Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clive Griffiths

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clive Griffiths
    Posted: 08 May 2006 at 3:13pm
Former Wales defence coach Clive Griffiths has joined English National League One side Doncaster as director of rugby on a three year deal.

Griffiths, who lost his Wales role last week, had been linked with the vacant coaching position at Llanelli Scarlets.

Doncaster finished a disappointing 10th in the 14-team league this season, and sacked coach Pieter Muller in February.

"Doncaster are a very ambitious club and they have a good bit of financial backing," Griffiths told BBC Sport.

"They have been talking to me for a long time and with all the uncertainty surrounding my future over the past few weeks I have appreciated their honesty."

Griffiths, who lives in Lancashire, had worked with the last three Wales coaches since his appointment back in 2001.

He was capped once by Wales, but switched codes to rugby league in 1979 by joining St Helens.

He spent 10 years as coach to the Welsh rugby league team, twice taking them to the semi-final stage of the World Cup twice and won the European Championship for the first time in 57 years.

His first coaching role in union was with London Welsh before he became defence coach with Swansea.

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic