Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Run in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 8:56pm
Can we do what we did at Munster and get 2 points away at Glasgow? 

Will that be enough with a full 5 points then needed JD v Dragons? 

We probably need Connacht to beat Cardiff and Edinburgh to beat Ospreys? 

Then we all be looking at around the 40 points mark for Welsh Shield? 
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Can we do what we did at Munster and get 2 points away at Glasgow? 

Will that be enough with a full 5 points then needed JD v Dragons? 

We probably need Connacht to beat Cardiff and Edinburgh to beat Ospreys? 

Then we all be looking at around the 40 points mark for Welsh Shield? 

You've raised an interesting point there. Glasgow are pretty secure as far as Champions Cup next season. They finished second in their pool in the Challenge Cup so may fancy a run to the SF in that tournament, where they may have to come to us.

I can't see the O's getting anything at Edinburgh, nor the Blues anything in Connacht. So if we manage 4pts at Glasgow, we'd be 2 ahead of the O's, and 2 behind Cardiff. 

Can Cardiff beat the O's on JD ? Recent matches say no they won't beat the O's. So a straight 4 pts for us on JD will see us top the Welsh Shield by a point above the O's. 

Interesting times. Keep the momentum going next week, and the week after, and who knows. We may yet top the Welsh Shield. It would be remarkable if we did manage it.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2023 at 5:13am
Glasgow want the win to get a home SF guaranteed in the play offs.

They ran Munster ragged last weekend.

Realistically, getting anything in Glasgow is a big lift.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2023 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Our season has been quite a spectacular turnaround.

When we lost to the Ospreys on Boxing day we had played 10 league games and got just 7 points.

We have played 6 more league games since then, and come away with 26 points.

I

If we had 15 players on the pitch we would have beaten that operated lot over the bridge, the turnaround has been biblical, I remember Gareth Jenkins somehow getting the squad to peak towards the end of the season, when all the permutations start working out, perhaps Peel is Moses.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2023 at 5:46am

Moved above Edinburgh with that win, and so 2 points behind the O's and 6 behind Cardiff with 2 to play.

Glasgow blew away Munster yesterday and have their eyes ( and are looking good) on a Top 4 finish (home tie in the play offs). Something they will secure if they beat us.

I actually think we won't get any higher in the league, even though I think we will win v Drags, and will finish behind Cardiff and the O's, albeit by only a point or two.

I think the O's will win their last 2 games (Edinburgh away and Cardiff), and Cardiff will lose their last 2 (Connacht away and O's).
So the O's will win the Shield.

Feels dirty in my mouth.

Yes, I'm saying we won't beat Glasgow (Lofty is about to pwn me)....however if we did then the Welsh derbies will become a sort of showdown on who wins the shield - goes in to the Top tier of Europe...could be fun!

What we did in Cork with abating Irish mob in the second half was exceptional, Glasgow will play a running rugby style....blast so will we and tbh it could be the game of the season in the league. 
Yes we will win. 

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2023 at 9:48am
The main thing that worries me at Glasgow is the pitch. Historically we have done pretty well there but also we have seen a load of injuries. 
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2023 at 9:49am
Didn't we beat them when we went down to 12 men a few years ago
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2023 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Didn't we beat them when we went down to 12 men a few years ago

We did end the game with 12 men. We had 2 late YC's. Regan King was playing that day. He was in his second spell with us. Referee didn't know the laws, and wouldn't allow a player back on the pitch when we had to take someone off for a HIA. We hung on to win 16-10.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2023 at 10:40am
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Moved above Edinburgh with that win, and so 2 points behind the O's and 6 behind Cardiff with 2 to play.

Glasgow blew away Munster yesterday and have their eyes ( and are looking good) on a Top 4 finish (home tie in the play offs). Something they will secure if they beat us.

I actually think we won't get any higher in the league, even though I think we will win v Drags, and will finish behind Cardiff and the O's, albeit by only a point or two.

I think the O's will win their last 2 games (Edinburgh away and Cardiff), and Cardiff will lose their last 2 (Connacht away and O's).

Feels dirty in my mouth.

Yes, I'm saying we won't beat Glasgow (Lofty is about to pwn me)....however if we did then the Welsh derbies will become a sort of showdown on who wins the shield - goes in to the Top tier of Europe...could be fun!

What we did in Cork with abating Irish mob in the second half was exceptional, Glasgow will play a running rugby style....blast so will we and tbh it could be the game of the season in the league. 
Yes we will win. 

We beat South Africa on Saturday. Yes we'll win. 
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2023 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Feels dirty in my mouth.

Yes we will win. 

We beat South Africa on Saturday. Yes we'll win. 

Of course we will....you can feel it in your bones SA14. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic