Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 9:21am

I live in bridgend and find it difficult to travel down for the Llanelli Rfc games in addition to the Scarlets matches - but i can see that i will have to attend a couple of RFC to meet you all in person.  (I sit in the stand with my father for theScarlets games - i am not the tallest of people!)

My feelings about this topic are as follows:

I think Mike is right we have to have some means of showing those whose behaviour is not acceptable that we disapprove whether it is continously insulting the ref with foul language (come on well all shout at an official at some point) or booing and whistling when opponents are kicking.

I think fans should be as vocal as possible in their support of the team but it is difficult when the team offers you very little to cheer.  The noise for that twenty minutes against Biarritz when we were threatenting was tremendous.  The rest of the game it was quiet because we were obviously out of it. 

There is a guy who sits infront of me who is very polite and apparently mild mannered, who sings when there is singing, claps politely at oppositions scores and good touch finders, cheers with the best of them, is quiet during place kicks and when he shouts at the officials he gets to his feet and yells "Poor show referee" - he is a star and we should have more of them!

Why are Leicester called the tigers surely the cheatahs would be more appropriate
Sponsored Links

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Chesswithdeath Chesswithdeath wrote:

This isnt about naming and shaming, as i've said before we all go to Stradey for the same reasons. We should as civilised adults know where to draw the line and respect our fellow fans (and their children).

God i'm gettin boring in my old age!

I didn't say it was about naming and shaming. I said they should be named and shamed. Then it just may wise them up a little. At least we'd know who to look out for if they went to a different part of the ground.

Through Thick And Thin!
Chesswithdeath View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 9:44am
Point taken Lino.
Emma View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 3:45pm
i agree with lino, not only becuase i wasnt there and very nosey, but i think it will discourage them from doing it again, theyd be to embarrassed too
There ain't no lovin' like West Virginia lovin'
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 7:20pm
Boys and girls, haven't read all the messages in this thread but I get the idea. What are we arguing with ourselves for like a bunch or fools? We are letting the current situation get to us and that's stupid. At this time, we all need to pull together not bicker. Ymlaen Llanelli
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
stradeyscarlet View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 10:41pm
well said supertaf.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic