FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Italy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Coch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales v Italy
    Posted: 16 March 2023 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by Coch Coch wrote:

Wyn was top class in the World Cup and on Lions tour but he was much fitter and leaner then. He's bulked up too much in my opinion, mind you he's very  strong have you seen the WRU clip of him lifting 250kg? I think Gats will get his weight down and be more mobile before World Cup. 

You are quite right, Gats does need to get his weight down before the world cup, Wyn could do with a few pounds less as well. Wink
LOLLOLLOL
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 9:11pm
Wyn hurt his back on the lions tour seems to have been injured a lot since to, brown can’t stay fit and  carre can’t scrummage if we can get them fixed they are the tyoe of props the modern day game suits
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Coch Coch wrote:

Wyn was top class in the World Cup and on Lions tour but he was much fitter and leaner then. He's bulked up too much in my opinion, mind you he's very  strong have you seen the WRU clip of him lifting 250kg? I think Gats will get his weight down and be more mobile before World Cup. 

You are quite right, Gats does need to get his weight down before the world cup, Wyn could do with a few pounds less as well. Wink
Keep the faith
Coch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 8:33pm

Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2023 at 3:10pm
Wales across the board lacks tight five forwards that have an all round skill set. Poor carriers. Any other country would have turned Carré and Brown into monsters.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2023 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

As an incidental point, Wyn is quite a way from the Wyn of 2019.

Has not been the same level of player since the SA Lions tour.
Any idea of the reason?

Maybe I'm being harsh on Wyn on reflection, I see the other 6N LH props like Genge, Porter, Fischetti, Schoeman, Baille offering so much around the park, as well as being solid in the scrums.

Wales just don't have that sort of guy. Wyn is a good scrummager, but he got tumbled in the tight (missed 5 tackles) and isn't a threat at the breakdown.

But Genge is terrific player...his work rate and threat is now the bar to reach tbh....

your spot on Chips 

The peak Wyn was very good as a jackal iirc.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2023 at 12:23pm

Any idea of the reason?

Maybe I'm being harsh on Wyn on reflection, I see the other 6N LH props like Genge, Porter, Fischetti, Schoeman, Baille offering so much around the park, as well as being solid in the scrums.

Wales just don't have that sort of guy. Wyn is a good scrummager, but he got tumbled in the tight (missed 5 tackles) and isn't a threat at the breakdown.

But Genge is terrific player...his work rate and threat is now the bar to reach tbh....

your spot on Chips 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2023 at 6:25am
in today rugby, be only a good scrummager is not enough...unfortunately WJ is extremely slow for modern rugby ritmo...of course he needs more time to find his form and ritmo

Edited by Mr Ian - 13 March 2023 at 6:25am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2023 at 6:00am

Any idea of the reason?

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 10:37pm
Anyway coming back to reality Webb is up against Dupont ...really looking forward to it.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 6:29pm

Any idea of the reason?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 6:06pm

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 5:38pm
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Lincscarlet Lincscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I think Crowley nailed it in his post match interview- “how does a team give away 17 pens, 5 on the line, and not even get a warning”…..against France, ireland, the AB’s etc the ref gives that penalty try and welsh players get cards. I’ll always take a win, but it didn’t feel like we won more like Italy lost. Give away 17 pens against Ntamack and co and it’ll be another cricket score. 
He can’t winge too much the refs saved them from being permanently down to fourteen men.

I suppose you are referring to the forearm direct to Wyn Jones's throat? I also thought that was a red - as did the TMO, fairly obviously - but she was overruled by the weak ref.

Initially I agreed with that, forearm to throat - but on the replays Bruno had his arm up in that position at that height to fend 2 previous players and Wyn runs into it. I whinged like a little girl when sexton milked a card doing that to us (albeit with the ball and running into a shoulder) so no complaints from me that it wasn’t a red. 
So the refs were alright then? Got the critical call right in your opinion? Not a natural position for the forearm and as the video ref pointed out the fist was clenched which means it wasn’t a fend. Poor call, refs were equally bad for both teams in my opinion. 
Lincscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lincscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 4:32pm

Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I think Crowley nailed it in his post match interview- “how does a team give away 17 pens, 5 on the line, and not even get a warning”…..against France, ireland, the AB’s etc the ref gives that penalty try and welsh players get cards. I’ll always take a win, but it didn’t feel like we won more like Italy lost. Give away 17 pens against Ntamack and co and it’ll be another cricket score. 
He can’t winge too much the refs saved them from being permanently down to fourteen men.

I suppose you are referring to the forearm direct to Wyn Jones's throat? I also thought that was a red - as did the TMO, fairly obviously - but she was overruled by the weak ref.

Initially I agreed with that, forearm to throat - but on the replays Bruno had his arm up in that position at that height to fend 2 previous players and Wyn runs into it. I whinged like a little girl when sexton milked a card doing that to us (albeit with the ball and running into a shoulder) so no complaints from me that it wasn’t a red. 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 3:52pm

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Anyone know if the BBC coverage of today's game has been affected by Linekergate?

Probably not, as that seem to have affected football coverage. We'll soon know, though!

no gabby has tax dodging deals to sell Wink
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic