Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back in training

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 10:55am
Originally posted by BBC Sport BBC Sport wrote:

Scarlets have announced a recruitment role for former Wales flanker James Davies.

Davies announced his retirement from rugby in April 2022 due to concussion and has been named the club's new recruitment and operations officer.

The 31-year-old has taken on the role this summer, working alongside Scarlets general manager of rugby Jon Daniels.

"It is an exciting role to be involved in and Scarlets means a huge amount to me," said Davies.

"I am looking forward to working with Jon and [head coach] Dwayne [Peel] to help the club achieve their ambitions."

Davies, nicknamed Cubby, made more than a century of appearances for the Scarlets in an illustrious playing career that saw him win 11 Wales caps.

He also has a business degree from Bristol University and worked as an executive member of the Welsh Rugby Players Association (WRPA).

"It is great to have someone of Cubby's experience and calibre as part of our off-field operations," added Daniels.

"There are two key elements of this role. one is to be the main interface with agents and to develop relationships, because as a club, we want to be the one of choice for their client.

"The role is also to facilitate the internal processes of succession planning and identifying retention and recruitment targets.

"Ultimately, Dwayne and myself will have the final say on that, but it is a critical process in the business and it needs somebody to facilitate it effectively."
Sponsored Links

Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 10:57am
Another made up role for an ex player. We certainly keep up our title of “Jobs for the boys club”
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 10:58am
Before the inevitable backlash I want to be the first to congratulate Cubby & the club on,what for me, is a forward thinking & shrewd appointment. Good luck cubby boi.LOL
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

Another made up role for an ex player. We certainly keep up our title of “Jobs for the boys club”
Read the article, he is qualified and right for the role and can only be a good thing for him and Scarlets 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Before the inevitable backlash I want to be the first to congratulate Cubby & the club on,what for me, is a forward thinking & shrewd appointment. Good luck cubby boi.LOL
I’m with you on this GPR.

Succession planning is always desirable.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Read the article, he is qualified and right for the role and can only be a good thing for him and Scarlets 

What’s a business degree got to do with a recruiting role at the Scarlets? It’s a made up role for him for the club to look good with his concussion issues. If he was in the role of head of entertainment then that’s more believable than this.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 8:00pm

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

What’s a business degree got to do with a recruiting role at the Scarlets? It’s a made up role for him for the club to look good with his concussion issues. If he was in the role of head of entertainment then that’s more believable than this.
He is negotiating with agents I would suggest a business degree would be helpful as well as the fact he was executive  member of players union that would be a tad helpful surely and I haven’t mentioned his recent rugby career which puts him
In contact with current players. Makes him Ideal for Job would live to know what qualifications you think are are needed to fill the position.

Edited by Why - 23 August 2022 at 8:00pm
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 8:19pm
I hope fellow Crys board members will forgive me for sharing as yet unpublished info, but we met Phil Morgan today and he gave the impression that the organisation has been understaffed (understandably given Covid) for a while and they just need help running the place in various ways.

So when you read the job description in the press release in conjunction with the need for passionate people to help run the business, this appointment makes sense.

They've said that Dwayne and John make the recruitment decisions, as you would expect
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 9:46pm
Happy with Cubby's appointment and look forward to some more good recruitment news soon. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic