Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steward red card

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steward red card
    Posted: 19 March 2023 at 12:15pm
Haven't seen the game but watched this......yellow for me. Thoughts.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 12:33pm
Not a red. Not a yellow.

Trying to avoid impact and protect himself after an Irish knock on.

By all means apply the protocol re head contact to tackles but surely it’s complete nonsense to apply it to the circumstances of this incident and similar.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 12:43pm
Pure rugby incident.
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 12:57pm
Steward leaped into the air for some inexplicable reason when he was tacking a player who had just picked up a bouncing ball. He no arms shoulder charged him, hitting the tackled player directly in the head with considerable force resulting in him failing a head injury assessment. 
The only time I have seen anything similar on a rugby field not red carded was Tipuric on Johnny McNicholl the first game of this season.
If he had made an attempt to wrap his arms in the tackle, maybe he would have got away with a yellow, but he didn't, so a red was the only option.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 1:08pm
Yellow but letter of the law yaddy yaddy ya a red. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 2:18pm
Shoulder or elbow to the head you are seeing red 
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 2:19pm
I dunno finding myself on the naughty step with The Oracle and now agreeing with SA14. It's been quite a week.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Scarlet O'Hara Scarlet O'Hara wrote:

I dunno finding myself on the naughty step with The Oracle and now agreeing with SA14. It's been quite a week.
Big smileBig smileBig smile
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

Steward leaped into the air for some inexplicable reason when he was tacking a player who had just picked up a bouncing ball. He no arms shoulder charged him, hitting the tackled player directly in the head with considerable force resulting in him failing a head injury assessment. 
The only time I have seen anything similar on a rugby field not red carded was Tipuric on Johnny McNicholl the first game of this season.
If he had made an attempt to wrap his arms in the tackle, maybe he would have got away with a yellow, but he didn't, so a red was the only option.
Tipuruc was clear red card the red card yesterday was a joke nothing he could have down to prevent the collision. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Tipuruc was clear red card the red card yesterday was a joke nothing he could have down to prevent the collision. 
Maybe not run into the other player. 

Edit: He’s a pro rugby player, they coach head to nearside hip from first contact sessions. It’s nobody’s fault but Stewards. He did nothing in that contact to mitigate despite it being accidental. Tough but fair treatment in my view. 

Edited by EJPT - 19 March 2023 at 4:18pm
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 5:35pm
A complete mockery.  No card for me.  But the Irish get it all.  They want to reduce injuries.  But the players are in the gym all week.  Pumping iron. They play all out for 50 minutes.  Reduce subs. Let’s go back to replacements for injury.  
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 6:18pm
You could see steward brace his shoulder to go into the tackle ...red card all day ...was shown to be an ordinary full back yesterday not a great one 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 6:21pm
In my very humble opinion that's as nailed on a red as you're likely to see.
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Steward was not red carded for the colliding with Keenan, he was red carded for a no arms shoulder charge tackle direct to the head. He could certainly have mitigated the situation by at least attempting to wrap his arms in the tackle, that would have reduced the card to yellow at worse.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 6:43pm
how could he have avoided the situation, he only had a micro second to react? Maybe Im being naive but I dont think he intended to hurt the player. It just looked like an unfortunate accident to my untrained eye. Yellow for me
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 6:55pm
Basically your nieve , as you posted
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic