Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Italy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales v Italy
    Posted: 09 March 2023 at 8:09am
Rumoured team has Webb & Biggar at 9 & 10 with Rees-Zammit being dropped to the bench. Dyer, Adams & Williams are the back 3. 
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 8:41am
Bench our most potent attacking threat Pivac must be advising on selection.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 8:42am
No 10 cover on the bench, T.Williams, North & Rees-Zammit on the bench.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Yes Gats' selections are becoming Pivac like. Why would he drop LRZ when he is the most dangerous weapon we have. I agree with Dyer but Adams is very lucky to make the 23. Lot of faith being placed in young Hawkins for sure. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 9:13am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes Gats' selections are becoming Pivac like. Why would he drop LRZ when he is the most dangerous weapon we have. I agree with Dyer but Adams is very lucky to make the 23. Lot of faith being placed in young Hawkins for sure. 

The guy just scores tries for fun, there is no logical reason for dropping him (aside from injury which he doesn't have as he will be on the bench).
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 11:49am
Wales: Liam Williams; Josh Adams, Mason Grady, Joe Hawkins, Rio Dyer; Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb; Wyn Jones, Ken Owens (capt), Tomas Francis, Dafydd Jenkins, Adam Beard, Jac Morgan, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Scott Baldwin, Gareth Thomas, Dillon Lewis, Rhys Davies, Tommy Reffell, Tomos Williams, George North, Louis Rees-Zammit.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 11:58am

Wales: Liam Williams; Josh Adams, Mason Grady, Joe Hawkins, Rio Dyer; Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb; Wyn Jones, Ken Owens (capt), Tomas Francis, Dafydd Jenkins, Adam Beard, Jac Morgan, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Scott Baldwin, Gareth Thomas, Dillon Lewis, Rhys Davies, Tommy Reffell, Tomos Williams, George North, Louis Rees-Zammit.

Thanks for this, still haven't seen anything in Hawkins that makes me sit up and take notice. I know Chips said he's the most naturally gifted player he's seen etc and Orders writes everyday how incredible he is......and the more that's said the more I watch and I really don't get the glossing...just saying it as it is. Now he is being touted as the next Dan Carter....it doesn't stop.

I do appreciate someone who does things in spades like Genge for England. On a different note Webb and Biggar well you can base your whole game plan on their ability to create nothing. 

LRZ is the best attacking player we have...now he is a gifted player, hopeless in defence but offensively he is a different breed.....utter folly leaving him out.
Gatland is bending to public love ins.

Edited by lofty evans - 09 March 2023 at 12:10pm
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 12:04pm
Pivac's tombola selections replaced by Gatland's ...err...tombola selections. What's changed? Whatever it cost to pay off Pivac and his team for this is wasted money. A clueless Union making clueless appointments. We may as well just give up. RIP Welsh rugby, murdered by blazers 2003-2023.

Edited by gaffer - 09 March 2023 at 12:04pm
What's going on?
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by gaffer gaffer wrote:

Pivac's tombola selections replaced by Gatland's ...err...tombola selections. What's changed? Whatever it cost to pay off Pivac and his team for this is wasted money. A clueless Union making clueless appointments. We may as well just give up. RIP Welsh rugby, murdered by blazers 2003-2023.

Well said, the WRU just seem to just walk from one disastrous decision to another, but nothing really changes at the top.  
Gatland was seen as the answer to a very poor last 18 months of PIVACs tenure, yet even Pivac managed not to win a wooden spoon.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 12:22pm
Biggar now isnt starting, Owen Williams is.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 12:32pm

Could it get any worse there are three better 10’s at the Scarlets.
This Osprey love in has killed the Welsh team this six nations.
Rhys Webb for god sake and no Christ even on bench.
Gatland has had a huge bet on us getting the wooden spoon there is no other explanation for this absolute car crash of side.

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 12:38pm
Hadleigh and Hawkins might be mentioned post-match depending on whether Owen Williams lasts a long time on the pitch. 

Hope he plays well and remains injury-free.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 12:41pm

Late change, or error? If a late change, why not give Patchell a chance?

It looks as if Gatland has taken the sensible approach that since we're out of contention for the 6N, he might as well have a look at some other players, and I don't blame him for that.

Webb at 9 will annoy some Scarlets supporters, who seem to hate him - I reckon he's a senior pro who has a good rugby brain, but is past his best. 9 is the position in which the selectors got things wrong in a major way (IMHO) - I'd have picked Cawdor and Blacker - or at least one of them - in preference to any of the three chosen. 

LRZ is better than Dyer, so that's a bit of a puzzler unless he is nursing an injury. 

I understand the thinking about the forwards, though Tshiunza is unlucky. 

Good to see Mason Grady get another shot at 13; last week showed that the 12 for the RWC is likely to be our own Jonny Williams, who was tremendous, but of course he gained fitness too late for this 6N squad.

I think Italy start as favourites for this one - their form has been better. The one thing in our favour is that their outstanding 15 is injured and won't be there - he did for us last year.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 12:43pm
The official line is LRZ is coming back form injury but for me if you're on the bench you're fit enough to start.

Don't like Webb being promoted above Hardy either.
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 12:50pm
Adam Beard. Why?
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Late change, or error? If a late change, why not give Patchell a chance?

It looks as if Gatland has taken the sensible approach that since we're out of contention for the 6N, he might as well have a look at some other players, and I don't blame him for that.

Webb at 9 will annoy some Scarlets supporters, who seem to hate him - I reckon he's a senior pro who has a good rugby brain, but is past his best. 9 is the position in which the selectors got things wrong in a major way (IMHO) - I'd have picked Cawdor and Blacker - or at least one of them - in preference to any of the three chosen. 

LRZ is better than Dyer, so that's a bit of a puzzler unless he is nursing an injury. 

I understand the thinking about the forwards, though Tshiunza is unlucky. 

Good to see Mason Grady get another shot at 13; last week showed that the 12 for the RWC is likely to be our own Jonny Williams, who was tremendous, but of course he gained fitness too late for this 6N squad.

I think Italy start as favourites for this one - their form has been better. The one thing in our favour is that their outstanding 15 is injured and won't be there - he did for us last year.

The point being about Webb , EO Sir as you stated he's past his best...Rhodri Williams at the Drags would be a better option....his tan though is still up to speed...it doesn't annoy me at all he's picked, just glad it's not a Scarlet player for reasons I've posted for the last 16 years on here.

And Dyer reminds me of Nigel Walker...fast runner but brainless.

Edited by lofty evans - 09 March 2023 at 12:53pm
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic