Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Squad for the 2022 6 Nations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2022 at 11:16am
I can't see Wales getting close to Ireland. They will bring too much intensity for us and our only chance is if we can frustrate them for long enough.
If the Scots have a good start to their campaign they will really fancy their chances against us.
Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2022 at 11:23am
Originally posted by sospanman sospanman wrote:

I can't see Wales getting close to Ireland. They will bring too much intensity for us and our only chance is if we can frustrate them for long enough.
If the Scots have a good start to their campaign they will really fancy their chances against us.
I bet you Scotland implode in Cardiff even if they beat England 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2022 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Don’t think Wales are making excuses it was pointed out by Irish journalist.
It’s good that the Irish writing us off already got a sneaking feeling we could spring surprise Sat. A week on Saturday sets us up for another challenge for title with England having injury problems and us having France at home.
A loss this Saturday and it will be long six nations for us.

Pivac has been mentioning 680 caps missing since he named the squad. I have to say i am no great fan if the Irish journos who can get awfully smug. This time though I van only see one result.
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2022 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

It’s good that the Irish writing us off already got a sneaking feeling we could spring surprise Sat. A week on Saturday sets us up for another challenge for title with England having injury problems and us having France at home.

Pivac has been mentioning 680 caps missing since he named the squad. I have to say i am no great fan if the Irish journos who can get awfully smug. This time though I van only see one result.

This from Gwlad-

"It is amazing that they have always had such a low regard for us. We've been the dominant force in the 6 Nations since 2005 with 4 GS and 2 Championships. I can barely remember a single season where we went into the tournament as favourites. Maybe 2013 and that eventually turned out to be correct. We're going to have a tonking this weekend and eventually, after 240,000,000 predictions that we will fail, your Irish pundit will for once, be spot on. However, I'll start taking them seriously when they get up to around half the number of [beep]ing Grand Slams that we have banked. I may then pay the [beep]s some attention. Us, 3 million people clinging onto life, on the sides of [beep] heaps, in the rain, under the cosh of the Tories, with 12 Grand Slams, 22 Triple Crowns and 3 World Cup Semi Final appearances, to their 3, 11 and [beep] all past the quarters." - Ysbrid Solva

Top post but with a very iffy pack, ropey defence and crack-pipe on the whistle I can only see a long afternoon for Wales. Hope I'm wrong...
What's going on?
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2022 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by gaffer gaffer wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

This from Gwlad-

"It is amazing that they have always had such a low regard for us. We've been the dominant force in the 6 Nations since 2005 with 4 GS and 2 Championships. I can barely remember a single season where we went into the tournament as favourites. Maybe 2013 and that eventually turned out to be correct. We're going to have a tonking this weekend and eventually, after 240,000,000 predictions that we will fail, your Irish pundit will for once, be spot on. However, I'll start taking them seriously when they get up to around half the number of [beep]ing Grand Slams that we have banked. I may then pay the [beep]s some attention. Us, 3 million people clinging onto life, on the sides of [beep] heaps, in the rain, under the cosh of the Tories, with 12 Grand Slams, 22 Triple Crowns and 3 World Cup Semi Final appearances, to their 3, 11 and [beep] all past the quarters." - Ysbrid Solva

Top post but with a very iffy pack, ropey defence and crack-pipe on the whistle I can only see a long afternoon for Wales. Hope I'm wrong...

Haha LOL - thanks for posting that quote from Gwlad! It raised the spirits!

Realistically, with so many top players out, it's not possible to feel optimistic either for Saturday or for the whole tournament; having said that, it's amazing how Wales has out-performed the regions over the years. No idea how to explain it... finances? 
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2022 at 3:09pm
The Principality Stadium will close it's bars after half time & is bringing in Amstel (4.1% ABV) to replace Heineken (5% ABV) in a bid to reduce drunkenness. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2022 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

The Principality Stadium will close it's bars after half time & is bringing in Amstel (4.1% ABV) to replace Heineken (5% ABV) in a bid to reduce drunkenness. 

Ha ha, they'll need to breathalyse everyone on the way in and lock up the spirits and wine.

Edited by greypower1 - 02 February 2022 at 4:57pm
Keep the faith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic