Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Politics Thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 85>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 11:12pm
Leave her out there, maybe she can single handedly wreck China and it’s economy.
Is it me or am I missing something, the Tories have taken control of their borders (as part of brexit), yet since they have taken (allegedly) control back, net migration looks like it’s up almost 400% on their own targets set in 2019.
They now claim that they should be praised for bringing the sewage issues blighting British waterways to our attention, yet they privatised the water under thatcher and its now owned by mostly overseas hedge fund investors who take huge profits, and pay huge dividends to shareholders and CEOs whilst not investing in any improvements and are happy to put aside money for any fines that they incur due to malpractice, as they know that any fines are small in comparison to investment.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

That's explains a lot , south Africa , white ....I  now understand your right wing stance and belittling of alternate views ...Did you see Nelson Mandela at all 

All very predictable Oracle just like your twitter friends. Why let the real facts get in the way of a cheap laugh? For your information I lived & worked in the Copperbelt in a black run country - Zambia. There was major unrest at the time in Rhodesia to the South & Zaire to the North. Too many arms found their way into the wrong hands. I lost a great friend & fellow cricketer to one such attack so trust me when I say life has taught me that there are many sides to a story & sometimes none of them are funny or worthy of a cheap laugh. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:55am
Well I'm sorry to hear about what happened, it must have been pretty hard to deal with .....Regarding the Twitter comment , I agree there are some lunatics with some strange theories , but there are also a lot of people struggling with not just their financial problems but also a lot of issues with mental health , which are the worst type of illness to deal with in my opinion ..One thing I have learnt over the years is that a lot of people turn to humour as one of the ways to deal with pain and tragedy..So please because people don't react like you , because they allways make light of a situation , doesn't detract from the pain they feel .. As I've posted recently read some of my links and the situations and lies are putting a lot of ordinary people into the realms of despair ..They are not idiots or fools but ordinary people who have been abused by lies and financial strangulation by the people who are running the country 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 2:05pm

Well I'm sorry to hear about what happened, it must have been pretty hard to deal with .....Regarding the Twitter comment , I agree there are some lunatics with some strange theories , but there are also a lot of people struggling with not just their financial problems but also a lot of issues with mental health , which are the worst type of illness to deal with in my opinion ..One thing I have learnt over the years is that a lot of people turn to humour as one of the ways to deal with pain and tragedy..So please because people don't react like you , because they allways make light of a situation , doesn't detract from the pain they feel .. As I've posted recently read some of my links and the situations and lies are putting a lot of ordinary people into the realms of despair ..They are not idiots or fools but ordinary people who have been abused by lies and financial strangulation by the people who are running the country 

I have total sympathy with anyone struggling to cope during this very difficult time financially for many people. You are correct mental health issues are very serious and often the most difficult to diagnose. Unfortunately we see every day the effects of cutbacks on our next door neighbour who despite suffering with quite advanced Alzheimers has been totally neglected by the authorities. 

It really should not be impossible for someone who, despite being 87, is in generally good health apart, of course, from their Alzheimers to manage to live on their own at home.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 9:15am
And so it is clear: we are a two-tier healthcare system. Both major parties want greater private healthcare usage to support NHS, basically admitting that it's no longer functional by itself.

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 9:16am
I think that's more of the case in England 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 9:30am

I think that's more of the case in England 

Yes, although I tend to look at the situation UK-wide and England is dominant and the NHS is mostly supported by English taxes, after all. Wales tends to follow, as well, unless we end up seeing a split between Welsh and English Labour, which is possible.

Edited by dr_martinov - 19 May 2023 at 9:30am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 9:39am
As someone who benefitted from having surgery in a private hospital courtesy of the NHS looking to use spare capacity available to reduce waiting lists I see no real issues in having co-operation between NHS & private sectors provided that costs are controlled. Benefits of scale clearly should be available to the NHS if they for instance arrange a block of knee replacements. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 9:42am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

As someone who benefitted from having surgery in a private hospital courtesy of the NHS looking to use spare capacity available to reduce waiting lists I see no real issues in having co-operation between NHS & private sectors provided that costs are controlled. Benefits of scale clearly should be available to the NHS if they for instance arrange a block of knee replacements. 

Agreed, my mother had a shoulder reconstruction in a private hospital after being placed there by the NHS. The surgeon who she was due to see on the HS had a waiting list of 6 months but she was offered an operation in the private hospital within 4 weeks.... and it was the same surgeon!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Agreed, my mother had a shoulder reconstruction in a private hospital after being placed there by the NHS. The surgeon who she was due to see on the HS had a waiting list of 6 months but she was offered an operation in the private hospital within 4 weeks.... and it was the same surgeon!

It's the way things have gone and it can work. Doesn't change my opinion of mostly the Tories deliberately running the NHS into the ground and selling off contracts for their own political (or directly financial) benefits but I accept questions of how functional it is have been around for most of my life and I do not inherently have an issue with a private option. I just have such little faith that we can close to replicate France or Germany and will end up with a massively divided system closer to the US where, for example, the biggest cause of bankruptcy is... you've guessed it... medical bills. So I do have concerns about exactly what it will end up as.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:10am
There seem to be so many things that are wrong ...How can a Surgeon tell you that it's a 6 month wait for surgery but pay me a fee and I can do it in 4 weeks ....Should this be allowed ....
Paying is what a lot of people are doing , but only certain complaints are able to be resolved, and if it goes wrong the individual is often ambulanced back to a nhs hospital ....
So what is the option , we can either go down the fully private route or pull back and renationalise fully ...
But , what will probably happen is a total mess of a bit of this and a bit of that , this country is seems to excel at screwing things up ...
So to the younger generations will need to prepare from a very different different world that we have known , and hopefully they will forgive us for ruining so many good things we once had ...and remember don't go in the water 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:15am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 11:23am
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:14pm
So in this week’s episode of the classic soap opera the ‘Tory Party’ it’s the wonderful Braverman back n the spotlight again.  Last week it was her upping the rhetoric on immigration whilst contradicting her Pm, this week it’s her trying to use her power to get a 1-1 speeding awareness course because she can’t be seen mingling with hard working people who just accept their punishment - sorry I meant to say it was for security reasons.
Sunak has claimed to have spoken to his ethics advisor about it, but that’s all.  He is unable to do anything about her because of her strong links to the right of the party, the part of the Tory party that he needs to keep onside.

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 2:13pm
Don't forget the new issue , apparently she has previously trained judges in Rwanda , and it seems the £149 million we are paying them , could be seeing it %crossing the Atlantic in a brown envelope ...She seemed to have forget to mention the potential conflict to the said authorities when the Rwanda project was being accelerated and she took over from the previous Facist 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 9:58pm
I hadn’t seen that, am I surprised, not really.  How come this is only now in the public domain, I can’t remember hearing her declaring this when she put this Rwanda scheme in front of parliament.
It will be interesting how much she earned from training these judges, whether the true amount was declared (if during her time as an MP, and whether her contacts had anything to do with the decision to pick Rwanda over any other country.
I really feel sorry for any person placed in front of any judges she has trained, you may find that they too have no moral compass or empathy and will be deporting prisoners or immigrants from Rwanda.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 85>
  Share Topic