Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Montferrand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

I've always said that the club don't give a poo about us. they can't be assed to even create some multimedia stuff to put on the pc. wouldn't be bl00dy hard..

Are you for real?

Montferrand are rolling in cash. We are positively skint. If you think "some multimedia stuff" and a graphic like the one above for anoraks like us to use as a screen saver would be a good use of resources, then you really need to consider the bigger picture mate.

Sponsored Links

stuscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 1:56pm

THis is excellent, we really should be doing something like this - it may be preaching to the converted tho' so not entirley convinced of marketing value - but it is great. I am lead to believe that this type of artwork can be deceptively expensive.

Anyone highlighted this to the admin team? Wonder if they looked into it, they did produce that poster of Scott looking like he had just stood in something nasty last year but i didnt see it on sale anywhere.  Perhaps the kids would buy it to collect autographs oooh idea what about one with boxes by the players pictures for their signature on sale at the club shop.......... too much caffiene

Why are Leicester called the tigers surely the cheatahs would be more appropriate
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

I've always said that the club don't give a poo about us. they can't be assed to even create some multimedia stuff to put on the pc. wouldn't be bl00dy hard..

Are you for real?

Montferrand are rolling in cash. We are positively skint. If you think "some multimedia stuff" and a graphic like the one above for anoraks like us to use as a screen saver would be a good use of resources, then you really need to consider the bigger picture mate.

Agree to a point Mike but stuff like this takes just gives out the professional image that we strive for. We must throw off the shackles of `small ex-tinplate welsh town` and realise that this is 2004 and people expect more that just to turn up, watch the game and go home.

Strangely, this reminds me of a point that I meant to make about the shareholders meeting at SSC. I felt like a kid there (and beleive me I'm not) as all the other shareholders were 50+. Now what chance does the club have when those who have a say are not `with it`and probably can't stand the though of, for example, dancing girls let alone dance music? Worries me....

Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 2:33pm

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Agree to a point Mike but stuff like this takes just gives out the professional image that we strive for. We must throw off the shackles of `small ex-tinplate welsh town` and realise that this is 2004 and people expect more that just to turn up, watch the game and go home.

Strangely, this reminds me of a point that I meant to make about the shareholders meeting at SSC. I felt like a kid there (and beleive me I'm not) as all the other shareholders were 50+. Now what chance does the club have when those who have a say are not `with it`and probably can't stand the though of, for example, dancing girls let alone dance music? Worries me....

Totally agree with all that, just think it's not a great example.

Things to make the matchday/night experience more professional and impressive would be a better use of resources IMO.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic