Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 3:19pm
Llandovery are a very good side they bring in a lot of income from renting out to caravaners going well in the league game is live on the you tube channel tomorrow great to see samson lee involved tomorrow 

Also helps that Euros Evans works in Coleg sir gar lot of good talent that he knows 
Did the RFC  have people involved in watching these players 

Sponsored Links

Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Have a look at the quality in the Drovers team. The RFC stood no chance against that background. The player budget must be significant . Proper club with proper clubhouse 
Most of their squad are former Scarlets Academy boys who weren’t quite good enough to make it at the club/pro level, but who are amongst the best players in the Premiership. 
Boisbach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boisbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Have a look at the quality in the Drovers team. The RFC stood no chance against that background. The player budget must be significant . Proper club with proper clubhouse 

Yes agree an excellent semi pro squad with a large budget. A good set up and very well coached .
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 7:49pm
Handover always had a good team years ago was there when they beat Ponty when Wesh cup was proper 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 7:50pm
Llandovery
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 8:16pm
Oh dear me LOL
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 8:23pm
Think the URC season is set to start on the weekend of the 20th October which is the same weekend as the rugby World Cup semi finals. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Think the URC season is set to start on the weekend of the 20th October which is the same weekend as the rugby World Cup semi finals. 
Let’s hope we get Leinster that weekend 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 8:29am
If I was slightly unsure about us being remotely competitive next season I am now of the opinion none of the regions will be. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 7:45pm
Looks like the URC are considering dropping the regional shield model of qualifying for the Champions Cup, so a club / province or region will only qualify for the Champions Cup if they finish in the top 8 in the IRC.
I’m in agreement with that, and I would hope that it would see a sea change in the WRUs attitude towards regional rugby.  They would have to increase funding levels for the regions if they would want to a region sitting at the top table.
As it currently stands, the WRU can just sit back and see the regions struggling in the URC in the knowledge that even if the 4 regions finished in the bottom four positions in the URC they would still get a representative in the Champions Cup.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Looks like the URC are considering dropping the regional shield model of qualifying for the Champions Cup, so a club / province or region will only qualify for the Champions Cup if they finish in the top 8 in the IRC.
I’m in agreement with that, and I would hope that it would see a sea change in the WRUs attitude towards regional rugby.  They would have to increase funding levels for the regions if they would want to a region sitting at the top table.
As it currently stands, the WRU can just sit back and see the regions struggling in the URC in the knowledge that even if the 4 regions finished in the bottom four positions in the URC they would still get a representative in the Champions Cup.
I somehow thought this had already been agreed Confused

Maybe I imagined it.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 8:21pm
I agree with it , if your not good enough you shouldn't be in an even bigger competition
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 8:59pm
It had kind of been agreed in so much that it would take an unanimous vote to keep with the current system of qualification, which of course the Irish & South African sides wouldn’t vote for. 
mr geraint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr geraint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 6:28am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

This won’t change the WRU.

We just have to hope that changing a load of people at the top of the WRU will create a different attitude toward the club game.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 8:42am
Welsh teams would be mad to support a binning of the Shield leagues.

It's absolutely fair and equitable that they should of course.

It's like saying you have to have Kent representation in the Champions League so Snodland Utd are in.

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 9:06am
The vote to retain the status quo has to be unanimous so its as good as over for the Shield. South Africa & Irish teams will clearly not support it. No point really in Welsh teams under the current finance arrangements even considering the Champions Cup.

I fear for Cardiff next season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic