Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

End of season contracts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 10:14am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

If you’re commuting such a long distance, it’s good to have some spare time to do the drive and see the family.
Have to be honest and say that if you commute that far, you really must love the job and the package must be right. My daily commute is 225 miles and ive been doing it for 17 years for just that reason. It does limit your free time/family time though
how long does that take you? Good effort
Sadly 2 hours each way as a minimum. Its Llangennech to Tewkesbury and the A465 is and has been, a road works nightmare the entire time. Before the commute I actually lived up and around there so my commute was weekly back to Stradey instead LOL

Well done Sir....but bloody hell that's some mileage. 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 10:19am
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

If you’re commuting such a long distance, it’s good to have some spare time to do the drive and see the family.
Have to be honest and say that if you commute that far, you really must love the job and the package must be right. My daily commute is 225 miles and ive been doing it for 17 years for just that reason. It does limit your free time/family time though
Sadly 2 hours each way as a minimum. Its Llangennech to Tewkesbury and the A465 is and has been, a road works nightmare the entire time. Before the commute I actually lived up and around there so my commute was weekly back to Stradey instead LOL

Well done Sir....but bloody hell that's some mileage. 

Cars quake in fear when they arrive with me LOL. The lure of the Scarlets is what drew me home despite the miles. Its a mix of devotion and madnessBig smile
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 10:25am
When HS2 is done, an England and Wales project, things will improve immeasurably  ..Oh wait a minute......Cry
Keep the faith
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 2:35pm

i met hikka reed in the hotel down from the swan when i worked in Dowty mining doing repairs from our factory in the late 70's
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

i met hikka reed in the hotel down from the swan when i worked in Dowty mining doing repairs from our factory in the late 70's
Ironically my first job in Tewkesbury was in the former Dowty mining building, then used by Wincanton for Somerfield distribution
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 9:51am
Tomas Lezana has left the Scarlet to join Montauban (immediate effect).

Good player, good attitude, just never got an extended and injury free run with us sadly.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Good player, good attitude, just never got an extended and injury free run with us sadly.
Yes very unfortunate with injuries etc. Medical joker to USM and joins ex-scarlet Paulino there, good luck to him.
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 4:05pm

Yes very unfortunate with injuries etc. Medical joker to USM and joins ex-scarlet Paulino there, good luck to him.
Quality player but we never really got to see the best of him. I’d imagine he frees up a sizeable chunk of money. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Quality player but we never really got to see the best of him. I’d imagine he frees up a sizeable chunk of money. 
Between him, Blade, and Kal that’s probably a good way towards the new cap.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 4:09pm
Yes, I’m sure that it does, We just have to invest that money wisely as any unwise purchase will be seized upon by the WRU and the WOL as another example of the regions squandering money.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 4:26pm
Being able to release him early is probably going to mean keeping at least 1 other player that might have ordinarily been released.

Macleod and Dan Davis fit is probably the governing factor in that early release.

Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 4:43pm

Being able to release him early is probably going to mean keeping at least 1 other player that might have ordinarily been released.

Macleod and Dan Davis fit is probably the governing factor in that early release.

And hopefully Luca Giannini in the coming years!
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 5:07pm

Best of luck to you Tomas. Hope it all works out well for you in France.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

He and most of the other ex-Jaguares players were scrambling around for contracts at the time we picked him up so he might not have been on big money. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 5:54pm

Good luck Tomos!
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 10:56pm
Never felt Lezana was a good signing.
Its unfortunate  for him, he  never had a run of games because of injuries.  That can happen to anyone .
He never  seemed to have the attacking dexterity, or turnover skill of a 7, and not quite  the carrying physicality  of a 6.He was committed  however and a good tacker,a decent player , but not of a player on wages of overseas international .
We can better use the cash elsewhere..,second row, would be a start.
I wish him well however in his new life in France.
I stood yer on tanner bank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic