Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Masters, Augusta National

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Masters, Augusta National
    Posted: 06 April 2023 at 7:33am
One of my favourite sporting occasions starts today - the first golfing major of the year. Will Rory get the grand slam of majors at last; will current world No 1 Scottie Scheffler become, I think, the 4th player to win the title back to back; will the latest in a wonderful line of Spanish golfers John Ram follow Seve, Olazabal & Sergio Garcia in wearing the green jacket or will one of the renegade LIV golfers triumph.

So much intrigue - this weekend, with a decent weather forecast, is going to involve a very fine balancing act between getting my must do gardening jobs done, cooking & the rugby & golf. All this while trying to entertain family - something's going to have to give!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 9:11am
If John Rahm wins i win a tidy sum been putting all my free bets with sky on him since xmas and any odd sums in my account since then too,Agree Gar one of the best sporting events of the year.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 10:07am
Speith and finau for me, rose seems to be getting tipped a lot
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 10:16am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Speith and finau for me, rose seems to be getting tipped a lot

Good calls. So many top players who can win if they get off to a decent start. The old adage is true - you can't win the tournament on the 1st day but you sure can lose it. Weather is set decent for today at 30 degrees, 22 tomorrow when we will get the cut. Then a day to sort out the field - heavy rain and down to 12. Recently Rory has lost it with a poor show on day 1. Anything under par today will set him up. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 10:53am
Cannot wait for this!! Got the apple tv box in work ready to go from 2!

Rory, Rahm or Morikawa for me.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 10:57am
FYI..It's crapple not Apple Wink
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

FYI..It's crapple not Apple Wink

It's really not.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 12:00pm
Its pretty early for pantomime season ...but ..oh yes it is Big smile
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Its pretty early for pantomime season ...but ..oh yes it is Big smile

I'll agree to disagree.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 12:04pm
There's nothing like a double negative , don't you agree LOL
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 2:26pm
Cannot stand golf, boring game for me sorry you golfing lot.....but the Masters and that course is something else, the place looks perfect and unreal ...truly unreal so give it some attention and also the Ryder Cup I quite enjoy.....as for golf not for me
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 7:14pm
Remember the year our own welsh wizard won the masters Ian Woosnam 1991 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 7:51pm
This is not on terrestrial tv any more?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2023 at 8:12pm
Sky gor it matbe bbc have final roumd?
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2023 at 4:59am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Sky gor it matbe bbc have final roumd?
I believe the Beeb were offered it but turned it down highlights coverage that is.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2023 at 6:45am
Rahm off to a flier despite a double bogey at the 1st. Rory slow start but not out of it. Needs to shoot low today with worsening weather. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic