Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli v Cardiff Met University

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Richard Bassett, the Llanelli tighthead was my man of the match and did most to demolish the Uni scrum, carried aggressively and took his try well- reminded me of a mobile Shambo. I was surprised to learn that he also has age grade caps as Rhys Fawcett is the one who has gained most attention.

Rich Basset is a superb player and one of the most skilful front row players I’ve seen.
Unfortunately what will hold him back is a lack of size, compared to say, Ben Leung. Bassett is a far superior player in every facet of the game (in my opinion) but his comparatively small frame means Leung gets opportunities while Rich hasn’t.

Rich came over from Llanelli Wanderers and is really mobile ,energetic and skilful for a prop. Yes needs conditioning but a little power house of a player.
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Richard Bassett, the Llanelli tighthead was my man of the match and did most to demolish the Uni scrum, carried aggressively and took his try well- reminded me of a mobile Shambo. I was surprised to learn that he also has age grade caps as Rhys Fawcett is the one who has gained most attention.

Rich Basset is a superb player and one of the most skilful front row players I’ve seen.
Unfortunately what will hold him back is a lack of size, compared to say, Ben Leung. Bassett is a far superior player in every facet of the game (in my opinion) but his comparatively small frame means Leung gets opportunities while Rich hasn’t.

Rich came over from Llanelli Wanderers and is really mobile ,energetic and skilful for a prop. Yes needs conditioning but a little power house of a player.

Good to know. We need props who are contenders to back up the Scarlets squad - it's a tough position, where players can easily get injured.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic