Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wrexham AFC Promoted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrexham AFC Promoted
    Posted: 22 April 2023 at 8:43pm
Congratulations to Wrexham promoted back to the football league after beating Boreham Wood 3-1 at the racecourse tonight 
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2023 at 9:18pm
I second that, they have been outstanding this season (110 points already) as have Notts County, who I hope are successful in the playoffs.
It’s an incredible story, out of the league for 15 years (relegated 15 years ago today), nearly went into administration on several occasions, but found Hollywood owners who have put their money where their mouths have been.
They will now receive far more funding from the FA and in Rob Reynolds they have a billionaire owner (something some Premiership clubs could only dream of, they have an agreed plan (with council planners) to develope the Racecourse, creating a 15k capacity stadium.
I really found their documentary series a fascinating watch and I’m sure there will be another one out soon, following this incredible season.
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2023 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

I second that, they have been outstanding this season (110 points already) as have Notts County, who I hope are successful in the playoffs.
It’s an incredible story, out of the league for 15 years (relegated 15 years ago today), nearly went into administration on several occasions, but found Hollywood owners who have put their money where their mouths have been.
They will now receive far more funding from the FA and in Rob Reynolds they have a billionaire owner (something some Premiership clubs could only dream of, they have an agreed plan (with council planners) to develope the Racecourse, creating a 15k capacity stadium.
I really found their documentary series a fascinating watch and I’m sure there will be another one out soon, following this incredible season.

As usual Legendinmybathroom writes with insight, and I agree with all he says above. 
What a contrast  with the way Swans have been run for the last 5 or 6 years.
I applaud Wrexham, not just Reynolds,  for their transformation. 
At the centre its the fans,  who dug deep, when the club was about  to go out of business , and if it was'nt for them, there  would  be no
Wrexham  now.
"Little people" still matter, they are the heart and soul of every club, in any sport.
Yma O'Hyd
I stood yer on tanner bank
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2023 at 6:51am
Fabulous news for well beyond the footy fan. 

Such a great news story with so many good things happening as a result of intelligent stars of the screen getting involved in something that captured their hearts all by a strange twist of fate.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2023 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

As usual Legendinmybathroom writes with insight, and I agree with all he says above. 
At the centre its the fans,  who dug deep, when the club was about  to go out of business , and if it was'nt for them, there  would  be no
Wrexham  now.
"Little people" still matter, they are the heart and soul of every club, in any sport.
Yma O'Hyd

I don’t think they’re billionaires. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2023 at 3:26pm
any chance we could get Margot Robbie put a bid in for the Scarlets ? 
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2023 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Wrexham  now.
Yma O'Hyd

if they are they won't be for long with the drinking activities lol.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2023 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

any chance we could get Margot Robbie put a bid in for the Scarlets ? 

No harm in tweeting her ladram LOL
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2023 at 4:21pm
maybe they can use the blueprint of toshacks mighty swans in the 1980s as inspiration, who in just 4 glorious years went straight from the bottom division all the way to the top of division 1......(Then almost back again lol) Packed with welsh legends and a fanatic following on the old north bank Big smile
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2023 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Wrexham  now.
Yma O'Hyd

Ryan rReynold recently cashed in on a Canadian telecommunications firm the he co owned and reportedly made over 1 million Canadian dollars from the sale.
He also has many more successful businesses in his portfolio inc his own gin (aviator gin) one of the main short sponsors of Wrexham.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic