Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sunday’s Governance Vote

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2023 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Any no votes known of

Yes but as they’re not on social media I’m not going to name. 

I know of at least 4 in the district I play in. 
They should be named and shamed as they will be responsible for the death of our game. The stakes could not be higher for the game and people should have to justify their decision. 

I agree, I know some clubs have objected to the wording of the whole thing but for me it's not a reason to vote against the whole vote. Some clubs local to me have said they're unhappy that there have to be 5 women on the board rather than it be the best person. 

I have mentioned before about my thoughts on quotas however, it is lack of diversity that got them into this mess in the first place. The men chosen clearly were not the best people for the job they lacked the majority of skills necessary, you could argue they only got their positions because they were men.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2023 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Scarlet O'Hara Scarlet O'Hara wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Any no votes known of

Yes but as they’re not on social media I’m not going to name. 

I know of at least 4 in the district I play in. 
They should be named and shamed as they will be responsible for the death of our game. The stakes could not be higher for the game and people should have to justify their decision. 

I agree, I know some clubs have objected to the wording of the whole thing but for me it's not a reason to vote against the whole vote. Some clubs local to me have said they're unhappy that there have to be 5 women on the board rather than it be the best person. 

I have mentioned before about my thoughts on quotas however, it is lack of diversity that got them into this mess in the first place. The men chosen clearly were not the best people for the job they lacked the majority of skills necessary, you could argue they only got their positions because they were men.

Spot on Scarlet. A meritocracy will ensure plenty of female representation. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2023 at 12:43pm
I do hope this goes through. If it needs tidying up later, fine. Things will look bleak if it doesn't.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2023 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I do hope this goes through. If it needs tidying up later, fine. Things will look bleak if it doesn't.
Maybe the Cardiff Phoenix if it doesn’t and the sponsors pull the plug?!
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 9:33am
Today’s the day then.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 5:35pm
How come ieuan is departing ?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Because the new organisation needs an experienced person in that position. It says alot for Ieuan's character that he knew there will be people better qualified than him to drive through the necessary changes at all levels. A man who did the necessary and then steps aside is a big man.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Because the new organisation needs an experienced person in that position. It says alot for Ieuan's character that he knew there will be people better qualified than him to drive through the necessary changes at all levels. A man who did the necessary and then steps aside is a big man.
Thanks John. Well encapsulated.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

No one has more rugby experience than him, I hope he stays involved in some capacity.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 6:14pm
Ieuan has done a great job some of the stick he took was way out of line he should still play a part even if not the chair . Onwards and upwards now

Edited by RR1972 - 26 March 2023 at 6:16pm
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 6:25pm
Yes he said earlier that with 5 women on the board there should be a massive improvement in sandwiches , teas and dusting Embarrassed
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 7:00pm

Yes he said earlier that with 5 women on the board there should be a massive improvement in sandwiches , teas and dusting Embarrassed

😂 I really do hope they don't stick with that stringently just to tick a box. 
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 7:14pm
Oooohhh the lefties will be after you, I didn’t laugh at that at all 😳
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 7:21pm
This whole 5 women on the board is absolute bull rubbish, clearly a box ticking exercise if they are employing 10 people it should be best 10 that apply for the job, and if the best 10 are women employ 10 women.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

This whole 5 women on the board is absolute bull rubbish, clearly a box ticking exercise if they are employing 10 people it should be best 10 that apply for the job, and if the best 10 are women employ 10 women.
Would you welcome back Amanda Blanc?
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Would you welcome back Amanda Blanc?

Anyone would but that's not what the point he's trying to make is. People are screaming out for the right people in the job. If that's all male, all female or a mixture, there shouldn't be an agenda. It should be who is the best. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic