Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sunday’s Governance Vote

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunday’s Governance Vote
    Posted: 21 March 2023 at 4:49pm
This is a good read, from Steffan Thomas, talking to someone who knows plenty about running big business well, Henry Engelhardt of Admiral and Chicago Cubs.

Fingers crossed for the vote going through.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 21 March 2023 at 6:25pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2023 at 6:57pm
That’s an excellent if not frightening interview, if the vote doesn’t go through.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2023 at 9:18pm
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2023 at 9:29pm
Any no votes known of
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 3:54am
No one has come out and said it.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Any no votes known of

Yes but as they’re not on social media I’m not going to name. 

I know of at least 4 in the district I play in. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Any no votes known of

They should be named and shamed as they will be responsible for the death of our game. The stakes could not be higher for the game and people should have to justify their decision. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Any no votes known of

They should be named and shamed as they will be responsible for the death of our game. The stakes could not be higher for the game and people should have to justify their decision. 

I agree, I know some clubs have objected to the wording of the whole thing but for me it's not a reason to vote against the whole vote. Some clubs local to me have said they're unhappy that there have to be 5 women on the board rather than it be the best person. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 8:08am

Any no votes known of

Big, big decision. The amount of sponsorship funds on the line could sink the WRU. Part of me says that may be a good thing in a perverse sort of way. Get shot once & for all, everyone made redundant & the governance of the professional game in Wales can be done by a board drawn from the 4 professional teams plus an Independent full time chairperson/CEO. 

Let the 282 amateur teams convene their own governance structure. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 9:49am
I agree , part of me feels a clear break is needed not some new strangled relationship 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 6:56pm
Anyone know what the provisions are in the event of the WRU being liquidated?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 7:24pm
There is a plan B but I haven't seen it
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 7:31pm
282 Clubs voting 
212 Votes needed for it to go through 
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2023 at 9:56am

Any no votes known of

I agree, I know some clubs have objected to the wording of the whole thing but for me it's not a reason to vote against the whole vote. Some clubs local to me have said they're unhappy that there have to be 5 women on the board rather than it be the best person.

In the 21st century the assumption that the women would be token appointments and therefore, 'not as good as men', shows just how much work there is to be done. The whole board could be female as far as I am concerned. There is absolutely no reason to believe that there aren't women who could do the job. 
What's going on?
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2023 at 10:34am
Looking at female refs , what a revelation , straight no nonsense and calm ....i prefer a female ref over many male ones 
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2023 at 1:16pm
I have a vested interest in this going through and not just as a supporter.

However as is the case in the civil service where I work once you state there must be a minimum number of race, sex orientation etc there will always be the doubt of someone's ability and whether they are there on merit or just a quota which can subconsciously affect the person in the role through self doubt and also the blazered bigots grounds for continued argument. I agree totally with all the comments made that the best person whoever they are gets the job end of debate. Perhaps it would have been better to propose the initial new board has a make up of what they wish it to be and then through time maintain it with the best people available whoever they are with the foundations of the new board to direct them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic