems at GP surgeries ( problem complex, some fund holders, some run by health board, all affected by extra demand of ageing population in wales and under investment)
No help with industries-(WAG has an active policy of assisting business in wales)
NHS Wales worst its ever been(agreed , after 13 years of Tories)
No A& E in Llanelli ( this decision was made by health board)
Roads a disgrace ..etc-( do you realise Sir Duckling that Gorge Osborne slashed the rate support grant for local gov)
National sport _( ( just have a hard look at WRU, and the mess they have made of governance)

not finishing the endless list.

Totalybiasedscarlet, has made the point eloquently, that WAG, clearly has made mistakes , things it can do better, but at the end of the day its budget is set by Westminster.
Devolved health and education budgets are run by WAG, but there is only so much cake you can divide.
Wales issues go back years to the closure of heavy industry, in wales , when we as an economy were totally dependent upon it. Thatcher saw to that.
Nothing replaced, no jobs, no investment , no hope !Social deprivation pockets, some of the worst in Europe
Little has changed, as inward investment in green tech , yet to happen !!
UK gov said NO to the Swansea bay scheme, as just one example.

What has replaced jobs and prosperity? Social deprivation, and an increasing reliance on benefits,.
An ageing population, adversely affected by the above, now struggling with a high degree of ill health
putting a huge pressure on the health service, both hospitals and GP surgeries.

When WAG, and other devolved governments in Scot and NI, have their  budgets SLASHED by Cameron & Osborne, during austerity... What the hell do you expect ?
This is on top ,as already mentioned, of local gov, having rate support grant slashed.
Nothing much has changed under May, Johnson, Truss and Sunak.

Apart from that the Barnett formula, on how devolved admiration receives its funding, has now clearly become not fit for purpose.
Until Wales has a better way of ensuring that the challenges that have changed the face of this country, don't disadvantage it , NO GOVERNMENT of whatever political persuasion, stands a chance of really putting right the wrongs that affect a changing society , that is the Wales we see today.
This is a country struggling to cope with the situation many of us find yourselves in.
We need a clear vision for the future, and only national has the clout to do that , so great is the challenge .
We need to harness the natural resources t here in wales,  build and renew energy for the future.
We need to work with farmers to build a sustainable future and we need to support and invest in small business, that buy and employ local
We need to improve our infrastructure, to ensure that inward investment is permanent , not fleeting.
We need to ensure the current industries like steelmaking are supported in every way possible.

These are some of the things that WAG can do, but only with the will and determination of nat gov.
If much of the above does not happen, then the schism fault lines, already evident in UK unity will again be very much under scrutiny, and a " confederation of states", will possibly  be the future of the UK.
We will wait and see.

I stood yer on tanner bank
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2023 at 3:39pm
Their landlord rules are crazy....endless bash the landlord not a single word about tenant responsibilities 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2023 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Drugs rife
job centres shut
Rising council taxes
Police stations closed
Public land sold cheap

Yipeee

sir duckling is justified to have a rant, although I have given up ranting , as I am now used to losing.
The fabric of our society has changed, it is true..all WAG fault..lets examine .
Lowest GDP inn UK- (just look at social deprivation caused by national government policy)
Town centres-( out of town shopping ie Trostre the brainchild of local government..sadly )
Problems at GP surgeries ( problem complex, some fund holders, some run by health board, all affected by extra demand of ageing population in wales and under investment)
No help with industries-(WAG has an active policy of assisting business in wales)
Roads a disgrace ..etc-( do you realise Sir Duckling that Gorge Osborne slashed the rate support grant for local gov)
National sport _( ( just have a hard look at WRU, and the mess they have made of governance)

Totalybiasedscarlet, has made the point eloquently, that WAG, clearly has made mistakes , things it can do better, but at the end of the day its budget is set by Westminster.
Devolved health and education budgets are run by WAG, but there is only so much cake you can divide.
Wales issues go back years to the closure of heavy industry, in wales , when we as an economy were totally dependent upon it. Thatcher saw to that.
Nothing replaced, no jobs, no investment , no hope !Social deprivation pockets, some of the worst in Europe

What has replaced jobs and prosperity? Social deprivation, and an increasing reliance on benefits,.
An ageing population, adversely affected by the above, now struggling with a high degree of ill health

When WAG, and other devolved governments in Scot and NI, have their  budgets SLASHED by Cameron & Osborne, during austerity... What the hell do you expect ?
This is on top ,as already mentioned, of local gov, having rate support grant slashed.

Apart from that the Barnett formula, on how devolved admiration receives its funding, has now clearly become not fit for purpose.
Until Wales has a better way of ensuring that the challenges that have changed the face of this country, don't disadvantage it , NO GOVERNMENT of whatever political persuasion, stands a chance of really putting right the wrongs that affect a changing society , that is the Wales we see today.
This is a country struggling to cope with the situation many of us find yourselves in.
We need a clear vision for the future, and only national has the clout to do that , so great is the challenge .
We need to harness the natural resources t here in wales,  build and renew energy for the future.
We need to work with farmers to build a sustainable future and we need to support and invest in small business, that buy and employ local
We need to improve our infrastructure, to ensure that inward investment is permanent , not fleeting.
We need to ensure the current industries like steelmaking are supported in every way possible.

These are some of the things that WAG can do, but only with the will and determination of nat gov.
If much of the above does not happen, then the schism fault lines, already evident in UK unity will again be very much under scrutiny, and a " confederation of states", will possibly  be the future of the UK.
We will wait and see.

genuine q were we any better or worst off when laboyt was in charge? So long ago i cant remember tbh. I don’t think they reopened any mines when blair was in charge? Or nationalised the steel or rail industries? To me the senedd is a waste of time and the people there are pretty clueless be they labour tory or plaid. None of them seem up to much or have any thing impressive on their cvs. Just a load of ex social workers, councillors or civil servants.  Drakeford davies price are all rubbish they all want to take credit for anything good that happens in wales then anything that is bad they blame on westminster, it’s a cardiff centric waste of time. We either go full indy (not my pick but if the people vote for it so be it ) or abolish the senedd but this half way house thing is a waste of time

Edited by RR1972 - 09 February 2023 at 4:41pm
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2023 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Drugs rife
job centres shut
Rising council taxes
Police stations closed
Public land sold cheap

Yipeee

We will wait and see.

genuine q were we any better or worst off when laboyt was in charge? So long ago i cant remember tbh. I don’t think they reopened any mines when blair was in charge? Or nationalised the steel or rail industries? To me the senedd is a waste of time and the people there are pretty clueless be they labour tory or plaid. None of them seem up to much or have any thing impressive on their cvs. Just a load of ex social workers, councillors or civil servants.  Drakeford davies price are all rubbish they all want to take credit for anything good that happens in wales then anything that is bad they blame on westminster, it’s a cardiff centric waste of time. We either go full indy (not my pick but if the people vote for it so be it ) or abolish the senedd but this half way house thing is a waste of time

RR1972  , normally  brilliant,  but do'nt agree this time.
The way we are going at Westminster  you could  put a bunch of monkeys  in Cardiff bay, and they would do better.
Just the way Drakeford  handled the pandemic  in comparison  to Johhson..just one example.
Apart from that , taking decisions on a more local basis, is always better.
As a former teacher , I thanked god so many times that the assembly were taking the decisions and not idiots ,like secretary  of state for education  Kenneth Baker, who 's commonsense, you could fit in to a thimble!
I have never been a nationalist, but have starting warming to the ideas proposed by totallybiasedscarlet ,just doing things differently. 
Staying the same with current Westminster  model is undemocratic,  and unworkable. Very few  countries operate  on this basis.
There are Tories in the Senedd, much as I loath them, because of the regional  list., and it reflects modern democracy. 

I stood yer on tanner bank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic