Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

15 players released

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 12:49pm
South Africa seem to have no problems producing huge second and back row ball carriers, you just have to look around the URC and English Premiership to see that.  Hopefully the new forwards coach can point to a number of young up and coming SA players who are not getting enough game time and are off the radar of the SARU, who we can develop.
Sponsored Links

Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 3:11pm
Iestyn Rees wants out of Wales and is hoping to pick up a contract in Hong Kong
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 11:42pm
Henry Thomas free agent from Montpellier.
We are short with Javan and WGJ leaving. I’d take him. 
Gastric Band View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gastric Band Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 9:02pm
I thought Iestyn was very good when he came on against Glasgow
Gastric
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

South Africa seem to have no problems producing huge second and back row ball carriers, you just have to look around the URC and English Premiership to see that.  Hopefully the new forwards coach can point to a number of young up and coming SA players who are not getting enough game time and are off the radar of the SARU, who we can develop.
indeed. Glenn Delaney brought us Kalifoni and Jonny Williams and Costellow also I think from his Leicester ties didn’t he so hope the SA coach has some contacts and we have the money!!
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Gastric Band Gastric Band wrote:

I thought Iestyn was very good when he came on against Glasgow

Yes, and I thought he made more of an impact than Carwyn, although the circumstances were difficult for both of them.
Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 11:23am
Originally posted by scarletsbeno1 scarletsbeno1 wrote:

Henry Thomas free agent from Montpellier.
We are short with Javan and WGJ leaving. I’d take him. 
It’s a no for me
If he’s involved with Wales he’s not worth having and given his age he’s not the type of signing I would take on
I fully believe Samson will get back to atleast 85% of his best and both Wainwright and O’Connor have the potential to be regular internationals, they’re both very even for me with Wainwright being better in the loose while O’Connor is the stronger scrummager as it stands.
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
Formerly Pemberton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formerly Pemberton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 11:37am
By this stage of rhe year I would like to think the management would have already signed a tight head target especially as Dwayne has stated publically since prior to Christmas that his priority was to bolster the pack. So it probably means there's no money left for a high profile late addition to the squad. Unless the W.R.U are fully funding his deal when we would be daft not to take him.
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 9:11pm
Having never played in the Front row I don’t fully understand what’s going on in Scrums half the time, could any of the front row union explain if our young tight heads are any good at scrummaging.

I know a lot comes into it  (age , the pack behind you and the refs interpretation) 
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 10:55pm
There is quite a few good Tight heads in the U18’s and just moved up. The problem is locks. There is one good lock but he’s about 6ft 5” after that it’s thin on the ground. This obviously does affect the front rows no matter how good they are.
Watched the Scarlets v Ospreys u17 last Wednesday a squad game the O’s were big and looked very well drilled. We however looked underpowered but won. Very pacey scrum held well and we were very quick round the park
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Formerly Pemberton Formerly Pemberton wrote:

By this stage of rhe year I would like to think the management would have already signed a tight head target especially as Dwayne has stated publically since prior to Christmas that his priority was to bolster the pack. So it probably means there's no money left for a high profile late addition to the squad. Unless the W.R.U are fully funding his deal when we would be daft not to take him.
You know that there was a recruiting freeze and massive money issues, which still haven’t been resolved right?
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Formerly Pemberton Formerly Pemberton wrote:

You know that there was a recruiting freeze and massive money issues, which still haven’t been resolved right?
That might have been filed under the nearest carpet at HQ, possibly in the « It’s not my fault » pile rather than actually sorting it out and making things happen..
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 8:32am
Nigel Ashley Jones is leaving the Scarlets to join up with the Australian coaching team ahead of the world cup. 
pillory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Nigel Ashley Jones is leaving the Scarlets to join up with the Australian coaching team ahead of the world cup. 

This is a big one, I think. I think the guy's a real task master who has been very vocal.

Going to need someone to come in and plan pre-season.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:22am
At least it won’t be a jobs for the boys role. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:31am
Originally posted by pillory pillory wrote:

[QUOTE=Fscarlet]Nigel Ashley Jones is leaving the Scarlets to join up with the Australian coaching team ahead of the world cup. 

This is a big one, I think. I think the guy's a real task master who has been very vocal.

Going to need someone to come in and plan pre-season.
[/QUOT

Came with a big reputation. I was expecting to see an improvement in our volume of injuries the way he was talked up but sadly that didn't materialise. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic