Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Music Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reading?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reading?
    Posted: 15 August 2013 at 12:42am
Anyone going? ...

I've reached that point in life where a hotel room takes precedence over a tent.. Looking forward to System of a Down, Nine Inch Nails, Biffy, Skrillex, Lumineers, Don Broco...
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 11:22am
I haven't been since 2003 or 04, the fact they boost the ticket prices up year-in year-out puts me off and I've grown out of the atmosphere of such festivals, as you say I'd never stay in a tent now it would have to be hotel.

How much is the RRP for a weekend ticket this year? I think it was £130 when I last went and a friend remembers its being £90 in 1999. Must be at least £200 by now?
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 11:32am
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by A Evans A Evans wrote:

I went in 95. Cost me 60 notes!!

Main Stage

Reading Friday Reading Saturday Reading Sunday

Melody Maker Stage

Carlsberg Stage

Comedy Stage

some blasts from the past there. i went to glasto that year
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:06pm
What was the line up like paj?
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by A Evans A Evans wrote:

What was the line up like paj?
i cannot remember.
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:35pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 3:15pm
oh yeah. i was smashed watching oasis be average. thats when i stopped liking them.

PJ harvey was good. evan dando treated apallingly.

belly didn't play, thats an error on someone's part
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

Anyone going? ...

I've reached that point in life where a hotel room takes precedence over a tent.. Looking forward to System of a Down, Nine Inch Nails, Biffy, Skrillex, Lumineers, Don Broco...

I can see the top of the main stage being errected from my office window Thumbs Up Not looking forward to the commute in on Thursday and Friday! Cry
Scarlets!!!
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by m1nd3d m1nd3d wrote:

I haven't been since 2003 or 04, the fact they boost the ticket prices up year-in year-out puts me off and I've grown out of the atmosphere of such festivals, as you say I'd never stay in a tent now it would have to be hotel.

How much is the RRP for a weekend ticket this year? I think it was £130 when I last went and a friend remembers its being £90 in 1999. Must be at least £200 by now?

£197.50 for a weekend ticket ... A bit painful especially with hotel costs on top. Still enjoy the buzz of festival crowds and aimlessly wandering between stages..
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2013 at 2:57pm
i remember going more or less every year between 2000-2008.

a festival that in my opinion is dying a slow death.

poor atmosphere (compared to other festivals)
very poor sound quality for such a major event.

Main stage bar one or two bands has also become a mediocre stage. once filled with greatness, now filled with second rate rock acts. its sad.

then there is the price.
i know everything goes up every year, but back in 2000, my first reading festival, £95 for the entire weekend to see a main stage filled with main stage acts.
by 2008, it was £190 ish, poor line up, poor sound quality.
 since 2002 i think, it has gone on a downward spiral (some would say before).

i have ditched the festival and have no desire to return.

Hop Farm Festival in 2010 i think, was a whopping £5 (special offer in m&m direct!!)
Paul Weller, Super Furry Animals, Doves, Ladyhawke, Florence and the Machine, Editors, Scratch Perverts, 2manyDJs, 65daysofstatic, The Frattelis etc etc all for just a fiver! a 2 day festival, i think there was roughly 40000 there! completely chilled out, ice cold pints served at a reasonable price (for a festival),  it was such a difference from reading and put reading into persepective for me. they have become a festival who simply dont really care who is there, we will keep on upping the money and cram everyone in. hop farm was very spacious camping, so spacious, that you could swear you were on an actual camp site! we had a camper van with around 5 tents around it was bliss.
a festival that some hooligans have yet to tap into, as the latest reading festivals was filled with people wanting a fight and burning tents more than music lovers, a real shame but hop farm was far from that.

i know hop farm has had money issues this year with a few acts yet to have been paid, but i hope it is all solved and the festival kicks on. i was gutted to miss the year after i was there when Death Cab For Cutie and I THINK sigur ros (wouldnt swear to Sigur Ros though!)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic