Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 regions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Nothing wrong with debt as long as you can service the interest payments and put up collateral.  Both can easily be done by WRU surely.

Exactly those assets will continue to grow in value anyway....the extra revenue from hotel pushes the wru to over 100 million per annum , shouldn't be too hard to extend their mortgage...plus they've got ongoing debenture sales etc
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2023 at 6:11pm
Apparently WRPSA have offered a year's delay to the WRU. Makes some sense. With the current situation - acting CEO, very inexperienced and limited chair, board not fit for purpose, investigations into misogyny, homophobia, racism etc the likelihood of any sensible, well thought through plan for the future coming into being this week seems highly unlikely. Now is not the time to be fixing 6 year deals!

Edited by gaffer - 20 February 2023 at 6:11pm
What's going on?
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2023 at 8:32am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Nothing wrong with debt as long as you can service the interest payments and put up collateral.  Both can easily be done by WRU surely.

Exactly those assets will continue to grow in value anyway....the extra revenue from hotel pushes the wru to over 100 million per annum , shouldn't be too hard to extend their mortgage...plus they've got ongoing debenture sales etc

I suspect interest payments are the heart of the problem. The assets may be growing in value but the interest payments still have to be made. I've been watching hotel prices in central Cardiff for the last few weeks and they've been under £100 for a room. The Parkgate hotel has been letting rooms for a few quid more than the travel lodge round the corner. That's trading at a loss because of their costs and their debt.

On another point, the regions are each carrying the covid debt. Close a region and the WRU will have to pick up the debt.
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2023 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

I suspect interest payments are the heart of the problem. The assets may be growing in value but the interest payments still have to be made. I've been watching hotel prices in central Cardiff for the last few weeks and they've been under £100 for a room. The Parkgate hotel has been letting rooms for a few quid more than the travel lodge round the corner. That's trading at a loss because of their costs and their debt.

On another point, the regions are each carrying the covid debt. Close a region and the WRU will have to pick up the debt.

parkgate was £1000 a night for 6 nations last year
sir duckling tuft
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2023 at 3:46pm
I stayed in the park gate hotel last year ...Autumn international....lovely hotel and lovely staff
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2023 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

I stayed in the park gate hotel last year ...Autumn international....lovely hotel and lovely staff

oracle the secret millonaireTongue, what was the damage for your stay ?
sir duckling tuft
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2023 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

That's 2 to 3 weekends in the first three months of the year. A profitable hotel makes money on wet february wednesdays.

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2023 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

That price is for 2 people as far as I know & includes pre match dinner, prime ticket, drinks reception afterwards along with brekkie the following morning. 
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2023 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Undercover I bet Big smile
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic