Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cardiffv sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cardiffv sale
    Posted: 02 April 2023 at 1:36am
We have been through some of the darkest periods in welsh rugby in recent times...both on and off the field.
How good is it there fore to have TWO of our teams in the QF of a European competition.
Hasn't happened for a while.

After our win on Friday, I looked with some anticipation to the clash between Cardiff and Sale this evening.
I was not disappointed ..what a cracking game, and Cardiff fans must be very proud of their team, for the for the shift  they put in. Sale are a top team, second in the premiership, and a very physical outfit.
I cannot forget the hammering the dished out to us a Parc, not that long ago. Humiliating !

Its seemed strange that the forward, particularly scrum dominance, central to Cardiff's stranglehold on the game evaporated once props Corey Domachowski, Kieran Assiratti, and hooker Becher were replaced by internationals...Lewis, Dacey and Carre , making me wonder, who should be in the welsh squad and who should not !

They now play Benetton away, a tough game, but one they are well capable of winning.
How good could it be for two welsh teams in the semi final...Scarlets and Cardiff

Finally what a wonderful and fitting tribute to Peter Thomas tonight. He would have been proud.
Dai Young summed it up, when he said.............
"That performance was missing one thing, Peter watching it !It was a fantastic tribute to him and hopefully, his family could see how much he meant to us.
He was the heartbeat of the club, and whenever it was in trouble , peter stood up.
We are indebted to him " 

I stood yer on tanner bank
Sponsored Links

scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 3:03am
Too add to the above...Glasgow will be a real threat to any team in this competition.
real quality throughout their side.
Is it 11 wins from 12 now, but we are not too far from that.
The game on the 14th will be interesting, whatever happens next Friday.

One have to say however to ship 73 points is pathetic from Dragons.
They had 6 welsh internationals starting and 3/4 on bench!
I will be incredibly disappointed and surprised ,if we don't give them a hammering on Judgement day.
There again, we never seem to put in a complete performance against them, getting dragged down to their level over the years.

Their playing record  season upon season has been abysmal, and they play in a ground which shows little change (apart from one stand) to the one they played in the 70's when i was a student there , and a fairly regular visitor, when scarlets weren't playing

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 3:20am
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Too add to the above...Glasgow will be a real threat to any team in this competition.

I will be incredibly disappointed and surprised ,if we don't give them a hammering on Judgement day.
There again, we never seem to put in a complete performance against them, getting dragged down to their level over the years.

Their playing record  season upon season has been abysmal, and they play in a ground which shows little change (apart from one stand) to the one they played in the 70's when i was a student there , and a fairly regular visitor, when scarlets weren't playing

So Dragons have 90 days to find a buyer I gather? Is that correct? πŸ€” WRU has owned them for years now. Why on earth is this still going on? 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 7:45am
Well played Cardiff - big win after a tough week. Very fitting tribute to Peter Thomas which I am sure left his attending family in no doubt about what Peter meant to the club, staff & supporters. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 9:53am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

So Dragons have 90 days to find a buyer I gather? Is that correct? πŸ€” WRU has owned them for years now. Why on earth is this still going on? 
Reesy, where did that story come from?

It would fit entirely with the transfer of risk to the pro clubs and demanding guarantors for the loans. Offload responsibility for their core responsibility, the pro game and pyramid below.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 10:09am
Last I read Buttress & 2/3 others were committed to bringing it back into private ownership. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 10:21am
April Fool days special I would guess LOL
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Probably! I am a sucker for fake news EO !! It’s like me believing in the Great Dictator wanting to join Scarlets Fever πŸ˜„
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

It would fit entirely with the transfer of risk to the pro clubs and demanding guarantors for the loans. Offload responsibility for their core responsibility, the pro game and pyramid below.

I think they've got a buyer. One thing I do know. That score yesterday only further proves further what a waste of space they are. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 12:38pm

Probably! I am a sucker for fake news EO !! It’s like me believing in the Great Dictator wanting to join Scarlets Fever πŸ˜„

The Great Leader , I will let it go just this one time Wink
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I think they've got a buyer. One thing I do know. That score yesterday only further proves further what a waste of space they are. 

The dragons CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO FOLD , people can complain about their performance, but look at the great input they have had to the culture of Welsh and even world rugby ...for example take the rugby classic song ..'He knocked it on , knocked it on , knocked it on ' is one of the rugby great songs that is renowned globally...even in NK it topped the charts for over 4 months ...global classics on this scale must be saved Wacko
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 1:01pm

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

The dragons CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO FOLD , people can complain about their performance, but look at the great input they have had to the culture of Welsh and even world rugby ...for example take the rugby classic song ..'He knocked it on , knocked it on , knocked it on ' is one of the rugby great songs that is renowned globally...even in NK it topped the charts for over 4 months ...global classics on this scale must be saved Wacko

I dont think I would blink if Rodney Parade disappeared. 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2023 at 2:36pm
The issue of course, same as valleys, no Dragons...Gwent left with no team , ostracising a huge slice of the fanbase, and development 
If one of the two west teams had performed so badly, on and off field FOR SO LONG ..they would have been gone!
The current financial plight, though not great, would be eased
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2023 at 5:09pm
Good result for blues Sale 2nd in league excellent defence record as well
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic