Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello New Members !!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 61>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 8:15pm
hey, welcome to the forum!
There ain't no lovin' like West Virginia lovin'
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 10:20pm
hi im Stephen (lofty) Evans,one of the last babies to be born at Glasfryn Hospital Llanelli,then they shipped everyone to Singleton to try to wipe the Turks out,But as usual the jacks failed.Born and bred Llanelli boy, but for the last six years married a Swansea girl and have emigrated to LLansamlet in Swansea,but im still and always will be a Turk. Im an Engineering Manager in a Large company in Swansea and im surrounded by pastie loving dimwits who i cannot understand and they cannot understand me. Followed the Scarlets for 33 yrs at the town end,every season,good years and bad.Joined the site as i need to expand my thoughts instead of phoning everyone i know and getting on their nerves.I am on the Official Scarlet web page and sometimes i go off my tree,but there is an lot of pent up fustration at the moment and i cannot keep sacking the jacks.
grout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2004 at 9:01pm

Hi I'm Dave, live in Bath - get over for a few games - brought up in Llanelli.  Have family living in Llanelli, Mynydd-y-Garreg, Tumble, Llanbybie and Harrow.

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 4:35pm
I'm Jon, both myself & son (Tom) are season ticket holders in the North enclosure . Wife Aly (loves McB's Bum) & daughter Ceri-Ann come whenever they can. Always lived in Cardiff now work in Newport in IT. (I took some stick working with a bucket full of "Bok" fans.) Father,  born & bred in Llanelli in Rose Cottage on the hill overlooking Stradey. Grandfather was a Blacksmith who apparently had some input into the original Grandstand ?
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Chesswithdeath View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 4:42pm
WELCOME DUDES!
JPR Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPR Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 2:51pm
my name's JPR Morgan and i live and work in Cardiff. i also support the Cardiff Blues
I love turks
BigJim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 11:01am

Hi, I'm Matt Conway and I live in Bromley (Kent).  Originally from Pembrokeshire I've been supporting the Scarlets since I was about 14 (school PE teacher brought a load of the rugby teams up to watch Llanelli beat Leicester and I've supported them ever since - good work Mr James).

I get to about 6-7 games in Stradey a year (and yes they are against the big teams but with a 600 mile round trip you can't blame me for not being that bothered with watching Borders etc).

Whilst I'm here introducing myself - does anyone know any good rugby pubs in London that will be showing the game on Saturday?  Preferably one with taffs in that might be more tolerant of me when I start shouting like a pillock (when we're winning) or getting all miserable (when we're losing).

Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 11:33am

Best place to watch the game will be The famous 3 Kings in West Kensington. 3-4 big screens and they will defo be showing the game. Londons only "unofficial" Welsh pub. There will also be plenty of Scarlets in attendance.

Jim, the above is a quote from member - S.Pimpernel and was written for the Toulouse match - sounds promising!

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 12:13pm
Must have missed this first time round - I see the administrators have found a cunning way to put their threads/notices near the top!

Anyway... I'm Gerran, live in Aberystwyth. Dad went to Llanelli Grammar, still have family in Burry Port. I must have seen the Scarlets play for the first time around 1960. How many others out there can remember Phil Bennett play in the U-15 7 a side tournament in around 1962? Even then, you could tell he'd play for Wales...
I have always followed the Scarlets, even from a distance when working in England, N.Ireland and France...
Pity so many matches have evening Kick-offs - I try to get down for the 'big' games all the same, with a 'country' membership (6 vouchers per season).  Would see more if we had more 3pm kick-offs.
Can't join in after-match carousing, as I have to drive home!
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 12:18pm
Croeso!
Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by BigJim BigJim wrote:

Hi, I'm Matt Conway and I live in Bromley (Kent).  Originally from Pembrokeshire I've been supporting the Scarlets since I was about 14 (school PE teacher brought a load of the rugby teams up to watch Llanelli beat Leicester and I've supported them ever since - good work Mr James).

I get to about 6-7 games in Stradey a year (and yes they are against the big teams but with a 600 mile round trip you can't blame me for not being that bothered with watching Borders etc).

Whilst I'm here introducing myself - does anyone know any good rugby pubs in London that will be showing the game on Saturday?  Preferably one with taffs in that might be more tolerant of me when I start shouting like a pillock (when we're winning) or getting all miserable (when we're losing).

There's the Famous Three King's in West Kensington. just walk out of the tube station, turn right and it's a hefty 2 yard walk away on the right hand side. You'll have to get there about an hour and a half before the match though as it gets full early. It's always showing Wales Rugby and football matches. Also any of the games on Scrum V (Regional or club) and S4C. It's really an unofficial welsh pub.

The only shame is, Jacks go there too.!!

pwllendprincess View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwllendprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2004 at 10:55pm

croeso every1

PwllEnd Princess (P.E.P) xxxx
THE OSPREYS CO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE OSPREYS CO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 7:38pm

Enjoy the match and the best of Welsh and see you all on Boxingday

THE OSPREYS COWBOYS
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 9:25pm
Welcome to another Ospreys fan ......Ospraylee
Pan handle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"These gloves are sh*t, man."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 9:35pm

Originally posted by Chesswithdeath Chesswithdeath wrote:

Welcome to another Ospreys fan ......Ospraylee

Think you mean osprays fan

Emma View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 9:45pm
hey welcome to the forum little bro!
There ain't no lovin' like West Virginia lovin'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 61>
  Share Topic