Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Side to face France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 4:42pm
Done well to get a bonus point in Paris. We're a long way off the top teams though. Hope Gatland gives the youngsters a good run in the Summer before the RWC. If I were Tom Rodgers or Joe Roberts I'd be looking to play myself into consideration. Johnny Williams should definitely go. Didn't think much of Dyer today despite his try. Francis doesn't offer much but then Wyn didn't have a great game either. Beard is a passenger. Pains me to say it but I thought Dillon Lewis did reasonably well when he came on. Adams looks off form to me. Thought Wainright showed some appetite for contact that's missing from a lot of our forwards. Prefer Reffel to Tipuric. 
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 4:45pm
Good second half performance.  I didn’t see us scoring more than 1 try before the game started, but to get 4 was very pleasing.
George North was exposed for 2 of the French tries, his defence has always been suspect, on the wing you can use the touchline as a defender, but there is no hiding in the centre, as you can be exposed both inside and outside.
Williams did well when he came on as did Jenkins, but we are very weak in the front row - this is explained in the fact that Dillon Lewis earned his 50th cap, he probably wouldn’t have earned 10 caps if he was representing the other home nations.
Biggar was solid at 10, but didn’t offer anything offensively, in what is likely to be his last nations start, Webb was solid too, again in what is likely to be his last 6 nations match, and likewise it was nice for halfpenny to score with the last kick of the game.
After the World Cup we need to rebuild completely, basing the team around the likes of DewinLake, Dafydd Jenkins, Chris T, Reffell, LRZ and our very own Jonny Williams.
The World Cup is only 6 months away so we won’t see manned changes in the squad and the game plan.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 4:45pm
Ken â rhai geiriau grac yn ei gyfweliad am gefnogwyr yn dynny'r tîm lawr gyda sylwadau negatif.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 4:51pm
Thank god for gatland , yet again he's had a week to turn ordinary players into internationals ...it shows how crap our coaches are 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 4:56pm
Very much better than I feared... there looks to be a bot of hope for the future. Scoring 4 tries in Paris against a defence coached by Sean Edwards takes some doing. But for a couple of defensive errors, it could have been even closer. France are so clinical, though, when they get a chance. Brilliant team.

I think Gatland's mantra of 'the longer we're together, the better we play' was proved once again. He's had to use this 6N to try out different players, combinations and tactics. I think we'll be a decent team come the RWC, but will be held back simply by not having enough top class test players. Our best guys are either veterans coming to the end of their careers or just starting out. The middle age group seem a bit disappointing. To take today's team - Ken, AWJ and Faletau in the pack and Biggar, Webb, North and Halfpenny were absolutely top class at their best. 'Peak Beard' is never going to get the pulses racing.

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 5:25pm
We will go to France with a siege mentality ...injuries will decide how far we go 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 6:16pm
Glad wainwright has finally nailed down the 6 shirt
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 6:27pm
I agree
Coch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Done well to get a bonus point in Paris. We're a long way off the top teams though. Hope Gatland gives the youngsters a good run in the Summer before the RWC. If I were Tom Rodgers or Joe Roberts I'd be looking to play myself into consideration. Johnny Williams should definitely go. Didn't think much of Dyer today despite his try. Francis doesn't offer much but then Wyn didn't have a great game either. Beard is a passenger. Pains me to say it but I thought Dillon Lewis did reasonably well when he came on. Adams looks off form to me. Thought Wainright showed some appetite for contact that's missing from a lot of our forwards. Prefer Reffel to Tipuric. 

Much better performance today, but probs down to less intensity from French as they expected to replay the English scoreline. 

Agree with Rodgers/Roberts and for me Johnny has to go to World Cup. Ironically I thought Wyn had a better game today and was unlucky to get pinged for the faults of the fat frenchman. Wainwright gad a great game but Beard resorted back to type. Someone on here said "walking rugby" which summed him up today.
A note on Ken as captain, I'm a bit fed up of his constant grouching about press comments. Rise above it Ken or they'll drag you down.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 6:28pm
Pleasantly surprised we didn’t suffer biggest defeat ever but we are so far behind them in the physicality stakes it’s frightening. They are all athletes to a man we have few who can compete at that level. 
Rowlands and Jenkins in second row will be good need a couple of props and a hooker urgently 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 6:29pm
Until we sort out our development and regions we can only dream
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 6:32pm
A french friend messaged me during the second half with a saying they have - The shed has fallen on the dog.

Very apt and it made me laugh.

Saw the first half and then went to our new neighbours, from N London who’ve bought a weekend place in the village, for drinkies and to watch the second half…..EXCEPT they thought I wanted to watch the England match. I’d put it onto record so can go back and see what I missed.

A good red Sancerre (a previous hat tip to RR1972) was served and the conversation good. Probably better for the spirit that the second half panned out this way than actually having watched it. More fun and good laughs had by all.

Plus it turned out her grandfather captained Ireland in the 1920s and they’d a friend since medical college who’s a Scarlets supporter. Has been a season ticket holder until about 4 year ago.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 6:41pm
France put 41 on us and didn't want to stuff us like England. Taking positives and trying to create a side for the World cup...I have no comments.
We are lacking 9, 10, 12, 13....and forwards.
We are being ripped apart by teams. We need a new squad. New ideas. New coach. 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 6:44pm
We scored 4 tries today, everything  in the garden is lovely.
Keep the faith
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 6:51pm
What’s this about Gatland refusing to answer questions about back room staff leaving?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 7:57pm
I dislike gatland , he doesn't have long hair and he can't breakdance ..grow up ffs , people on here are just clueless bigots who only want failure so they can wallow in it ....I suppose that's the old Welsh way , but hopefully it changes with the youngsters 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic