Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tavis knoyle on bench (for Llanelli)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 1:50pm
Why on earth isnt Dale Ford playing at outside half? He's got it all, great shunt on him, quick rugby brain, great side step and he's as quick as Benny.

Get the famous Llanelli number 10 on his back, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Sponsored Links

WelshPride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 2:07pm
What makes you say he should be at 10 ? dont you think dale is better suited in the outside backs ?
 he did have a good awarness for space yesterday but what abt luke richards? hes a great kicker also, and very experienced.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 2:14pm
15,would be a great postion for dale,but I have no doubt he could play at 10.

lee rees also looks a great prospect,seen him at full back for scarlets under 18s,impressed yesterday on wing for llandovery,these to boys even at 17 and 18 years of age look complete footballers .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 2:31pm
If they wanted him to play at 10 then i believe they must do it early enough so he can adapt himself into that position if he needed to play there.  But Dale has that speed for and outside back which gives the impression as a winger and thats why i think he is there as he can cover and kick.
yes they are both very impressive for their age as they are competing against much older and stronger boys. These two boys i hear have got welsh 7s trials.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by WelshPride WelshPride wrote:

What makes you say he should be at 10 ? dont you think dale is better suited in the outside backs ?
 he did have a good awarness for space yesterday but what abt luke richards? hes a great kicker also, and very experienced.

Luke is a great player and I dont think he would have let the Scarlets down had he had a start. But age is against him now and he is not going to play for the Scarelts. We have a problem at 10 in general. Jordon Williams is a couple of years off yet, imo I think Dale could do the job for the Scarlets. Made some terrific decisions yesterday, couple of bad ones but he is young. Just feel he has the confidence and skills required to run the game from 10.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

lee rees also looks a great prospect,seen him at full back for scarlets under 18s,impressed yesterday on wing for llandovery,these to boys even at 17 and 18 years of age look complete footballers .

I didnt know the young lad on the wing was an academy player, but noticed that he is a cracking little player.

Both had a huge impact on the game yesterday, the more I see of these young players we have, the more I believe that our future is looking very good.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 3:52pm
I see Luke's experience around these youngsters as pivotal...Top 6 is a realisable goal this year but it will be tough .We had 2 x 19 yr old scrum halves yesterday, an 18 year old centre and full back, and a 17 yr old winger...great for the future with the right guidance and direction.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 3:55pm
dale ford, origianlly a full back isnt he?

with the lack of wings in wales in general, his raw pace is amazing. the fact that he can kick is a plus for his game and our game (in the future).

i dont think he should be thrown in at 10 when we have dan newton, stephen shingler, jordan williams and daniel evans. we cant shove them all at 10. with the pace ford has, he must be a wing or full back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 3:59pm
The future is looking bright with these youngsters coming through. Is there much point in putting dale at 10 and letting get use to the pressure when jordan williams is on the rise? i think it be better to keep dale as a wider play as he is lightingly quick and looks to have a positive outcome when he has the ball.  He will also need to gain weight before playing 10.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 4:47pm
the worry with rfc,finishing in top six is lack of depth at forward in the squad,aaron shingler,and ben morgan,were badly missed yesterday,nic cudd will be back shortly.

we also have dan newton,nick reynolds,and andrew fenby,to return soon,which will be a big plus for a hugely tallented young squad .
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2009 at 8:10am
Originally posted by The Moon The Moon wrote:

LOL - not really but I know Onllwyn Brace.

Clap Brilliant!
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Gerrnando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerrnando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2009 at 11:08am
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Originally posted by omri jones omri jones wrote:

That's not THE J. Davies in the replacements front row is it? And anyone know anything about E. Lloyd and D. Thomas?

No it's James Davies who is the brother of Jon Davies (centre). He's 19 and is an openside flanker.

& if you haven't seen him play, you will be impressed !!! I know you can't compare centre to back rower, but his reading of the game is said to be better than Jiffy's !!

I remember seeing this about James 'Cub' Davies a while back:

omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2009 at 2:14pm
Thanks Gernanndo. Without contributions like yours we would not know a lot about some of our up and coming players. Perhaps this is deliberate, to keep them away from the prying eyes of scouts . Was James on the list of our 21 Academy players or is he otherwise occupied?
I also didn't notice Steven Shingler's name on the Academy list although it looks as if he is very well thought of by Llanelli at least. I would check myself if the list was included in the new Scarlets web site. I hope the new site will have a similar Academy section to the last one - it was one of the most interesting sections. 
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 3:25pm
Ford and Rees are exciting prospects.

Llanelli cocahes need to teach Shingler ( Full Back)  and Martin how to pass
YODA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YODA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Dale ford has played number 10 many times for his school and centre. Very rarely 15.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WelshPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 9:53pm
Do you know him then YODA? or any1 rili.. he has been in the paper quite a bit recently but i havent seen him play much.. frm what i have seen tho he is a Pro in the making! My man of the match against llandovery!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic