Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > PHOTOGRAPHY > Scarlets Photographs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets - Leinster Sept 1st 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endeavour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:59pm
Fab.
Strenuis Ardua Cedunt
Sponsored Links

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:38pm
Cast your mind back a couple of seasons, .... & also a couple of months, when I heard we'd secured Danny Wilson as a coach ... I mentioned the "BOB" (Boll*x Over Ball) ... This is one of Danny's brainchilds while at the Drag-queens... With someone like Aaron effecting it, it males it damn near impossible for the opposition to steal the ball at the breakdown. 9 times out of 10, if it's done quick enough, the defence don't even challenge the ruck, which enables quick ball for the attacking side & keeps the defence on the back foot. It's very evident after Friday night, that we (as opposed to the Drag-queens) have the backline to pull this off !Most defences rely on errors by the attacking team to gain turnover !"

Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:46am
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Classic example how poor Referee position can affect the game ... So close to the breakdown, that he fails to see the Leinster player on his right shoulder NOT part of the tackle clearly a good 18 inches offside in front of the back foot !
Wasn't that the try line though? when we tried crashing over a few times? if that is the case then the off side line is the try line not the feet. The bad positioning I thought you were going to say was the fact that how could he see any attempt at grounding. However with his allowance of Leinster players to not move from the ruck area and slow ball down I wasn't surprised.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic