Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Italy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Worst result possible for Welsh rugby going forward, as others have said the papering over of cracks is frightening.
Our centres were torn to shreds today and Owens Williams offers nothing. Dyer is not international standard his attempt at a tackle when last line of defence was schoolboy stuff.
Jenkins very good in second row and could form a decent pair with Rowlands. 
France will put 50 on this side in Paris next week 
What would losing to italy prove. Everyone knows we are pants. Winning this against a woeful Italy team proves nothing, we did it last year LOL
Except we lost 21-22.
And don't tell me it’s ironic because it isn’t.
What's going on?
Sponsored Links

Lincscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lincscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 7:12pm
We were largely awful, the ref hated Italy we could easily have had a couple of yellow cards in that game. All I saw Hawkins do was kick a ball away 2m out from their line when there was 4 red shirts outside him. 
I’m really disappointed that gats didn’t look outside his initial squad after they were exposed 3 games in a row, plenty of players ignored first time round who would have been an improvement on what’s there. Hoping we ate up for a scrap vs France, they just look awesome 1-23. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 8:14pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this team Wales bashing a way to get back at the WRU?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this team Wales bashing a way to get back at the WRU?
Might have misunderstood your post, however….

We’ve been getting bashed by quite a few sides.

Or, do you mean the fans criticising?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 9:20pm
Interesting to see that the BBC website doesn’t have any Have Your Say section to any of today’s matches. Obviously concerned with the Lineker fallout.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

Interesting to see that the BBC website doesn’t have any Have Your Say section to any of today’s matches. Obviously concerned with the Lineker fallout.
Oracle’s Pyongyang boss would approve
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 9:44pm
Hats off to Val this evening, reinforcing her rep today
Milli View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 9:45pm
French will rip our midfield to pieces.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Milli Milli wrote:

Assuming we can lay hands on them…..
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 10:26pm
What is clear the French are getting back into form, it didn't happen the last game but they tore England apart....they have their mojo back and inflicting the biggest defeat at Twickenham......the soul of chariots.....if that's not ominous...I don't know what is.

Ireland yuk are the no 1 but France like today in awful conditions were irresistible.  The only chance Wales have is dragging France into playing rubbish pathetic grinding rugby....every position from 1 to 15 is superb, they are well drilled and efficient and it could be awful on French soil......the other hope for Wales is France doesn't turn up thinking its a foregone conclusion....other than that....no chance.
The French tries were sublime, the Italian back play was world's away from our backs...who were just rubbish.

Yes there will be the defenders and Webb will carry this Welsh team while he is on crutches and Dupont is like Teflon and fast and intelligent and the best 9 out there.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Milli Milli wrote:

Assuming we can lay hands on them…..

We won't.

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Not really just saying how bad the players under the messiah are. Italy played rugby, the gods were kind to us today....it won't be next week....the WRU yes are also responsible for the position we find ourselves in. 
When you praise individuals on the pitch representing the Country by gawd they had better deliver...when you get coaches praising players to the standard of accepted Superstar status....you line yourself up to be shot down...not really difficult SA14 to understand the thoughts of some on here, I always say what I believe....it may be guff so be it....but please don't tell me Joe blogs is something when these old eyes have seen far more players and what brilliance truly is.

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 10:37pm
Today, when I heard, maybe imagined, as they were that outclassed, Swing Low etc., it always makes me wonder what the French thought about les rosbifs singing about a shopping trolley.

Un chariot = a shopping trolley

Ça suffit, or, to put it another way “Enough said”.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 11 March 2023 at 10:37pm
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 10:43pm
I think this week would be a good one to call a players strike. I really think this could be worse than Wembley when they put over 50 on us and could have had twenty more. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 6:32am
I share Lofty's trepidation about next week. Hawkins & Grady were all over the place yesterday. With composure Italy would have scored 3-4 more tries. Webb provided Wales with a kicking threat and Italy totally failed to deal with it. 

The French backs from 9-15 are significantly better than those who started for Wales yesterday. The best centre pairing in Wales at the moment is JBR & Joe Roberts but Gats has nailed his colours to the mast. If Hawkins is going to be an International 10 then get him playing at URC level at 10 - he doesn't look anywhere ready to play 12 at this level & Grady has got a hell of a lot to learn about defending. The thought of Danty & Fickou next week frightens me. They also have Jallibert on the bench who would walk into this Welsh team. 

One positive for me continues to be the form of Dafydd Jenkins - he is a proper player who puts himself about. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 7:57am
The game was more about Italy failing to execute their game plan, rather than Wales imposing theirs.

There were a lot of missed tacks from our centers and wings, more from leaving a flailing arm having mis-read the Italian back play, than missing straight 1-1's.

If the France that turned up yesterday turn up next week, it will be a tough outing.

Edited by Wil Chips - 12 March 2023 at 7:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic