Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tigers ground redevelopment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tigers ground redevelopment
    Posted: 11 June 2007 at 4:16pm

They'll probably sell it out every week too. The best are just getting better and better (and richer).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/english/6741299. stm

Leicester have revealed a redevelopment plan which will raise the capacity of their Welford Road stadium from 16,815 to 25,000 by 2011.

The plan, worth nearly £30m, still has to be ratified at board level but work could start as early as next spring.

Tigers chairman Peter Tom told the Leicester Mercury: "We want this to be one of the most intimidating stadiums for anyone to play at.

Sponsored Links

dailywaffle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dailywaffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

They'll probably sell it out every week too. The best are just getting better and better (and richer).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/english/6741299. stm

Leicester have revealed a redevelopment plan which will raise the capacity of their Welford Road stadium from 16,815 to 25,000 by 2011.

The plan, worth nearly £30m, still has to be ratified at board level but work could start as early as next spring.

Tigers chairman Peter Tom told the Leicester Mercury: "We want this to be one of the most intimidating stadiums for anyone to play at.

We've been told that its pretty much full steam ahead, starting with the replacement Next stand next spring (the one facing the TV cameras).  The new stand will be built behind the present one, thus allowing us to keep the old one open during most of the building work.  There has been some debate over whether or not 25,000 is the right capacity; but it seems about right to me.

Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 9:33pm

Your Club does not do much wrong with its all out organisation skills. I accept like many others TIGERS are a first class outfit, who over the years have attracted class players and staff to Leicester when the bright lights of London and France were calling.

I can see you going Onwards and upwards, and an example of how to run a club, both the playing side and commercially. 

Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 9:58pm

Uh-oh...

A true example of how to SUCCESFULLY run a rugby club!

Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic