Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

150 years of rugby in West Wales

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 150 years of rugby in West Wales
    Posted: 12 May 2023 at 11:49am
Went to the event last night in PYS. Pretty well organised.Hosted by Ross Harries who plainly is a Scarlets fan having listed his local family credentials!  Historian / novelist Alun Hibbard spoke about the history of rugby in Llanelli up to the 1972 AB game for 15 minutes with no notes at all! Impressive and interesting. We had various interviews by Ross during the night Derek and Roy B ; Tony Copsey and Moony; Stevo and Dwayne ; Scott and Cubby and lastly Gareth J.All spoke well.Videos of the AB and Oz wins and European games as well. Ieuan was there and Nigel Walker as was Wayne Pivac ; Ioan Cunningham etc. About 200 attending which was light I felt and the only current player’s present were Foxy and Scott . It’s time now to move forward to the future ! Overall a very good night 

Edited by reesytheexile - 12 May 2023 at 11:52am
Sponsored Links

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 11:55am
I love the name dropping Wink
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Just painting a picture of the evening for my loyal fans (Teulu Scarlets etc ! 😉😂)  I think the lounge can take about 280-300 so it wasn’t very well attended but surprisingly it was organised pretty well. Next event in my diary is when we do  the league and EC double 🥳 it may be a while away 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Just painting a picture of the evening for my loyal fans (Teulu Scarlets etc ! 😉😂)  I think the lounge can take about 280-300 so it wasn’t very well attended but surprisingly it was organised pretty well. Next event in my diary is when we do  the league and EC double 🥳 it may be a while away 
Where was it held? The Quinnell has a capacity of not too much over 200 I thought on match day. Whether that keeps space for the teams to eat or not, I can’t say.

Glad you enjoyed it and glad that it went very well.

Here’s hoping we’re all able to be there at your next diarised event. Longevity a pre-requisite.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Where was it held? The Quinnell has a capacity of not too much over 200 I thought on match day. Whether that keeps space for the teams to eat or not, I can’t say.

Glad you enjoyed it and glad that it went very well.

Here’s hoping we’re all able to be there at your next diarised event. Longevity a pre-requisite.
In the Quinnell . Probably the final RFC table I suspect as well unless the phoenix rises from the ashes in 2025 ! 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 8:22pm
Teulu Scarlets ...Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic