Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Biden in Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biden in Ukraine
    Posted: 20 February 2023 at 11:41pm
He is 80 year old...no American hardware and soldiers to protect him...I know they informed the Russians to behave...but still a good thing to do.....well done Joe.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

He is 80 year old...no American hardware and soldiers to protect him...I know they informed the Russians to behave...but still a good thing to do.....well done Joe.

Would like to quote what my wife said.
She has a form of dementia,  which causes short term memory  loss, however, she is STILL very perceptive. 
She said,  "He's a man of real dignity," I didn't instigate that, and thought yes,  spot on !
What a contrast  to utter cretin who preceded  him!
I stood yer on tanner bank
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2023 at 6:37pm
To add to what I have said above, and reading and listening  to Putin's speech today, one can only worry.
The very real chance of escalation,  is real, with also the possibly of China supplying  Russia with military  hardware. 

One thing is clear , one can never bow to a bully or megalomaniac. 
Putin has already  had the confidence  to send agents to the UK to assassinate  disitant  Russian nationals.
His ego means that he is now in a tunnel of no return,  so there us no real end to this conflict sadly.
Putin clearly  views the fact that resolve in the West will weaken, which of course ,is a real possibility .
Public opinion, with unfavourable  economic  conditions  in most countries,  creates a climate,  where people focus more on their own situations,  naturally, and understandably. 
People need continual reminders that Putin continues  to create  misery for many, piling further havoc on top of the havoc already  evident. 
It's not just about Ukraine,  but if Putin can get away with  the subjecation  of a peaceful  country,  it gives  him the green  light to be bolder in other strategic plans he may have up his sleeve.
I stood yer on tanner bank
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2023 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

even putin isn’t going to launch a military attack on the president of the usa, that would be signing his own death warrant

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2023 at 9:55pm
War has lasted a full year, incredible resilence by the people of the ukraine. The human and finacial cost must be massive

Edited by RR1972 - 21 February 2023 at 9:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic