Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Future for Regional / Professional Rugby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 55>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Scarlet O'Hara Scarlet O'Hara wrote:

Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

It seems to me futile continuing the thread here. 
Sir Duckling clearly believes its inappropriate in the current financial  climate to invest in the womens game,  and many of us on SF think otherwise. 
We are recycling  the same info again and again.

I hope in the long term Sir Ducking will change his mind and join us supporting  the women’s  game.
I have a spare ticket for the Wales v Ireand game, and would like to . offer it  to Sir Duckling and join me , would be good.
We are all scarlets on here, end of the day !

youre lying I said none of that, yure just deflecting as I asked you for some facts and you failed to provide them 

Sorry but replying to scarletpimp's generous offer and calling him a liar (I really hate it when people pull sh@t like that) you're being a real di@k.

True ...I am despondent,  when I accept there are differences, and offer genuinely  an olive branch to heal the bad blood.
The offer of the ticket stands Sir Duckling, and you won't have to pay a penny.
As I have said we need to move on with this.
I stood yer on tanner bank
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 11:06pm
Some unnecessary language here. Is the troublesome ghost of Dic Penderyn back in a new host ? 🤔 Exorcism required perhaps admin ?

Edited by reesytheexile - 15 March 2023 at 12:03am
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 1:06am
Me on the naughty step with the Oracle who would have thought.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 2:28am
Judge Judy needs some judgement here I would suggest all.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 3:53am
Naughty posts have been deleted. 

One thing I'm pretty sure of, the Scarlets don't do much for the female youngsters.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 4:08am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

One thing I'm pretty sure of, the Scarlets don't do much for the female youngsters.
Yep. It’s a big opportunity to piggyback on top of Nigel Walkers work at national level to explore the growth of female teams in all regions even a grade level or two playing regular rugby or even a Welsh Shield tournament with home and away games? 🤔
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 4:26am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I'm convinced your Harry Potter with his magic delete wand.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
tim d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tim d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 7:11am
Things have improved greatly for the girls at under 18 level. The inter regional league finished recently and the Welsh selectors picked a squad for the coming season . They lost to England in a bicentennial game at rugby school two weeks ago 48_5.  In a full cap game. . It was a disappointing result but England have been training together for 7 months while Wales only got  together 4 weeks ago.  Wales are playing Scotland on Sunday in a friendly giving the wider squad game time. This is getting them ready for the six nations tournament in april. It's unlikely there will be senior regional teams any time soon as most of the players now play in England and already lots of the girls are getting offers to study in England.
I'm sick of it
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 7:35am

Don't worry I will bring you a cusion Wink

Edited by Oracle - 15 March 2023 at 8:50am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 8:57am

One thing's for sure SOH Oracle knows his way to the step so you won't get lost.LOL
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 9:32am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

One thing's for sure SOH Oracle knows his way to the step so you won't get lost.LOL

I use Google steps ....brilliant Wink
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I use Google steps ....brilliant Wink 
have you abandoned your great leader ? I’m sure I read that somewhere on one of our intellectual literary threads- unless I had been on the bunker magic mushrooms again that day!🤪
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 10:05am
No one is ever allowed to leave the great one , what CIA cross hand hidden bunker (by the roundabout) lies are you spreading now Big smile
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 11:09am
Originally posted by tim d tim d wrote:

Things have improved greatly for the girls at under 18 level. The inter regional league finished recently and the Welsh selectors picked a squad for the coming season . They lost to England in a bicentennial game at rugby school two weeks ago 48_5.  In a full cap game. . It was a disappointing result but England have been training together for 7 months while Wales only got  together 4 weeks ago.  Wales are playing Scotland on Sunday in a friendly giving the wider squad game time. This is getting them ready for the six nations tournament in april. It's unlikely there will be senior regional teams any time soon as most of the players now play in England and already lots of the girls are getting offers to study in England.

Thank you for tha excelleht informative  post Tim.
Keep feeding info back to us on here, very much appreciated. 
As you rightly  point out the growth of anything has to start somewhere.
Wales and other celtic nations have a disadvantage  regarding  numbers  ,in comparison  to England .After saying that Ireland men's set up proves that ones your organised you can maximise your growth potential. 
Would like to see a 16's  team too.
A lot of girls are rejecting the sexist traditional hockey and netball options in schools and wanting rugby and  football  as alternatives.
There are problems of course with curriculum  structures and delivery  ,as it stands, cso football ,ahd sometimes rugby has until now been offered until now been an extra curricular  option.
This of course depends on the good will of teachers already undervalued and whose pay  has seen a decrease of 9% in the last 10 years.
To utilise the resources available  and have a Welsh international  to showcase skills in schools,is wonderful and demonstes the value  of WRU contracts , and I know this is already happening .
Providing role models and a a possibly career pathway, is inspirational.Even if girls don't  follow the career path , this a clear indication  of how you can build confidence cand grow as a person,to be tye gest you can be individually, ahd within a team structure. 
That's a skill for life ethos. 
So having teams 16's and 18's is essential,  for growth at international  level,  ahd for a history of other reasons .

Thank you Tim
I stood yer on tanner bank
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

No one is ever allowed to leave the great one , what CIA cross hand hidden bunker (by the roundabout) lies are you spreading now Big smile
I shall send you a magic mushroom curry peace offering as my expression of remorse for my insult . Pilau or basmati rice? 🤔😂
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 12:50pm
Both 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 55>
  Share Topic