Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Energy crises

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Energy crises
    Posted: 03 February 2023 at 9:28pm
There is no energy's crisis...we are as normal being ripped off....and the British public take it up the bum.
I dont particularly like the French...but at least they protest and take action.
The only time the British public face up is facing wars ffs....you cant make it up.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 10:10pm
Britain is make believe , the United Kingdom is a lie ...the Scots are leaving , the Irish have been forgotten and slowly the Welsh are waking up from their 800 year slumber ...the south west of England want independence, the mid lands don't associate themselves as English , neither do Yorkshiremen ...London is an entity by itself ..so where is this made up land of united Kingdom .....
Regarding a war ...
It's just a matter of control , but times are changing and a lie cannot last forever ...if there was a war now , the only concensus in the country would be the right wing press telling people what they should think , because their multi billionaire backers want individuals to believes the lies as it financially suits them ...fuel crisis as you say doesn't exist , the effects of the war in eukraine are being magnified way beyond their true impact ...
If you remember the film 1984 ....people went to war against Oceania as heros , yet the same people came back as oceana prisoners caught in some made up super battle win ....in the end there was no war , but a select group of people created the scenario because it suited their argument, not just for financial gain , but more importantly control ..true control of everything....they get this by continuously lying and twisting the truth

Does it sound familiar 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 10:39pm
I remember in the aftermath of 9/11 making the argument that the invasion of Iraq was about access to oil. I'll never forgive Blair for siding with the neo-cons. I kept saying then, invest in renewables, get away from fossil fuels because the people who profit are despots, authoritarian regimes and dodgy ex-KGB wannabees like this new Putin bloke. From a geopolitical and security point of view, wasn't it all pretty transparent how dependence on fossil fuels was massively compromising? From an environmental point of view it's been known for fifty years that it's disastrous. We're so far behind where we could be, the world is warming and untold misery been inflicted through conflict. But there we are. I'm sure it's all some woke conspiracy to turn people into filthy vegan cyclists.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 11:10pm
Exactly. We don't even get our energy from Russia so why the price hikes 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 11:17pm
Because the main suppliers now have little in the way of competition now so many smaller companies have folded. As a result, despite wholesale prices coming down, they've kept their prices up. Try getting a better deal right now. None of them are budging so their customers are stuck. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2023 at 11:34pm
And the ombudsman is a joke too
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2023 at 9:38am
A lot of good points here.

I read recently that the electricity prices charged by generating companies is ALL charged at the highest price - currently that for electricity produced using gas - even though only 40% of the UK supply is made this way. So if you are producing electricity some other way, you are coining it in like there's no tomorrow! This is absurd and unfair.

We are also paying the price for some historical decisions - Cameron got rid of the 'green crap' and so is costing each household at least £150pa on average. Great forward thinking, that!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2023 at 10:31am
I was going to post this on the "we hate the Conservatives" thread. So yeah, my energy bill Oct-Jan is double last years. OK, price of energy has somehow gone up I suppose with world events and so on, I can understand that, but why does this then translate to the big energy/oil companies having twice the profits? It's the same thing they're selling but now their profit margin has doubled just because it's more expensive? Why?

It's hard not to view it as a small number of companies controlling an essential commodity so charge whatever they like. Occasionally they go a bit too far even for their own greedy standards and a Government fines them. They shrug off fines of 8 billion and then carry on as normal.

And then that story about British Gas forcing vulnerable "customers" to have pre-paid meters... terrible stuff.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2023 at 10:43am
Vote green like me Wink
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2023 at 10:43am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

I was going to post this on the "we hate the Conservatives" thread. So yeah, my energy bill Oct-Jan is double last years. OK, price of energy has somehow gone up I suppose with world events and so on, I can understand that, but why does this then translate to the big energy/oil companies having twice the profits? It's the same thing they're selling but now their profit margin has doubled just because it's more expensive? Why?

It's hard not to view it as a small number of companies controlling an essential commodity so charge whatever they like. Occasionally they go a bit too far even for their own greedy standards and a Government fines them. They shrug off fines of 8 billion and then carry on as normal.

And then that story about British Gas forcing vulnerable "customers" to have pre-paid meters... terrible stuff.
breaking into peoples houses and fitting then ffs shocking
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2023 at 12:19pm
A lot of good comments on here as usual.  There certainly isn’t a fuel crisis for SHELL, Just posted record profits again, last year they paid out more in share dividends than they did in tax and investment in renewable energy (remember that, the loophole the Tory government offers the energy companies as a way of offsetting their sickening profits).
The other energy/oil companies will be filling their own quarterly reports in the coming weeks, so expect yet more sickeningly high levels of profits.
To think that if the government (I can’t remember which oneWink) hadn’t privatised our state owned gas producer/supplier for a quick buck, most people would have been a lot better off, and the government of today would, even if they hiked up prices at a much smaller rate (blaming everyone else for them doing so), they would be taking in more money from VAT etc, than they do through windfall taxes (a win win situation).
But this government is all about a small state (or non-existent state) economy, at the expense of ordinary working class people, and to the benefit of the rich and well to do.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2023 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Vote green like me Wink

Watch it RR - they support an independent Wales Wink
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2023 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

breaking into peoples houses and fitting then ffs shocking

Yup, it's disgusting. I'm having issues with my supplier trying to force me onto smart meters at the moment. 
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2023 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

A lot of good comments on here as usual.  There certainly isn’t a fuel crisis for SHELL, Just posted record profits again, last year they paid out more in share dividends than they did in tax and investment in renewable energy (remember that, the loophole the Tory government offers the energy companies as a way of offsetting their sickening profits).
The other energy/oil companies will be filling their own quarterly reports in the coming weeks, so expect yet more sickeningly high levels of profits.
To think that if the government (I can’t remember which oneWink) hadn’t privatised our state owned gas producer/supplier for a quick buck, most people would have been a lot better off, and the government of today would, even if they hiked up prices at a much smaller rate (blaming everyone else for them doing so), they would be taking in more money from VAT etc, than they do through windfall taxes (a win win situation).
But this government is all about a small state (or non-existent state) economy, at the expense of ordinary working class people, and to the benefit of the rich and well to do.

piers morgan just grilled the PM about what football team he supports....Not 1 question about shell, energy, taxes or non doms
sir duckling tuft
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2023 at 4:42pm
Try octopus ..very good company 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2023 at 7:44am
BP reporting record profits, double the year before...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic